IGNORED

Ellis Simms

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

Needs a move. Dobbin has overtaken him as next in line, so unfortunately for Simms.. a move is likely the best option. Would like to see him go somewhere and get a good run.

Very different type of player for mine, can't see Dobbin ever leading the line one out.

Rondon should never be getting minutes ahead of Simms.

Agree on the move though, given he's not getting any chances.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Ye different types of players, but I think ability is the key here. Dobbin looks like he has a chance of being a premier league player. Simms I think is destined for championship level. 
Really wanted a big fast centre forward to come through, but the more I see…. The more I realise it’s not going to heppen.

I think people at Everton are of the same opinion.

Hopefully he has a good loan this season, and maybe next season, and then we get smart and get a decent fee for him. That is something we've been terrible at and we must get better at it.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

Ye different types of players, but I think ability is the key here. Dobbin looks like he has a chance of being a premier league player. Simms I think is destined for championship level. 
Really wanted a big fast centre forward to come through, but the more I see…. The more I realise it’s not going to heppen.

For all the hype about Dobbin, I thought he looked very raw. That being said, its hard for the lad as he is trying to impress with every minute he gets.

45 minutes ago, Bailey said:

For all the hype about Dobbin, I thought he looked very raw. That being said, its hard for the lad as he is trying to impress with every minute he gets.

Yes he is very raw at the moment. But I did think his touch seemed there, which is one of the hardest parts of the game to learn. 

Would be great to see more of him in the second half of the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/02/2022 at 10:21, Romey 1878 said:

I very much doubt he'll be a player that we keep around but him doing well out on loan will allow us to make a nice bit of money on him,

Think we may have to review that at the end of the season, I reckon he could save us a few bob and be the main man , with Dobbin , in the Championship

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

A consecutive relegation would be on the horizon. The joy.

I honestly think him and Dobbin could do a job in the Championship , let’s face it we will have no money to spend so giving these lads a chance may be the only option anyway

If/when we go down we need to have a complete reset and get rid of the big earners. If it comes to that I hope we stick with Lampard and build a team that plays the kind of football he wants to play 

We still have some very good kids who should be more than good enough at that level, add in the likes of Welch’s, Branthwaite, Warrington, Onyango, Tyrer, Patterson and if we can keep hold of Anthony Gordon the nucleus of a good young and hungry side is already there

2 hours ago, Bill said:

ffs Duncan, stop talking as though we are already in the lower leagues. We will not be relegated so try looking upwards rather than downwards.

🤣🤣 Can’t win if you look upwards people say stop worrying about the teams above us concentrate on the teams below 

As it happens I think there is more chance of me winning the Euro Millions Lottery ( and I don’t even do it ) than us catching Leeds,Brentford or Newcastle

I haven’t said we are down I said if / when we do go down

So I don’t think sticking my head in the sand and pretending this isn’t happening is going to help to be honest. 

I wish I had your positivity but that is some statement you’ve come out with there and I really really do hope you are right

On 26/03/2022 at 16:25, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We still have some very good kids who should be more than good enough at that level, add in the likes of Welch’s, Branthwaite, Warrington, Onyango, Tyrer, Patterson and if we can keep hold of Anthony Gordon the nucleus of a good young and hungry side is already there

On 26/03/2022 at 16:42, Bill said:

ffs Duncan, stop talking as though we are already in the lower leagues. We will not be relegated so try looking upwards rather than downwards.

On 26/03/2022 at 19:13, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I wish I had your positivity but that is some statement you’ve come out with there and I really really do hope you are right

You’re talking about playing a team of kids in the championship, I think that’s even more positive than Bill! 
Or am I confusing positivity with insanity? I’m not sure 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 02:18, Cornish Steve said:

Simms is tearing it up at Hearts, providing another excellent assist in their latest win.

He should have scored when they were down 1-0 but his run to get in behind 1v1 was excellent, his dinked finish sat the keeper down perfectly but was just wide. He could do a job here.