IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

11 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I can’t imagine they would ever entertain this. Is Gordon even a better prospect than Gallagher?

This was my thought. Gallagher's only one year older and has shown way more end product than Gordon.

Pulisic isn't a bad shout as he seems to be a fringe player this year

17 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I can’t imagine they would ever entertain this. Is Gordon even a better prospect than Gallagher?

I agree, Gallagher probably worth more than Gordon. They might try and be crafty and try and dump a few on us - Gilmour etc, and maybe sweeten the deal with a Gallagher or Broja loan. I think we should try and bring in Broga on a permanent and he can be proper competition for DCL not simply back up.

10 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This was my thought. Gallagher's only one year older and has shown way more end product than Gordon.

Pulisic isn't a bad shout as he seems to be a fringe player this year

Pulisic is considerably better than Gordon imo, and cost more than the numbers mentioned here. Which is what makes it an odd one from Chelsea unless they are simply that rich where they are fine with him being a fringe player who may or may not ever be a regular contributor.

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I agree, Gallagher probably worth more than Gordon. They might try and be crafty and try and dump a few on us - Gilmour etc, and maybe sweeten the deal with a Gallagher or Broja loan. I think we should try and bring in Broga on a permanent and he can be proper competition for DCL not simply back up.

The idea of sone of those in loan is attractive for us this season. Hard to know what sort of deal is possible.

I truly believe Gordon will become a top player, you have to remember how few games he has played for a dysfunctional Everton side, yet he is being courted by the likes of Chelsea.

If we can get Gallagher plus money then maybe, Gallager is never going to be a Chelsea regular as they have so much talent in midfield..

I think if he goes then we get Jackson from Vilarreal, Gallagher on a permanent and either Borja on loan or that French Striker. then maybe its worthwhile, but selling Gordon will come back to haunt us.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

I truly believe Gordon will become a top player, you have to remember how few games he has played for a dysfunctional Everton side, yet he is being courted by the likes of Chelsea.

If we can get Gallagher plus money then maybe, Gallager is never going to be a Chelsea regular as they have so much talent in midfield..

I think if he goes then we get Jackson from Vilarreal, Gallagher on a permanent and either Borja on loan or that French Striker. then maybe its worthwhile, but selling Gordon will come back to haunt us.

I think you are putting too much value on 'potential' - Gallagher has just as much 'potential' as Gordon. 

I think if it came to a straight out vote, most would swap Gordon for Gallagher for ability.

Passion for putting on a Everton shirt? That's another question.

I don't think a player swap is likely, perhaps someone on loan but anyone under contract at Chelsea has a right to play there and would have to agree a move to Everton. That being said, they can play hardball with their players "you won't play here", etc, but anything beyond a cash sale for gordon is probably too complicated.

As for 50m pounds for Gordon, I'd be for it had we not sold our best player already this summer and weren't short on attacking prowess right now. Replacing Richarlison is tough enough, I worry how we'd look without Gordon.

56 minutes ago, RPG said:

We are not short of wide players. We are short of at least one quality striker and a creative CM. We need to be objective about this. If we lose Gordon but gain Gallagher and Broja in the deal then our team will be much stronger than it is right now.

We only have 3 wide players? I'd say that's a shortage. If we lose Gordon our only wide players would be McNeil and Gray, which is....ooof.

6 hours ago, MC11 said:

If they come back with a £50m bid we have no choice but to sell IMO. 💯 profit. 

As good as he is that’s money we can’t refuse. 

The situation we are in at the moment with FFP cash is king get the cash in first then do our own deals. 
swaps are not great unless it’s us offloading players we need out. 

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think you are putting too much value on 'potential' - Gallagher has just as much 'potential' as Gordon. 

I think if it came to a straight out vote, most would swap Gordon for Gallagher for ability.

Passion for putting on a Everton shirt? That's another question.

In other words let’s not let our hearts rule our heads. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If I was involved in this deal I would give them Gordon and 30-40m in return for Gallagher and Broja, this would nail 2 of our wants in one deal with 2 players who proved themselves in PL, rather than spend the 30m plus on a striker who will be more of a gamble. 

Problem is Gallagher doesn’t want to come here and I’m not sure Broja does. 
take the cash and Barkley 

34 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If I was involved in this deal I would give them Gordon and 30-40m in return for Gallagher and Broja, this would nail 2 of our wants in one deal with 2 players who proved themselves in PL, rather than spend the 30m plus on a striker who will be more of a gamble. 

Absolutely this. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Starting 11

Pickford Patterson Tarkowski Coady Mykolenko Onana Gallagher Iwobi Gray DCL Broja 

That looks a much better team if a player plus money deal can get us Gallagher and Broja. 

Crikey - wouldn't that be something! I can hear the chants already: OGI OGI OGI! (should be oggy, of course, but you get the drift)

Just now, patto said:

Barkley even now gets into this team and has goals in him from midfield on a free he is a no brainer.

We get so many injuries we need a squad and experience at the moment we have 4 injured.

If Ross gets into this team he is stealing a place. We don't know who else we are signing yet.

He then gets the ball dribbles past a player then runs into a dead end and losses possession. Repeat many many times. Or just loot at his performances for us Chelsea or Villa who turned down the chance to sign him 

I’m torn on this one, he’s a bright hope for the future, but he’s been awful so far this season, not helped by playing out of position ( and that’s clearly way out of his depth).

So far he hasn’t shown that he can deliver killer balls in to the box, head the ball, or is that good at shooting, so I would take £50m in a shot, we need to deal with the immediate, and a cash injection to help build a stronger squad would be good.

Sign Borja and Gallagher on loan would be decent business

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

No way. I have been reading this thinking our fans are either crazy or stupid.

Gallagher is 60m+ on his own.

Yeah I can’t believe it either. I think if we sent Gordon to Gordon + £15 million we could maybe get the both of them. 

I don’t believe Gordon’s market value is higher than either of them but his value to us as a club is more than that of Broja or Gallaghers to chelsea ( if that makes sense )