IGNORED

Ellis Simms

38 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

he’s hit that pure. No spin at all on the ball and for a keeper to get a full extended diving arm on it, it’s not getting saved unless the keeper is seriously strong.

The only way that’s getting saved is if the keeper is in the way with arms in front. 

Fuck me, the need to protect dcl is strong in here isn’t it?

take dcl out the equation….. this lad can hit a football. Trust me. If that was haarland who hit that the reaction would be far different. 

It’s not the projection of Dom Haf. You know full well it’s people offering g a defence to him after he has been brought up in another players AGAIN.

If people don’t want to discuss him, then simply don’t bring his name up in threads that aren’t his 🤷‍♂️ 

I don’t think anyone is playing Simms strike down either. Everyone has commented on it being a great strike. 
But if you look up the other five he has hit similar… your just not going to find them, they didn’t happen. Which is why people are saying they don’t think he is quite ready to be Doms replacement yet.

Simms is doing well over there, but is still only on 3 goals. It’s not like he smashing them in. He has scored the same amount as a very off form Dom has.

Cant we just be happy with have a young lad doing well at his loan for once haha.

12 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I seem to remember I suggested this earlier in the season, but everyone at that point was writing off Simms. I guess he had to prove himself enough to warrant such an idea.

I think he needed a few loans out. At Blackpool he had a stop start loan. Was in and out regularly and never seemed to get going. It’s taken time at Hearts to with him being on the bench for the most part. I’m hoping his last couple of appearances give him an extended run now.

44 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t mate, I just use the same as others do on here and bark back a bit when it seems because Dom isn’t scoring goals he just constantly gets slated on every thread. 
Gomes had a bad game…. Dom had worse! 
Seamus isn’t the same player…. Cares more than Dom though!

Simms scores a goal for Hearts in the Scottish league, wish we had him rather than Dom 🙄 

The reason I comment about the manager knowing more than us is that he likely does. He watches these players train, talks to them, and knows what makes them tick. 

Im gonna go and have a chilled red mate! I’ll say cheers to you buddy 🙂

Shukes…..  why do you keep saying people are going mad cos dom isn’t scoring?

im personally not arsed that he’s not scoring.  I’m arsed that he’s not trying and I’m the last 2 games he had the lowest output of any outfield player on the pitch.

he’s been an absolute disgrace. Watch any fanzine review where they discuss specific passages of play and you will understand why he’s getting pelters. 

his head is not in the game at all.  From where I’m at, if simms was in our squad I would play him, I would play literally anyone over dom at the moment 

18 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Shukes…..  why do you keep saying people are going mad cos dom isn’t scoring?

im personally not arsed that he’s not scoring.  I’m arsed that he’s not trying and I’m the last 2 games he had the lowest output of any outfield player on the pitch.

he’s been an absolute disgrace. Watch any fanzine review where they discuss specific passages of play and you will understand why he’s getting pelters. 

his head is not in the game at all.  From where I’m at, if simms was in our squad I would play him, I would play literally anyone over dom at the moment 

I don’t mate. Think I’ve mentioned it a couple of time at most.

What I have mentioned is that he came of last match shattered as he was working. I also mentioned that he was winning headers against one of the best defensive headers in the premier league.

You can argue as much as you like that he doesn’t care, but how do you know that? He is saying the exact opposite! He is on the pitch trying, but it’s not working. Did you see him on his own battling against Utd and getting battered? I was there and watched it.

I was there when he was double marked for a throw in and lost the ball, and heard the fans sigh. I was also there when the same happened to Richie, and the fans reacted completely different. I was there in the first twenty minutes when Utd ran down our right wing and created chances…. Because it was so easy as Gordon wasn’t even bothering to jog back, but Gordon gets a pass because he works so hard. I watched Dom dispossess their attack on the edge of our penalty area and get fouled…. And waiting for the cheer….

But Dom is the latest scapegoat, so the cheer didn’t come. 

My only issue Haf, is that I don’t think we look subjectively enough. I think 50% fans in stadiums are sheep and will follow that loud guys opinion. 
I even  said myself that Dom didn’t have a good game against Utd, but I at least recognised he was trying. 

Yet still his name needs to be brought up in every thread. You’ll notice something from me Haf….. if he isn’t mentioned in others threads…. I don’t mention his name.

31 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t mate. Think I’ve mentioned it a couple of time at most.

What I have mentioned is that he came of last match shattered as he was working. I also mentioned that he was winning headers against one of the best defensive headers in the premier league.

You can argue as much as you like that he doesn’t care, but how do you know that? He is saying the exact opposite! He is on the pitch trying, but it’s not working. Did you see him on his own battling against Utd and getting battered? I was there and watched it.

