IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

You get all the talksport brigade saying it was a joke of a red card. At the end of the day son went into that challenge to put something on Gomes. I’m not saying he wanted the end result but he wanted to give him a bit back and for me that constitutes dangerous play. Fucking disgusting. We continued to get fucked over on these decisions and I’m sick of it. Someone will sue whoever owns VAR pretty quickly. The club needs to stand up for themselves otherwise we will be relegated and standing with our dicks in our hands. Can anyone remember another player or club that has been banned for diving like niasse? Time and again we get fucked over 

This is beyond belief, I can’t bring myself to watch the footage again, it was horrible enough in the ground on Sunday.  As most have said there was intent to bring Gomes down by Son, he did it’s a red . On the basis that a decision can be overturned, should we not be asking for Keanes penalty at Brighton be overturned and a 1-2 result be awarded, and the two clear penalties from Sunday be reversed, score one miss one, we win 2-1, can we have our 5 points please Mr PL.

the league is quickly becoming as much of a sham as the NFL is.  terrible refs, bad replays, and rigged games for the top teams.  they really need to snuff this stuff out and fast or else i can see people losing interest.  i know i have in many american sports because of it. they dont' get my money or tv time or interest like they used to.

Come on lads your being a bit melodramatic, we've seen many men trip players to stop  breakaways even some of our own. The ref gave a yellow card which i thought it deserved, then after seeing the injury decided to to go one better and give him a red.!!  Piss poor refereeing in my mind and I'm not surprised it was overturned.

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

Come on lads your being a bit melodramatic, we've seen many men trip players to stop  breakaways even some of our own. The ref gave a yellow card which i thought it deserved, then after seeing the injury decided to to go one better and give him a red.!!  Piss poor refereeing in my mind and I'm not surprised it was overturned.

I'm pretty sure VAR gave the red, on the grounds that any foul that leads to an injury is now considered reckless. Or is that bullshit? 

But if VAR got that wrong and had it overturned, what about the Alli handball? Coz I still don't know in what universe that isn't a penalty on replay. Or the Richarlison trip? Can a panel now give Sanchez a retrospective red on the grounds that the standing referee and the video panel have been demonstrated to be utterly fucking incompetent on three separate occasions? 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think you must have watched a different game to me Bill!

It was a lot more than just a trip, it was a revenge tackle deliberately attempting to take him out. He has slid straight into the back of him with his studs up and taken his ankle out . 

Son is 100% to blame for the state of Gomes’ ankle and a 3 game ban was the very least he deserved 

Jagielka got a three game ban for far sliding in against aWolves player on the opening day of the season last year and he was clearly trying to get the ball . What Son did was premeditated so how can it not be a red?

It was a revenge tackle, so a red for me with it was malicious. I understand players tripping others in what is a professional foul or even cheeky fouls. Sure, Son didn't mean to injure him, but he did, and it was the result of him losing his bearings. 

Doesn't set a good precedent when players are allowed to be malicious. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I agree, albeit I might be one of the only ones!

Gomes is actually one of the worst for it too. He will hunt a player down and he will give someone a kick if they are getting away from him and he can't catch up. 

Son was absolutely trying to bring him down but the tackle was low and whilst there is an argument to say such a deliberate foul could be a red card offence, it isn't.  

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Son was absolutely trying to bring him down but the tackle was low and whilst there is an argument to say such a deliberate foul could be a red card offence, it isn't.  

It is now. They've changed the rules (took the word intent out) so if you injure someone it's a red. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

It is now. They've changed the rules (took the word intent out) so if you injure someone it's a red. 

Really? So if you kick out and someone and they get injured then a booking goes to a red?

Do you know what they define as an injury as that seems pretty subjective to me?

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Really? So if you kick out and someone and they get injured then a booking goes to a red?

Do you know what they define as an injury as that seems pretty subjective to me?

someone already posted it, look in the matchday thread or back in this thread.  they posted the exact rule.  if there is an injury, auto red now.  no intent required. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Clattunberg of all refs, said Dele would have been a pen too.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-clattenburg-martin-atkinson-sons-17195715.amp

If you are prepared to stop a player and it’s clear you have made no attempt to play the ball, then you should be prepared to take a red card. 
You can have no certainty of the consequences of your tackle, so you have to there for accept that you’re tackle to deliberately stop a man with no intention to win the ball, could lead to serious injury, so for me with that Knowledge you need to be red carded, it’s the only way to try and protect players in the main from tackles like Son’s. 
To be fair I’m pretty shocked at the decision to over turn the red card, it completely sends out all the wrong signals for me. 

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If you are prepared to stop a player and it’s clear you have made no attempt to play the ball, then you should be prepared to take a red card. 
You can have no certainty of the consequences of your tackle, so you have to there for accept that you’re tackle to deliberately stop a man with no intention to win the ball, could lead to serious injury, so for me with that Knowledge you need to be red carded, it’s the only way to try and protect players in the main from tackles like Son’s. 
To be fair I’m pretty shocked at the decision to over turn the red card, it completely sends out all the wrong signals for me. 

Red for all tackles like that or only the ones that cause an injury? 

For me a tactical foul is part of the game, and something we've been missing in our side.