IGNORED

Marco Silva

9 minutes ago, Haiku said:

They don't need to know anything. Do you think Mansour knows how to run a club? These stupid Arab cheikhs can't manage a newspaper kiosk if there isn'ttt someone who do it for them.

Exactly it took them what 4-5 years before winning stuff.  Farhad has been here about 3 I think, still too early to tell.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Usmanov doesn’t know shit, he never did anything with arsenal, he is the same as moshiri was there.  Kroenke kept them on the outs and off the board.  he would be learning on the job just like farhad, no difference.

next

Usmanov was on the board Moshiri tried to get on the board for years they wouldn’t have him I wonder why that was not hard to work out really is it, so he comes here because he wants to be involved with a PL club not because he supports us or cares about us he’s in it for the money, like most owners in this league. 

Like I said money doesn’t automatically buy you success when you haven’t got a clue how to work or operate in what ever industry you buy into you end up like us failing, he’s made a catalogue of errors misjudgments and come out with ridiculous statements about players, it’s quite frankly embarrassing the position this club finds its self in since he arrived. 

And let’s not credit him for the stadium it was on the horizon along time before he arrived, and if Kenwright sold to someone else it would be in the same position as a is now. 

54 minutes ago, StevO said:

Any billionaire who’s in football for the money is an idiot, no one makes money owning a football club anymore. It costs them a fortune, unless you own Man Utd and you leverage your assets it’s very very hard to make money and be competitive at the same time. 

I don’t see why you think we are failing Palfy? Yeah haven’t won anything but we aren’t any worse off than we were under Bill. We’re just about the same, but with a bit of muscle in the market. 

Of course they make money some might not see very much until they sell, and some take millions out of the clubs each year as well, they don’t buy for the love of the game they buy for the investment on the basis they can make a club be worth considerably more than they paid for it. And to think Moshiri is here for the love of the club or football in general is ridiculous trust me Steve he’s here to make a lot of money on his investment  

The trouble with him is he thought it would be easy by throwing money at it and it hasn’t worked, why because he doesn’t know what he’s doing he reminds me of the banking sector of 90s and 00s just throw money at people and it will come back in droves, financially the club is technically in a worse position than before he came in it owes millions to him and the banks, the money for Stones Lukaku and others has been literally thrown away about 150 million then he loaned us 100 million whether that all went on players who knows, but we have spent 300 million on players since he arrived god knows what we’ve spent on top of that in managers and football directors.

That’s why we are worse off than before he arrived 350-400 million spent on playing staff and playing the worse football I’ve seen for years and we’re not worse off were the same no way mate it’s a lot worse all the way through the club and going by this season we haven’t hit the bottom of the big hole he’s bought us yet.

Yes the club did need someone to come in but we ended up with a totally clueless dick another Fred the shred he’s responsible for every manager since he arrived, I could go on for ever but I’m boring myself now he as proven to be a calamitous owner and in my opinion we haven’t paid the final price of his fuck ups but to many just see the pound signs and not the performance of what his money has or should I say hasn’t done. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

These billionaires do it for the bravado, for their ego, so they can tell their other rich mates they have a premier league football club to match the yacht. 

To say the club is in a worse financial state is ridiculous, have you read the last two years accounts? We are financially stronger. He put money in, with loans that have no repayment date and no interest. We were paying millions in interest alone for the last twenty years. 

As a businessman surely you can see the difference he has made to how the company is now run? The complete corporate restructure, removing poor performance and bringing in experts in their fields. Yes the on field performance has been poor, he hired the managers, but that’s all he’s guilty of as far as I’m concerned. I know plenty of other shareholders who feel a whole lot more comfortable with what he’s doing than they have for the last two decades of amateurs running the club. People like Denise and Sasha are making a difference, he needs Brands to make the difference on the pitch now. 

But Steve there still debts that have to be repaid when he chooses to call them in, he’s an account mate he knows how to make accounts look good that’s his job, trust me he’s here for the money you paint him as some friendly benefactor of the club he’s not like you said he’s a business man not a football man but his big ego as you pointed out is that he thinks he’s a football man and that’s the reason with all the money we are worse off. 

Who’s the owners he’s having a friendly competition with its not the owners of Arsenal Chelsea Utd or City they are well above his league when it comes to wealth, he couldn’t even get an audience with Kronke.

yes I do own my own businesses and I run them well that’s because I know my industry if I ran my company’s like he’s run this club I would have been bankrupt years ago, you seem to think he’s playing with his own money and the club a free from any of the costs, well it’s all at  the risk of the club the club have loaned the money from him and the banks and sold their best assets to support his fuck up, we are in a far worse position financially. 

