IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

6 hours ago, aaron said:

Defo got the funds to afford it, its the financing is the problem with FFP, we cant just spunk £50m on every player because of this. FFP is a waste of time anyway

Im not so sure we have the funds. Lots of poor signings and a very expensive viking (worth it) could have drained the bank 

50 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'd sell Walcott a hundred times before considering this. We should be investing in talented young players, not selling them off.

That's fantastic investing paid 7million and in 2 years get 30million back I wish I had shares in that deal.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That's fantastic investing paid 7million and in 2 years get 30million back I wish I had shares in that deal.

Not if that £7m player goes on to prove he's world class and is with 4 times the amount we sold on for.

Lookman has game changing ability.  He's very very good. We would be daft to sell him. He's ahead of Walcott for me. 

27 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Not if that £7m player goes on to prove he's world class and is with 4 times the amount we sold on for.

Lookman has game changing ability.  He's very very good. We would be daft to sell him. He's ahead of Walcott for me. 

That was a bit tongue in cheek what I posted Haf and he's a head of Bernard for me as well.

And I'm assuming you don't really believe he could be worth 120 million in the future do you.

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Definitely think we will not have much chance keeping him, he’s quality and will want to play on the biggest stages in football and that requires Champions league football and we can’t give him that. 

I'm hoping he will want to repay the faith we have put in him, but I'm afraid you may be right - he is destined for big things. Hopefully it's with us.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marco-silva-says-andre-gomes-15496777

I know some are doubtful that he'd sign for us permanently, but I really believe that if we can agree a deal with Barcelona that he'd be ours.

I hope your right but I can see other teams with desires on him he’s getting better every match, we won’t be the only ones who will be talking to Barca and that’s if they decide to sell now. 

If we don’t get him l can’t begin to imagine what a loss it will be, hindsight’s a wonderful thing Barca didn’t want to do a loan deal at first they just wanted to sell. We obviously didn’t have the money or weren’t convinced of his ability, I would say at the time the money. 

We’ve talked for years about a player who could “take us to the next level”. He’s beyond anything we’ve gotten excited about in the past in every way. 

People have often talked about ambition, and I’ve always argued it’s not about money; it’s about the players. He would be a true sign of ambition and a real warning to the rest of the league in terms of what we’re trying to be about. He’s that good. 

2 minutes ago, sibdane said:

He, or a player like him, has to be our number one priority, even over a striker at this point. He really makes the middle gel.

He is number one priority for me, even if we don’t sign anyone else. I think Cenk deserves another chance with Gomes driving the attacking part of the mid, he’d have more time to concentrate on being a striker than CF and that’s what he’s best at. 

He could be the catalyst for a very good Everton side ... one that can challenge top 2 or 3.... he's that good. 

He can be the player that entices other players to us and keeps talent like richarlison and Bernard happy in the knowledge that they have top tier team mates. 

I'm desperate that we sign him. We should be trying to make this happen now.  

7 hours ago, Matt said:

He is number one priority for me, even if we don’t sign anyone else. I think Cenk deserves another chance with Gomes driving the attacking part of the mid, he’d have more time to concentrate on being a striker than CF and that’s what he’s best at. 

Silva clearly doesn’t fancy Cenk, and prefers DCL. 

Fully expect to see him gone in the next 6 months.