I was there when he was double marked for a throw in and lost the ball, and heard the fans sigh. I was also there when the same happened to Richie, and the fans reacted completely different. I was there in the first twenty minutes when Utd ran down our right wing and created chances…. Because it was so easy as Gordon wasn’t even bothering to jog back, but Gordon gets a pass because he works so hard. I watched Dom dispossess their attack on the edge of our penalty area and get fouled…. And waiting for the cheer….

But Dom is the latest scapegoat, so the cheer didn’t come. 

My only issue Haf, is that I don’t think we look subjectively enough. I think 50% fans in stadiums are sheep and will follow that loud guys opinion. 
I even  said myself that Dom didn’t have a good game against Utd, but I at least recognised he was trying. 

Yet still his name needs to be brought up in every thread. You’ll notice something from me Haf….. if he isn’t mentioned in others threads…. I don’t mention his name.

He wasn’t working in the last match. He really wasn’t.  The numbers back that up. 

not sure why he wasn’t working but I’m not the only person on the planet to think this. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

you say “you don’t know that”   Like keepers in the prem keep those efforts out all the time. No keeper is getting to that and if they do it’s save of the season. 

I say you don’t know that because you actually don’t know that. It’s nice to say “no keeper in the world is saving that” but you just don’t know. That’s why I say it. You actually do not know that. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I don’t mate, I just use the same as others do on here and bark back a bit when it seems because Dom isn’t scoring goals he just constantly gets slated on every thread. 
Gomes had a bad game…. Dom had worse! 
Seamus isn’t the same player…. Cares more than Dom though!

Simms scores a goal for Hearts in the Scottish league, wish we had him rather than Dom 🙄 

The reason I comment about the manager knowing more than us is that he likely does. He watches these players train, talks to them, and knows what makes them tick. 

Im gonna go and have a chilled red mate! I’ll say cheers to you buddy 🙂

🍷😎

7 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Really :lol:? It would be a good save if he would have kept it out no doubt, but he's hit it from distance and the goalkeeper has a clear view of it. You'd expect goalkeepers in the elite bracket to deal with that, you wouldn't see that goal scored in the latter stages of the Champions League for example. 

I'll be honest in this discussion I'm straight down the middle. It's a fantastic strike no doubt, and the power he achieves on the ball is quite stunning but whilst I do believe that to be the case I don't think it's the goal of the season strike that some are painting it as, he wouldn't get that much time or space in the Premier League and it's my opinion that Premier League goalkeepers of a good standard (i.e. - playing for the European teams) would be able to deal with that.

In terms of the overall development of Simms, it's only a good thing that he's doing well with Hearts (and has done well with Blackpool). It seems like we might have a decent striker on our hands, who probably isn't ready to fill the gap that DCL would leave should he depart, but could certainly get there.

I agree with this. 

The biggest part that seems to be mostly overlooked which you have touched on is the time and space element. How often do you get the time and space he gets for that goal in the Premier League? Lots of lads who score for fun in the younger age groups can do put the ball in the back of the net when they are under very little pressure. Watch Gordon in the training videos and he finishes for fun. Get him on the pitch and he doesn't. 

I do think its a great strike and it would pose a lot of problems for even the best keepers but I dont see him even getting the shot off in the Prem.

43 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree with this. 

The biggest part that seems to be mostly overlooked which you have touched on is the time and space element. How often do you get the time and space he gets for that goal in the Premier League? Lots of lads who score for fun in the younger age groups can do put the ball in the back of the net when they are under very little pressure. Watch Gordon in the training videos and he finishes for fun. Get him on the pitch and he doesn't. 

I do think its a great strike and it would pose a lot of problems for even the best keepers but I dont see him even getting the shot off in the Prem.

But we aren’t talking about if/how he got the space. We are talking about the quality and accuracy of the strike. 

he clearly wouldn’t get that space in the prem, but the fact is the lad strikes the ball with a natural flow similar to yakubu, Jimmy floyd, shearer. 

to generate that quality of strike on the run is outstanding, most players only tend to get that power running on to a ball coming towards them. 

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Have I missed something? What is Simms distracted by please? Is he getting paid to ask questions outside of football or is he contractually obliged to ask non football questions in a certain way at a certain time? Are the questions he is asking not directly related to his football career?

I hope this isn't a serious post.

• 2 weeks later...

Could  he be the natural finisher we’ve missed this season, when he pulls the the trigger it hits the target with accuracy and power. Frank loves nothing better than working with and improving youngsters who have shown that they possess the natural ability, I really hope he gets some decent opportunities next season. 

Ellis Simms seem to have consistently managed a game to goal ratio of around 1 in 3, so not bad going for a 19 to 21 year old in senior football, especially given new club environment adjustment periods. 

We need to hope is that with the experience and maturity he should have gained playing with senior players in a competitive environment he will be able to step up the next level and get in to Everton's senior squad next season. It would be great to see a young player like Ellis develop under the new coaching regime at the club over the next couple of seasons.