IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I’m torn on this one, he’s a bright hope for the future, but he’s been awful so far this season, not helped by playing out of position ( and that’s clearly way out of his depth).

So far he hasn’t shown that he can deliver killer balls in to the box, head the ball, or is that good at shooting, so I would take £50m in a shot, we need to deal with the immediate, and a cash injection to help build a stronger squad would be good.

Sign Borja and Gallagher on loan would be decent business

Gallagher has already stated that he wants to stay at Chelsea and fight for his place there. 

4 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I’m torn on this one, he’s a bright hope for the future, but he’s been awful so far this season, not helped by playing out of position ( and that’s clearly way out of his depth).

So far he hasn’t shown that he can deliver killer balls in to the box, head the ball, or is that good at shooting, so I would take £50m in a shot, we need to deal with the immediate, and a cash injection to help build a stronger squad would be good.

Sign Borja and Gallagher on loan would be decent business

This is kind of it in a nutshell really... He can beat a man occasionally, he has pace and he works hard. He works really well for us on the counter attack because of those traits. Put him up against a packed and/or organised defence and he loses the ball a lot.

For me there isn't a lot between him and Gray apart from Gray has a better delivery and a better shot on him and I would sell him for that money in an instant.

If anyone is mad enough to offer 40m plus for Gordon we should put emotion and sentimentality aside and bite their hands off. 

If it were Chelsea and we could get Gallagher / Borja then even better.

I love Gordon but you have to be pragmatic everything has a price.

But I reckon this is bullshit, no one is crazy enough to offer 40m for him, except maybe Newcastle.

28 minutes ago, badaids said:

If anyone is mad enough to offer 40m plus for Gordon we should put emotion and sentimentality aside and bite their hands off. 

If it were Chelsea and we could get Gallagher / Borja then even better.

I love Gordon but you have to be pragmatic everything has a price.

But I reckon this is bullshit, no one is crazy enough to offer 40m for him, except maybe Newcastle.

Now you're talking. If only we could bring in one of the Borjas... Alfonse, Rodrigo, Cesare. Would Lucrezia be eligible to play? If VAR ever went against us, there'd be hell to pay.

if anything Chelsea may have mutted a £40M deal -

however £40M is most likely not in £ but in the currency of Gilmour, Batshuayi and Barkley!! and maybe 12months loan of Gallagher or Broja. 

Chelsea get rid of players who are not getting in their team and off the wage bill, get another 12months experience for either Broga or Gallagher and pick up the future prospect that is Gordon. That would be a great deal for them. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Well.....it was probably sixty odd years ago admittedly...and it was my Grandma that said it:unsure:

But it still counts!!

Mark50f.jpg

You and your brother looking like Bros in the early years, now post the Right said Fred picture for a reality check😂

48 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Now you're talking. If only we could bring in one of the Borjas... Alfonse, Rodrigo, Cesare. Would Lucrezia be eligible to play? If VAR ever went against us, there'd be hell to pay.

The back three for Valencia in the 1455-56 season, I believe. Tough as nails. Pipped Real Madrid to the title. Poisoned them before the final game of the season. 

22 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

if anything Chelsea may have mutted a £40M deal -

however £40M is most likely not in £ but in the currency of Gilmour, Batshuayi and Barkley!! and maybe 12months loan of Gallagher or Broja. 

Chelsea get rid of players who are not getting in their team and off the wage bill, get another 12months experience for either Broga or Gallagher and pick up the future prospect that is Gordon. That would be a great deal for them. 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/everton-chelsea-billy-gilmour-transfer-27747111

3 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I doubt Gordon is pushing for the move, however if we get into the £50-£60m territory I'd be happy to sell just as it allows us to reinvest, regardless of the potential Gordon has. 

Would absolutely make me want to cut my bollocks off if Ross Barkley was somehow included in the deal though. 

The only decent player they'd be likely to include in a deal would be Gilmour IMO. Any other players would be the likes of Barkley and Batshuayi.