IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

I mean, he has to know that he will get barely any game time this season if he moves, right? 

I really can't understand why they even want him, it's not a position they need to badly reinforce. It's a number 9 they're crying out for.

Gordon will barely play, said that last night in here.

SSN saying they believe Everton have not received any bids for Gordon.

This is a crazy rumour. If they offer the figures that are being touted…. Then he’s gone, simple as that. 

We’ve just paid for potential, it hasn’t cost us 50m and at 20 Onana is showing much more potential and product after just ten minutes of football.

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

SSN saying they believe Everton have not received any bids for Gordon.

This is a crazy rumour. If they offer the figures that are being touted…. Then he’s gone, simple as that. 

We’ve just paid for potential, it hasn’t cost us 50m and at 20 Onana is showing much more potential and product after just ten minutes of football.

Agreed mate clubs don’t pay 40-50m on potential that’s the sort of money shelled out on the finished article, to say it’s all been fake news in reality make’s much more sense than we’ve been offered 50m on a long shot. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Agreed mate clubs don’t pay 40-50m on potential that’s the sort of money shelled out on the finished article, to say it’s all been fake news in reality make’s much more sense than we’ve been offered 50m on a long shot. 

Yet BBC is saying "Well-placed sources have told BBC Sport a deal could be done in the coming days as personal terms will not be an issue."

Daft really, but boehly looks a bit daft.  I have to think that straight cash infusion would do so much to balance our FFP books that we would have to take it, so long as the Moshead remains committed to opening his pocketbook. 

9 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Yet BBC is saying "Well-placed sources have told BBC Sport a deal could be done in the coming days as personal terms will not be an issue."

Daft really, but boehly looks a bit daft.  I have to think that straight cash infusion would do so much to balance our FFP books that we would have to take it, so long as the Moshead remains committed to opening his pocketbook. 

Like you I would want this to go through 50m would do so much for the club. 

If they really want him, and open with numbers like £42m, and Everton don’t want to sell, then we need to be asking for £60m and if they are willing to pay it then let them. 
They could have had Richarlison for sort of money they are offering for Gordon. I know who I’d rather have. Gordon may take much less wages, but that wouldn’t be an issue for them anyway. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

If they really want him, and open with numbers like £42m, and Everton don’t want to sell, then we need to be asking for £60m and if they are willing to pay it then let them. 
They could have had Richarlison for sort of money they are offering for Gordon. I know who I’d rather have. Gordon may take much less wages, but that wouldn’t be an issue for them anyway. 

I’m not sure about taking much less wages he has an agent who will decide that not Anthony. 

2 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m not sure about taking much less wages he has an agent who will decide that not Anthony. 

Well, no, Anthony would have to decide that. The agent will only negotiate on his behalf. But you can’t seriously think there is any chance Gordon gets wages even close to Richarlison? 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

Well, no, Anthony would have to decide that. The agent will only negotiate on his behalf. But you can’t seriously think there is any chance Gordon gets wages even close to Richarlison? 

It’s all hearsay if he goes he will be on as much as Richarleson. if he stays he will be on big wages no way is he going to be on Tom Davies money. 

19 minutes ago, patto said:

It’s all hearsay if he goes he will be on as much as Richarleson. if he stays he will be on big wages no way is he going to be on Tom Davies money. 

I think any idea of Gordon getting close to what Spurs are paying Richarlison is ridiculous, but I’ll leave you to it. 

Gordon doesn’t deserve to be on much more than Davies yet, he’s only made 50 odd appearances for the first team over a couple of years. Needs to do more before he takes big money. 

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think any idea of Gordon getting close to what Spurs are paying Richarlison is ridiculous, but I’ll leave you to it. 

Gordon doesn’t deserve to be on much more than Davies yet, he’s only made 50 odd appearances for the first team over a couple of years. Needs to do more before he takes big money. 

I thought Gordon had already signed his new contract but I did wonder why it hadn’t been announced he was offered the new contract when Newcastle came in for him. 

2 minutes ago, patto said:

I thought Gordon had already signed his new contract but I did wonder why it hadn’t been announced he was offered the new contract when Newcastle came in for him. 

I don’t believe he has signed it. But he won’t be anywhere near the top earners if he does. Likely (hopefully) it’ll be full of increases based on appearances and performances. 

So Gordon was offered a three year contract three weeks ago and it’s not signed? And his representatives are saying he won’t be signing a new contract as he wants out. 
Has something happened that I’ve missed?

Always thought he was an Evertonian. Unless somethings happened behind the scenes. Come on all you ITKs I want to know!!!!! I want to know now!!!!!

Stamps feet!

6 hours ago, KinL said:

I can understand him wanting to leave last season he was asked to sacrifice his own game for the sake of the team which he did admirably, that was recognised by Lampard and himself in interviews before this season kicked off and this was going to be the season where he would be able to play his own game which he said he was looking forward to. Then low and behold right at the beginning of the season he is being asked to sacrifice himself once again and this time become the central striker, and that has led to him looking like a below average player, then Chelsea come in and talk a good game with him and he’s probably thinking they get me more than here. 

10 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It's the Mirror, hardly the oracle of Delphi in relation to Everton. Would be unlikely to want out as he would not play enough games at Chelsea to develop. 

They could buy him and leave him here on a season loan, or send somewhere else to get more development if they felt this wasn’t the right place to be to help harness his development, there would be many options open to them. 

15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I really can't understand why they even want him, it's not a position they need to badly reinforce. It's a number 9 they're crying out for.

Gordon will barely play, said that last night in here.

It's the Chelsea way though isn't it, transfer policy obviously not changed under new owners.  They've often bought players who have looked good at "lesser" teams in the league after a successful season, sit them on the bench or loan them out for a few years then sell them off again.

From a footballing point of view it surely wouldn't take much for Gordon to see that right now he's much better off at Everton.  He will get regular game time, is considered a key member of the squad and is loved by fans so is afforded errors and sometimes lack of end product that Chelsea having paid 40+ million for him wouldn't appreciate.  If he is good enough then he'll get that Champions League team move soon enough but the experience he will gain from playing every week for Everton is much better than what he'll get as a bit part player in a top team.

If he isn't pushing for the move however and it's just down to an acceptable price then that's different.

I think it would be a shame to lose him, we haven't had a player come through the academy and be a real success for some time and it would be a shame to lose Gordon before he's really done much but has shown great potential and a passion to put the shirt on.  Sadly football comes so much down to finances and if they offer us a good enough deal then we have to take it.

I wouldn't accept less than 50m.

How many quality players will you bring in for 40m, 1 maybe 2.  An extra 10m doesn't change that much but is substantial enough that it covers wages and boosts our financial position generally.

Ross Barkley...NO

He was a frustrating player when he played for us and besides a few glimpses for Villa he's not anything to show he's really improved.  

Has always lacked the intelligence to prove out his potential and I don't see why we'd want to take on a 28 year old in his position.  I'd rather we took on someone coming through with potential than someone that has failed for long to reach it.

5 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Ross Barkley...NO

He was a frustrating player when he played for us and besides a few glimpses for Villa he's not anything to show he's really improved.  

Has always lacked the intelligence to prove out his potential and I don't see why we'd want to take on a 28 year old in his position.  I'd rather we took on someone coming through with potential than someone that has failed for long to reach it.

???  😲

If Gordon wants to go, then we hold all the cards. That's a massive chunk of money for potential, and unfortunately we need to look at short term rather than mid/long term. That money allows us to improve short term (assuming board don't get too involved) so, whilst I was on the fence, it's becoming a no-brainer for me.