IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Let's see what he's made of, greed or loyalty. I think he'll stay. Actually we can compete with Tottenham over wages, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I can’t say it’s loyalty as he’s only been here for twelve games or so. Spurs could offer a lot, new ground, London. But spurs don’t pay huge huge wages and you get more house for your money on Merseyside. I think he will loads of high profile clubs in for him including city 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I can’t say it’s loyalty as he’s only been here for twelve games or so. Spurs could offer a lot, new ground, London. But spurs don’t pay huge huge wages and you get more house for your money on Merseyside. I think he will loads of high profile clubs in for him including city 

I agree on the loyalty bit, other than does he see us as the team that gave him the chance to resurrect his career, and value being around other Portuguese speakers or nationals? I hope so.

Living in London could be a major pull or it could be the opposite, some love a big city, some don't, and on a footballers wages the cost of housing doesn't really have much of an impact on their decision to where to live, it's only us mere mortals it affects.

I was joking about the house prices, he’s been talking again on sky sports and from what he implies to me he wants to stay and is hoping the club can afford him. Barca are always looking for a big name signing, Suarez is getting on now so selling a relatively low name player for £40 million must appeal to go towards a superstar 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not a top 4 player but he’s a good squad player to have at the moment. 

Really? Because good squad players are supposed to be able to come in and make the loss of a regular starter hardly be noticeable. He doesn't do that. He just highlighted how much better Gana is.

If it's true that we're letting McCarthy go out on loan then I'll be fuming. I'd rather rely on him, after a horrendous leg break, to come in and replace Gana when neccesary than Tom Davies. I'm still trying to work out what the fuck he actually does other than nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Really? Because good squad players are supposed to be able to come in and make the loss of a regular starter hardly be noticeable. He doesn't do that. He just highlighted how much better Gana is.

If it's true that we're letting McCarthy go out on loan then I'll be fuming. I'd rather rely on him, after a horrendous leg break, to come in and replace Gana when neccesary than Tom Davies. I'm still trying to work out what the fuck he actually does other than nothing at all.

He was thrown into a game after how long out of the line up, in a tactical clusterfuck and no one able to make a simple pass or bothering to keep the ball. 

Not saying he didn’t have his faults, but I don’t think you can give him a hard time for yesterday 

agree about McCarthy though

2 hours ago, Matt said:

He was thrown into a game after how long out of the line up, in a tactical clusterfuck and no one able to make a simple pass or bothering to keep the ball. 

Not saying he didn’t have his faults, but I don’t think you can give him a hard time for yesterday 

agree about McCarthy though

Matt, I don’t just think Davies was shit yesterday, I just think Davies is shit. Yesterday was just another performance to bring it home for me.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Matt, I don’t just think Davies was shit yesterday, I just think Davies is shit. Yesterday was just another performance to bring it home for me.

Pains me to say it because he's a blue but he hasnt done an awful lot since that display against city - and I'm not sure what his role is on the field. He's not creative enough to be an attacking central player - not defensive  enough to be a holding midfielder - nor physical enough to be a bit of both. Also doesn't have a goal in him.

I underdstand he is young and is still learning his game - but what game is he learning? There are plenty of lads his age that are leaps and bounds ahead of him right now.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Pains me to say it because he's a blue but he hasnt done an awful lot since that display against city - and I'm not sure what his role is on the field. He's not creative enough to be an attacking central player - not defensive  enough to be a holding midfielder - nor physical enough to be a bit of both. Also doesn't have a goal in him.

I underdstand he is young and is still learning his game - but what game is he learning? There are plenty of lads his age that are leaps and bounds ahead of him right now.

I said he should be loaned and I was lampooned for it.  I stand by it.  Get him to a club with a decent manager where he can play weekly and establish his game.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I said he should be loaned and I was lampooned for it.  I stand by it.  Get him to a club with a decent manager where he can play weekly and establish his game.

Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea we just need more depth in centre park first.

The only drama is I can't see him proving himself to an ability where he is good enough to return to fight for a starting place, but who knows!

11 minutes ago, barryj said:

Is this the Gomes thread? 

I was hoping if anyone had an update on his injury? 

" More bad news for Marco Silva might be on the way as he might not be able to field any of his seasoned central midfielders in the match against Burnley. Both Idrissa Gana Gueye (who also missed the game against Tottenham) and Andre Gomes (currently nursing an injury) might not be available for selection for the crucial clash against the Clarets."

From "the4thofficial.net". Although it seems very vague and there is seemingly no other news outlets reporting this.

16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

not for me gylfi was better than him by a country mile in our big win.

Tbf that was the game I didnt see much of. 

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

And Gana was better than him today.

I thought they were both below average albeit not much in it. If you were scouting the game and knew nothing of the players you would still pick Gomes ahead of Gana based on that performance.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Tbf that was the game I didnt see much of. 

I thought they were both below average albeit not much in it. If you were scouting the game and knew nothing of the players you would still pick Gomes ahead of Gana based on that performance.

Every time.

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Not for me, though they do very different jobs so it's not a like for like comparison; Gomes offered absolutely nothing of note that I saw, Gana did (though I'm not suggesting he had a great game).

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Not for me, though they do very different jobs so it's not a like for like comparison; Gomes offered absolutely nothing of note that I saw, Gana did (though I'm not suggesting he had a great game).

What did he do that made him good I never saw it, and I'm not saying Gomes was good either we were completely shit in the middle no one to get us going forward orchestrating taking the game to them, again a complete lack of creativity and football ability from Gana you can't feed off people like him impossible.