IGNORED

Marco Silva

On 24/08/2019 at 16:55, Bill said:

I'll love to see the start of a few seasons where we started with Five wins. No chance. 😁 

This wasn't a bad winning start to the 1894/95 Season; typical Everton still managed to come second in the league mind. Also Liverpool were relegated that season (finishing bottom) and we still couldn't beat them at Anfield, drawing 2-2 ffs  😀  

2102143756_ScreenShot2019-08-30at01_43_41.jpg.c5c42f538c0aab5b87526587b4aaae5a.jpg

Hmmm, this Marco Silva thread has taken a strange turn.

Do we want Silva in or out- I cba reading through. Feiw he still needs time and regardless of where we finish this season, next season will be the one he should be judged on because he’ll have had multiple windows. We start the season slow because none of our new first team

players get a full pre season with us- they always come in late. It’s not rocket science.

Complainers are going to complain.  Stat guys will yell about stats.  All I can say is that my personal level of excitement watching the team under the current manager is decent whereas under the previous manager (the one who shall remain nameless) was non existent from his first day til his last.  Can anyone disagree with that?

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Do we want Silva in or out- I cba reading through. Feiw he still needs time and regardless of where we finish this season, next season will be the one he should be judged on because he’ll have had multiple windows. We start the season slow because none of our new first team

players get a full pre season with us- they always come in late. It’s not rocket science.

still stay for me, i like the guy and wanted him here.  i have thought he's done a great job so far.  we were solid at the back last season and had a good couple of runs.  i still think he's the man for the job.  

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

Complainers are going to complain.  Stat guys will yell about stats.  All I can say is that my personal level of excitement watching the team under the current manager is decent whereas under the previous manager (the one who shall remain nameless) was non existent from his first day til his last.  Can anyone disagree with that?

100% with you.

I have enjoyed football again watching his team. Sometimes frustrating, but even the bad games are a world away from the nameless!

It’s a good point about starting slow because of the new signings coming in late again. I like him as a person and the players like him aswell. He has got the defensive situation sorted now and I think the team will continue to evolve now that gana has gone. He and marcel are definitely on the right track as far as recruitment has gone. I look forward to watching us 

We don't know how many of the signings were Brands' work and how many Silva's work (the latter's speaking Portuguese probably helped with the Brazilians, which is great). Either way, Silva is bringing them together as a team. Yes, you're right: That takes time, even though we all tend to be impatient. At the tail end of last season and the beginning of this, our defence was rock solid. In the last couple of games, our offence has become potent - but the defence went to pot! We're still too slow on the build up, although it's improving. Once we gel, I truly think we'll have an exciting team, and hopefully Silva's flair will add that edge to the game.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

We don't know how many of the signings were Brands' work and how many Silva's work (the latter's speaking Portuguese probably helped with the Brazilians, which is great). Either way, Silva is bringing them together as a team. Yes, you're right: That takes time, even though we all tend to be impatient. At the tail end of last season and the beginning of this, our defence was rock solid. In the last couple of games, our offence has become potent - but the defence went to pot! We're still too slow on the build up, although it's improving. Once we gel, I truly think we'll have an exciting team, and hopefully Silva's flair will add that edge to the game.

If only we had a cup competition so that the players could get extra minutes in and speed up the process of perfecting the game plan. They could then start to gel faster and build up confidence and momentum 😜

6 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Can any Watford fan really blame him for leaving? Garcia gets them to a cup final and their best league finish I believe and then gets sacked after five games? Madness 

They sacked him, he didn't leave, I'm amazed they do as well as they do with all the changes, I suppose it looks good on a managers CV, a few months at Watford!

On 09/09/2019 at 04:55, Wiggytop said:

They sacked him, he didn't leave, I'm amazed they do as well as they do with all the changes, I suppose it looks good on a managers CV, a few months at Watford!

It’s not exactly volunteer work either. I’m sure they make a few bob out of it 😉

I’m a fan of Marco but he got it badly wrong today. I know our defensive record has been good recently but a lot of those games where with Keane and Zouma and I feel he’s been left a bit high and dry with regards to his centre backs. Our next three away games I think are Brighton, Burnley and Southampton. If we don’t do well in those games pressure will mount 

I was asking questions before this game so this isn’t an emotional reaction but this seasons start has been poor. We don’t look anywhere closer to the top 6. We’ve scraped two wins out of 5 against teams that should all finish lower than us.

i think Silva’s getting a bit of a free ride at the moment. I see us sloppy defensively and very slow and predictable in the build up. I think we are easy to play against.

20 minutes ago, sydneyneil said:

I was asking questions before this game so this isn’t an emotional reaction but this seasons start has been poor. We don’t look anywhere closer to the top 6. We’ve scraped two wins out of 5 against teams that should all finish lower than us.

i think Silva’s getting a bit of a free ride at the moment. I see us sloppy defensively and very slow and predictable in the build up. I think we are easy to play against.

I totally agree with the last point. When we break we slow it down too much. I’m not counting city or the shite cos that’s unfair but look at Leicester. As soon as possession turns over vardy is gone and the midfielders know where to put it. If I’m a midfielder that wants to find a pass in behind who have we got? Potentially kean but he’s not had a run. I like DCl but i was watching him off the ball and he is pretty static and defenders don’t have to worry about him outside of the 18 yard box. 

If everyone’s happy to keep on finishing 9th, 8th or whatever then fair enough. But this guy ain’t breaking us into the top 6. We’ve spent the money now no excuses. We are showing no improvement. Same formation, same subs....my mate who’s not a blue messaged me this morning and said hes turned two Everton games off so far cos he was so bored....couldn’t have put it better myself. I’m ready for all the back to square one shouts and season in transition and new signings bedding in blah blah blah but for me, Silva ain’t the man and I believe it’s just a matter of time before he is.

He has not done anything in his career to suggest we will progress under him. I said it last season before the mini renaissance when the season was done. We have been well and truly beaten, deservedly so by Villa and Bournemouth. I wouldnt mind if we went to these places and you could see that we are the better team. All we do is have a bit more possession with zero penetration and fans think weve played OK. Truly dull, Martinezesque style football.