IGNORED

Marco Silva

On 09/05/2019 at 00:24, rubecula said:

once upon a time I wanted big sam to manage the club  yes I was wrong  I also didn't want silva to manage us  after all who in their right mind would want a Watford reject?     I was wrong then too, he may not be the best manager out there but who else would you know we could attract who  could do better or even as well?

I would have stuck with Alladyce over Marco this year. He got 8th last year with a disjointed squad. No reason I can see why he wouldn't have done better with a full preseason and a more balanced team. 

At the moment I'd be aiming for Mourinho. 

Just now, Finn balor said:

Your pretty much anti football then Pete? 😂

Anti possession football. Keeping hold of the ball and doing nothing with it is like we did under Martinez is worse to watch than being defensively solid yet with a plan what to do once you get the ball. 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Anti possession football. Keeping hold of the ball and doing nothing with it is like we did under Martinez is worse to watch than being defensively solid yet with a plan what to do once you get the ball. 

Good point Sam new exactly what to do with the ball once we got it 

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The commentary just said only City have beaten us home and away this season. I’ll take that sort of progress over the drivel and numerous wallopings we took under that dinosaur. 

agreed that is a nice stat.  happy with marco and glad he's staying, i'm hoping for more progress next year.  League Cup would be nice.

Definitely deserves more time. Things could've been a lot different for us this season without that run of bad results, but he managed to turn it around and we finished the season strongly. Very optimistic against the top sides next year. He just needs to figure out how to get results from the teams that sit behind the ball all match looking to nick a goal.

23 minutes ago, nogs said:

The facts are we've gone backwards since Moyes left. Martinez was a massive disappointment after a fabulous first season, Koeman an absolute disaster after a strong second half to his first season. We really need to hope that pattern doesn't continue, otherwise we're facing the start of another cycle, another three, four years away from where we want to be. Top 6/Europe this season could have been another false dawn. Silva has seen the size of the job in hand, he's faced the backlash from the fans when we play shite, he's stuck to his principles and made another pretty bleak season end with some promise. There is serious work to do with the squad as we have nowhere near enough depth in quality, but with the best youth system in the country at present and a DoF who has shown already he can be pretty shrewd about how he deals for top talent, I'm confident Silva will have us make a real tilt at the top 6 next season. 

Top post. This for me 

• 1 month later...

Anyone think we might go 4-3-3 more this season? Especially at home? I’m thinking if gana goes this could be the way we play. Marco when he first came said that’s how he wants to play then changed it maybe because of the personnel he had in the squad. 

Gomes   Gilfi   Delph 

Charley         Leao/kean     Bernard   

Or 

Malcolm           Leao/kean         Charley

all the three forwards versatile. Bernard would have to show more productivity in front of goal though