IGNORED

Site's downtime between 8-10 March

Louis

3 hours ago, Louis said:

My apologies everyone.

I was trying to move the site to a cheaper alternative. It didn't workĀ out how I'd have liked. We will remain with the tried and tested hosts. šŸ‘

Blame StevO.Ā  šŸ˜›Ā 

Louis donā€™t listen to SteveO when it comes to money heā€™s a tight sodšŸ˜‰

I tried to get in touch with as many as I could to direct to my site, a special TTĀ  emergency thread is there for use during any Downtime.

Low and behold my forums page has been wiped clean so its not much use at the moment.

Edit ... Shame we have to suffer the adverts now Louis.

Itā€™s almost like when the coffee machine goes down at work and you can see the sheer panick from everyone.

Ive on holidays in the Phillipines and my missus ( hates football(soccer)) has had to deal with the backlash from the United game, poor girl šŸ˜‚

11 hours ago, StevO said:

The costs are quite a lot of money, everything helps.Ā 

There is always the donate button at the bottom of the page.Ā 

understood, i have donated in the past and will scrounge up some more for the future.Ā  i wasn't knocking the ads or passing judgement, simply just curious.Ā  thanks for answering.

27 minutes ago, StevO said:

Sorry Mark, I didnā€™t mean to come across like I was being a dick.Ā 

Itā€™s just the only two options we have, donations or adverts. The costs of hosting seem to constantly increase.Ā 

Can we ban the dating sites or Iā€™m gonna get caught by the Mrs messaging Olga šŸ˜Ž

On 10/03/2019 at 22:32, Bill said:

I tried to get in touch with as many as I could to direct to my site, a special TTĀ  emergency thread is there for use during any Downtime.

Low and behold my forums page has been wiped clean so its not much use at the moment.

Edit ... Shame we have to suffer the adverts now Louis.

Been playing about with my Forum and its all back to normalĀ i know the stewards dont like me putting the link up but it is for youĀ when TT goes Down.

Ā https://www.bluefootyforum.comĀ  Ā  the stewards can remove if they wish.

On 11/03/2019 at 00:47, markjazzbassist said:

Are the ads how you are paying for the premium site host?

If I remember correctly, it's around $75 a month to host the site. The ad is to help reduce the number of donations needed, which will still be the bulk of funding for the site I imagine (although, only Louis has all that financial info)

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

If I remember correctly, it's around $75 a month to host the site. The ad is to help reduce the number of donations needed, which will still be the bulk of funding for the site I imagine (although, only Louis has all that financial info)

Think I'm right in saying that traffic through the ads gains revenue in itself, so Palf won't actually have to utiliseĀ the services of Olga to make us a few pennies (though I hear she's brilliant....from a friend). So if people just click an ad every so often it'll help a bit.

Always wanted to stay ad-free but it's got to the point now where Louis has had to give in, even though it's only one very unobtrusive ad on the page. I know there are free ways of hosting a basic forum and "too good to be true" cheap ones (like the one we tried to move to at the week-end who said they could do all we needed but couldn't) but those of us who've been around for a long time will remember the days of multiple shut-downs on match days/transfer windows where the site would slow and then grind to a stop. We'd rather not be paying what we do but as with everything in life you get what you pay for (apart from my f'king washing machine but that's another story:mad:) and sticking where we are/were is currently the best option.

All ad clicking and direct donation very welcome, and Olga says she agrees with me!

22 hours ago, StevO said:

Sorry Mark, I didnā€™t mean to come across like I was being a dick.Ā 

Itā€™s just the only two options we have, donations or adverts. The costs of hosting seem to constantly increase.Ā 

More than happy to continue using this site even if that means plastering it with as many ads its needs to keep costs covered.Ā 

Has the site never considered some kind of premium membership? Extra privileges? Even if its just a little tag next to a users name saying that they're a site supporter, or something like that.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:

More than happy to continue using this site even if that means plastering it with as many ads its needs to keep costs covered.Ā 

Has the site never considered some kind of premium membership? Extra privileges? Even if its just a little tag next to a users name saying that they're a site supporter, or something like that.Ā 

Personally (not speaking for Louis or anyone else) I'd be against two tiers of membership;Ā and I think Olga's already fairly booked up after all the publicity so the privileges would be somewhatĀ delayed (form an orderly queue behind Palfy:P).

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Personally (not speaking for Louis or anyone else) I'd be against two tiers of membership;Ā and I think Olga's already fairly booked up after all the publicity so the privileges would be somewhatĀ delayed (form an orderly queue behind Palfy:P).

I just want that extra leverage in an argument that's all!Ā 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

yeah i was going to say the same, i'm a "supporting member" on another forum i frequent and it has very little benefits other than reminding me annually to give the money.Ā  however it is nice because it's basically a scheduled giving if you will.Ā  the donate box on here i rarely see as i don't scroll down that far pretty much ever.

I can understand why Louis has changed servers (money wise),Ā  this one is a lot slower, I have top broadband straight from cable and I can usually switch from one thread to another thread before my finger is off the button.

Now I wait a couple of seconds and the first thing that comes up are the adverts, they always show before the thread loads up.

I will just mention that the sight I have is free and that doesn't come with any adverts, so there are better ones out there Louis if you search for them.

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

I can understand why Louis has changed servers (money wise),Ā  this one is a lot slower, I have top broadband straight from cable and I can usually switch from one thread to another thread before my finger is off the button.

Now I wait a couple of seconds and the first thing that comes up are the adverts, they always show before the thread loads up.

I will just mention that the sight I have is free and that doesn't come with any adverts, so there are better ones out there Louis if you search for them.

Nothing changed so far as I understood, Bill

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Maybe Bill but if he goes with them who's going to pay for his week in Benidorm with the lovely OlgaĀ :lol:

The comment I made wasn't intended to be detrimental to Louis but he did say he tried to go elsewhere but has settled for a cheaper contract which comes with adverts,Ā  it is slower and the adverts are a pain.

I just mentioned that there are good alternatives out there if you search for them Is all.