And I'm a supporter not a shareholder or a employee I'm someone who has supported this club for nearly 52 years I’ve been a season ticket holder a couple of times now I go to the odd games most away from home than home, and I would like to become a season ticket holder again hopefully in the new stadium, but he has to be the most incompetent owner in the PL and in all my years as a supporter I have never felt as low as I do now about the club and I squarely lay that at his door it’s a complete and utter embarrassment what he’s done since joining shocking truly  abysmal. 

We aren’t in a worse position though Palfy. 

You may feel more despondent and down, but I suggest that’s more to going on, on the pitch rather than off it. And that’s clouding your judgment. 

We can only go on the accountancy sheets submitted. And they say that we are in a healthier position than we have been for a good few years. The club set up is in a much more healthy position also. We have a good structure and this will help us in regards to stadium and expansion. 

Not all businessmen are cold hard ass’s. Some enjoy what they do. Some do it to show they are capable of doing it. Some do it for others. 

Mom not arguing whether or not Moshiri has the acumen to run this club or not, for me the jury is still out. But we ARE in a better position financially than pre Moshiri.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

We aren’t in a worse position though Palfy. 

You may feel more despondent and down, but I suggest that’s more to going on, on the pitch rather than off it. And that’s clouding your judgment. 

We can only go on the accountancy sheets submitted. And they say that we are in a healthier position than we have been for a good few years. The club set up is in a much more healthy position also. We have a good structure and this will help us in regards to stadium and expansion. 

Not all businessmen are cold hard ass’s. Some enjoy what they do. Some do it to show they are capable of doing it. Some do it for others. 

Mom not arguing whether or not Moshiri has the acumen to run this club or not, for me the jury is still out. But we ARE in a better position financially than pre Moshiri.

Ok post the accounts pre Moshiri and now. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

But Steve there still debts that have to be repaid when he chooses to call them in, he’s an account mate he knows how to make accounts look good that’s his job, trust me he’s here for the money you paint him as some friendly benefactor of the club he’s not like you said he’s a business man not a football man but his big ego as you pointed out is that he thinks he’s a football man and that’s the reason with all the money we are worse off. 

Who’s the owners he’s having a friendly competition with its not the owners of Arsenal Chelsea Utd or City they are well above his league when it comes to wealth, he couldn’t even get an audience with Kronke.

yes I do own my own businesses and I run them well that’s because I know my industry if I ran my company’s like he’s run this club I would have been bankrupt years ago, you seem to think he’s playing with his own money and the club a free from any of the costs, well it’s all at  the risk of the club the club have loaned the money from him and the banks and sold their best assets to support his fuck up, we are in a far worse position financially. 

And I'm a supporter not a shareholder or a employee I'm someone who has supported this club for nearly 52 years I’ve been a season ticket holder a couple of times now I go to the odd games most away from home than home, and I would like to become a season ticket holder again hopefully in the new stadium, but he has to be the most incompetent owner in the PL and in all my years as a supporter I have never felt as low as I do now about the club and I squarely lay that at his door it’s a complete and utter embarrassment what he’s done since joining shocking truly  abysmal. 

As a supporter of 34 years, season ticket holder of over ten and a shareholder (I think 16 years but I’m not sure) I’ve seen the club in a much worse state than this, pretty much every year Bill owned the club we were worse off and run with a very low standard of expectation at the top of the club. I’ve seen that all change massively since he’s come in. The risks may be the clubs, but the greater the clubs risk the less his shares are worth, which then puts the risk back on his toes too.

You know I’ll always respect your opinion and you’re fully entitled to it, I just completely disagree with every single point you’ve made. We won’t change each other’s view, so not worth us carrying on the debate. I hope he proves you wrong and I’m sure you’ll be happy about it if he does.

1 minute ago, StevO said:

As a supporter of 34 years, season ticket holder of over ten and a shareholder (I think 16 years but I’m not sure) I’ve seen the club in a much worse state than this, pretty much every year Bill owned the club we were worse off and run with a very low standard of expectation at the top of the club. I’ve seen that all change massively since he’s come in. The risks may be the clubs, but the greater the clubs risk the less his shares are worth, which then puts the risk back on his toes too.

You know I’ll always respect your opinion and you’re fully entitled to it, I just completely disagree with every single point you’ve made. We won’t change each other’s view, so not worth us carrying on the debate. I hope he proves you wrong and I’m sure you’ll be happy about it if he does.

Fully agree and of course it goes with out saying I would be delighted to be proved wrong, and I hope you get a good return on your shares if you ever decide to sell. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Fully agree and of course it goes with out saying I would be delighted to be proved wrong, and I hope you get a good return on your shares if you ever decide to sell. 

Waaaaaay to civil for me. 

