IGNORED

Marco Silva

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Anyone think we might go 4-3-3 more this season? Especially at home? I’m thinking if gana goes this could be the way we play. Marco when he first came said that’s how he wants to play then changed it maybe because of the personnel he had in the squad. 

Gomes   Gilfi   Delph 

Charley         Leao/kean     Bernard   

Or 

Malcolm           Leao/kean         Charley

all the three forwards versatile. Bernard would have to show more productivity in front of goal though

He’s not changed it. He’s sees the formation we played last season as 433. 

• 1 month later...

If I'm honest I never wanted Marco Silva, but couldn't really think of who I would've wanted instead. Apart from feeling he hadn't done enough at Watford, I found it worrying that we were continuing to pursue a manager who appeared to fall to pieces after having his head turned. But when he got here I gave him my full support and thought 'No matter how he starts, he needs at least 18 months to get things right and put his own players and system in place. Then we can see how things are'

We had a good strong finish to last season, and we've started decent enough this season. But we all know how quickly a situation can turn, how easily the wheels can come off and have everything come crashing down. So I'll wait until the end of the year before I start criticising or praising the guy. By then we should be in a far better position to judge him, the foundation he has laid, the players he's brought in, his system and tactics, and also how we appear to be progressing with him in charge. Hopefully Silva will turn out to be the man to take us to where we want to be, or at least put us on the next level... because we can really do without the Managerial merry-go-round. Including Silva, we've had four Managers in about five years plus two stints by Unsworth. That type of disruption to the Club, players, and staff, just isn't good at all.

16 hours ago, Heath said:

If I'm honest I never wanted Marco Silva, but couldn't really think of who I would've wanted instead. Apart from feeling he hadn't done enough at Watford, I found it worrying that we were continuing to pursue a manager who appeared to fall to pieces after having his head turned. But when he got here I gave him my full support and thought 'No matter how he starts, he needs at least 18 months to get things right and put his own players and system in place. Then we can see how things are'

We had a good strong finish to last season, and we've started decent enough this season. But we all know how quickly a situation can turn, how easily the wheels can come off and have everything come crashing down. So I'll wait until the end of the year before I start criticising or praising the guy. By then we should be in a far better position to judge him, the foundation he has laid, the players he's brought in, his system and tactics, and also how we appear to be progressing with him in charge. Hopefully Silva will turn out to be the man to take us to where we want to be, or at least put us on the next level... because we can really do without the Managerial merry-go-round. Including Silva, we've had four Managers in about five years plus two stints by Unsworth. That type of disruption to the Club, players, and staff, just isn't good at all.

Exactly this. 

17 hours ago, Heath said:

I think the real test will not be this year but next. Would love to get into Europe and I think we will but Silva/Brands have done almost a complete overhaul of our squad over the last couple seasons. The team we have out there is nearly unrecognizable. By next year we should have most everything in place and those guys will have experience with the club. Brands has mentioned he wants to model our approach after some of the big clubs where we are only bringing in 2-3 quality signings during the summer window. That lack of turnover should really help stabilize things and by next August we should have a  talented group with good experience together and be ready to really mount a challenge. I think we are building the right way.

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I think the real test will not be this year but next. Would love to get into Europe and I think we will but Silva/Brands have done almost a complete overhaul of our squad over the last couple seasons. The team we have out there is nearly unrecognizable. By next year we should have most everything in place and those guys will have experience with the club. Brands has mentioned he wants to model our approach after some of the big clubs where we are only bringing in 2-3 quality signings during the summer window. That lack of turnover should really help stabilize things and by next August we should have a  talented group with good experience together and be ready to really mount a challenge. I think we are building the right way.

As much as I agree with you, his test has to be this year simply because of his contract length. 

No.

Look at the players 1st: Back 4 is the back 4. Is this Silvas fault?

Midfield: Lots of change following transfers (late too), need to know each other. Regulars gone mising (Siggy / Schneids), Davies is not going to make it.

Forwards: DCL is not the answer, works hard but does not create, score or allow others to score. Kean is too early to judge.

Still lots of inherited deadwood and problems from prev regime before we can blame Silva

I’m not on the Silva out bandwagon here just to be clear but there does seem to be a lack of any ideas going forward. It’s a very predictable build up and it’s easy to play against as the opposition have so much time to get behind the ball then we don’t have any quality to get through.

Hopefully iwobi and kean improve this.

anyone else also confused with his subs? He does it a lot when we’re getting beat. He just throws the forwards on and we end up playing some 4-2-4 with everyone just getting in each other’s way.

I’m with Bailey on this. The manager picked the right team, it showed for the first 25 minutes. 

After that, it was the players fault. Heads went down, big players disappeared. But we still created enough chances to win the game. We just didn’t have the mentality to get over the line.

I coach U8s and U10s at the moment, and I tell the kids every day that football is about percentages. You have a free kick, simply ail for the far post, if it curls in, its in target, if it doesn’t, it’s in line for a far post header, if it curls too much ,it’s on target for the near post. Simple things that big teams do over and over again. Create havoc by putting the ball in dangerous areas. 

Moat goals aren’t scored by pinpoint passes but by the ball being delivered into dangerous areas. When your not playing well... courage takes over. Is Delph the player to bring that mentality into the team?

7 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I was really encouraged how Marco went 4-4-2 tonight. If thats how he is going  to do it I’m all for that. We lost the game as usual. Sunday league defending  for the first goal. Tottenham as an example would have won the game 4-1 but we will learn . Iwobi, kean looked really sharp

Went 442 but still wasn't direct enough until added time. We needed to bypass the midfield a lot earlier than we did. 

If only for a day we had the chance to go top, but everybody knows if we get too close to the top we suffer from nosebleeds. The same as last season we have a very easy start against teams we should beat but Hey, We are Everton and we never ever do the simple things. Another struggle to get anywhere near the top 6 this time so batten down the hatches it going to be a rough trip. 😢