IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Targeting clubs like Barca and other big clubs is obviously the way to go. They stockpile players and when they want their next superstar they have to unload fringe players to balance their books. If we do our homework we seem to have we can exploit that and get some other gems in. 

yeah i always thought Brands was building the connections so he could move there after Everton being cynical myself.  Your explanation makes more sense.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i always thought Brands was building the connections so he could move there after Everton being cynical myself.  Your explanation makes more sense.

Doesnt seem like the kind of bloke to think like that. It was a struggle to get him to Everton, wasnt it?

56 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Doesnt seem like the kind of bloke to think like that. It was a struggle to get him to Everton, wasnt it?

honestly i think it can serve 2 purposes.  we are getting fantastic players at cut rate deals, no doubt on that.  but also the part i said, he is forging strong relationships, they see how shrewd he is, they see how he negotiates and holds his ground (Mina), if and it's a BIG if, he does turn around Everton we are in CL every year and win a trophy and he's got us blooding youngsters and cheap foreign imports and selling for millions on the dollar, then yes if i was Barca i would want him there.  they love the dutch and a person showing that skill set which they already have a great relationship would be a no brainer.

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m sure Brands is very ambitious. 

exactly, most dutch aspire to His Holiness Cruyff and Barca.  i would suspect he is no different.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I understand players wanting to go to the best teams in the world like Barca and Real Madrid etc. However for Brands (or similar) taking a job there means you can really only tread water or go down as they’re already at the top of the tree and pretty much any player you want you can get. If we are paying similar wages then being at a club that you can mould and build a legacy must surely be better job satisfaction. 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'm hopeful too because we lost all control with his departure. We need him fit for Watford with Schneiderlin definitely out (at least it's only for one game), so that someone senior is playing next to Gbamin. I will shit myself if we have to pair Davies and Gbamin for that game.