Someone throw a punch! 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Can’t sell them really, well, it. I’ve got one share, it was a gift from an auntie who isn’t with us anymore. My Dad has one too. May be a hostile take over one day haha

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

Usmanov was on the board Moshiri tried to get on the board for years they wouldn’t have him I wonder why that was not hard to work out really is it, so he comes here because he wants to be involved with a PL club not because he supports us or cares about us he’s in it for the money, like most owners in this league. 

Like I said money doesn’t automatically buy you success when you haven’t got a clue how to work or operate in what ever industry you buy into you end up like us failing, he’s made a catalogue of errors misjudgments and come out with ridiculous statements about players, it’s quite frankly embarrassing the position this club finds its self in since he arrived. 

And let’s not credit him for the stadium it was on the horizon along time before he arrived, and if Kenwright sold to someone else it would be in the same position as a is now. 

Usmanov has never been on the Board at Arsenal has he?

16 hours ago, Haiku said:

They don't need to know anything. Do you think Mansour knows how to run a club? These stupid Arab cheikhs can't manage a newspaper kiosk if there isn'ttt someone who do it for them.

Don’t know about that, what they have done around Manchester is really  impressive. Bit harsh to call them stupid 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Don’t know about that, what they have done around Manchester is really  impressive. Bit harsh to call them stupid 

I meant they have the right people to do the job and the cheikh is there to provides the funds. I don't think Mansour alone takes important decisions at City. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Just looked and your right he hasn’t been on the board Arsenals set up is or was fairly strange. 

Usmanov has impressive portfolio, just look at all the businesses he started or is/was involved in. Moshiri is just an accountant, I believe Usmanov will know better how to run a club, because let's face it... Being an owner of football club is a business above anything else.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I told you that a few posts back,  he’s the same thing as moshiri.  Give me your next candidate please since he offers no known improvement.

He’s not my candidate for anything you can’t put people forward to buy football clubs it doesn’t work like that, the club gets put up for sale then people who are interested make an offer you don’t go round saying you’ve got to make an offer. 

And why is it that when someone says they don’t think the owner the manager or certain players are right or good enough for the club, the stock reply is who we going to get then as if we should be lucky to have anyone and accept failures because no one who’s any good would possibly want to come to our club, what rubbish that sort believe is that there’s no one better for us than Moshiri or Silva even though there doing so poor. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He’s not my candidate for anything you can’t put people forward to buy football clubs it doesn’t work like that, the club gets put up for sale then people who are interested make an offer you don’t go round saying you’ve got to make an offer. 

And why is it that when someone says they don’t think the owner the manager or certain players are right or good enough for the club, the stock reply is who we going to get then as if we should be lucky to have anyone and accept failures because no one who’s any good would possibly want to come to our club, what rubbish that sort believe is that there’s no one better for us than Moshiri or Silva even though there doing so poor. 

Moshiri has made mistakes in manager appointments, but he has rectified this by appointing Brands giving him control over signings and making him his footballing brain, as well as a seat on the board.

With regards to the running of the club Moshiri has replaced the board with what I can see experts and removed idiots like Elstone. He has progressed our move to a new stadium and funded improvements to Finch Farm.

Moshiri is doing well in my opinion.

Silva as has been discussed ad nauseam, I still believe he needs time, and will be a successful manager for us.

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

But if the club does badly he loses money. So he has to improve us on and off the pitch to make  a profit on his investment. So for me it’s a win win. 

19 hours ago, StevO said:

Any billionaire who’s in football for the money is an idiot, no one makes money owning a football club anymore. It costs them a fortune, unless you own Man Utd and you leverage your assets it’s very very hard to make money and be competitive at the same time. 

I don’t see why you think we are failing Palfy? Yeah haven’t won anything but we aren’t any worse off than we were under Bill. We’re just about the same, but with a bit of muscle in the market. 

Surprised how many people have liked this when it's demonstrably wrong. Just because someone structures a company in the most tax effective way ie to appear as though it's losing money does not mean its cost them anything when the value of it's shares are going through the roof.

This is not just football, CEO's don't give a shit about paying dividends, they just want to grow the business.

7 hours ago, London Blue said:

Moshiri has made mistakes in manager appointments, but he has rectified this by appointing Brands giving him control over signings and making him his footballing brain, as well as a seat on the board.

With regards to the running of the club Moshiri has replaced the board with what I can see experts and removed idiots like Elstone. He has progressed our move to a new stadium and funded improvements to Finch Farm.

Moshiri is doing well in my opinion.

Silva as has been discussed ad nauseam, I still believe he needs time, and will be a successful manager for us.

And the cow 🐄 jumped over the moon 🌓