IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm getting the same feeling about him that I had about Dowell tbh and I really hope I'm wrong.

I think he needed this loan at the start of the season and then maybe come back to us with confidence (like a new signing) for the 2nd half of the season! This is his first loan - there’s hopefully a long career ahead of him but this could really help shape it.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

I think he needed this loan at the start of the season and then maybe come back to us with confidence (like a new signing) for the 2nd half of the season! This is his first loan - there’s hopefully a long career ahead of him but this could really help shape it.

Like I say, I really hope I'm wrong in getting that feeling about him. I want him to be good and not crap like Dowell, I love players coming through the academy and making it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know how this is going to come across but I watched about 30 minutes of the first half and I was a bit disappointed. I was surprised to flick through the news and see him being raved about. Either I missed his good play or he just stood out in what was a game of shocking quality!

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

I know how this is going to come across but I watched about 30 minutes of the first half and I was a bit disappointed. I was surprised to flick through the news and see him being raved about. Either I missed his good play or he just stood out in what was a game of shocking quality!

Haha have you enjoyed anything recently mate?

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

He could have scored three times and created a few chances for others as well. 

On 26/02/2021 at 00:26, Romey 1878 said:

He could have scored three times and created a few chances for others as well. 

I saw him miss sitter (header) but that was it. I must have just had bad timing.

Some of the reviews I have seen since that game talk about him being a bit of a catalyst for them so he is clearly doing something right!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think he might have a small injury today but generally he seems to be in and out of the side. 

I read a few forums and the general theme was that he was an exciting enough player but given the form they are in he was a bit of a risk and more experienced players have been given the nod over him. 

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

Preston must know we won't loan players to them again if they go back on agreements with us.

They can agree to give a player opportunities, but they can’t guarantee to play him every game. He might not be impressing their manager. The player has to show he can improve a team before getting picked. 
I don’t know if this is the case, but if he’s missing games maybe he isn’t doing enough. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

They can agree to give a player opportunities, but they can’t guarantee to play him every game. He might not be impressing their manager. The player has to show he can improve a team before getting picked. 
I don’t know if this is the case, but if he’s missing games maybe he isn’t doing enough. 

I get that, but all the reports I have read (mostly fan forums) say he was one of their better players. If he was not performing I could understand it.

34 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I get that, but all the reports I have read (mostly fan forums) say he was one of their better players. If he was not performing I could understand it.

Think the manager would drop him if that was the case? Just wouldn’t make sense would it? 

• 2 weeks later...