IGNORED

Site's downtime between 8-10 March

Louis

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

The comment I made wasn't intended to be detrimental to Louis but he did say he tried to go elsewhere but has settled for a cheaper contract which comes with adverts,  it is slower and the adverts are a pain.

I just mentioned that there are good alternatives out there if you search for them Is all.

I don't think anyone thought it was detrimental to anyone Bill, and some of us are having a bit of fun with it God knows we can all do with a laugh even Olga😉

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

The comment I made wasn't intended to be detrimental to Louis but he did say he tried to go elsewhere but has settled for a cheaper contract which comes with adverts,  it is slower and the adverts are a pain.

I just mentioned that there are good alternatives out there if you search for them Is all.

He’s been looking for a while and we tried going to a much cheaper option which cause all the issues. The consensus is to pay more to have less issues. The ad is to stop having to always ask for donations (although, again, they’re always appreciated!) 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

It’s the same provider we’ve been using for a long time, he hasn’t changed it, so I don’t know why it would be slower. 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Its cheaper because of the adverts, pushing out the adverts before it pushes out the thread is why it won't be as good as the original.

I'm just making an observation that's all, it may not affect everybody but it does me.

It’s not cheaper though. It’s the same price as it always was, he’s just made the decision to add an advert himself so that we can keep using the better quality provider. 

On 12/03/2019 at 14:40, Matt said:

If I remember correctly, it's around $75 a month to host the site. The ad is to help reduce the number of donations needed, which will still be the bulk of funding for the site I imagine (although, only Louis has all that financial info)

That's a ridiculous price for hosting, check the pro for $22:99 unlimited storage, unlimited pages, 25 email addresses, and password protection to the admins secret room, and no adverts. 

Starter
Great for Basic Sites

AS LOW AS
$ 5 .99/MONTH
Enhanced
Perfect for Businesses

AS LOW AS
$ 12 .99/MONTH
Pro
Ideal for Online Stores

AS LOW AS
$ 22 .99/MONTH
Custom Domain Name Custom Domain Name Custom Domain Name
Unlimited Pages Unlimited Pages Unlimited Pages
Webs Branding Removed Webs Branding Removed Webs Branding Removed
Password Protected Pages Password Protected Pages Password Protected Pages
Mobile Website Mobile Website Mobile Website
Basic Statistics Advanced Statistics Advanced Statistics
1GB Storage 5GB Storage Unlimited Storage
Web Store Items 20 Web Store Items Unlimited Web Store Items
Premium Themes Premium Themes Premium Themes
Custom Email Addresses 3 Custom Email Addresses 25 Custom Email Addresses
Search Engine Submission Search Engine Submission Search Engine Submission
SEO Booster SEO Booster SEO Booster
Email Support Email + Live Chat Support Email + Live Chat + Phone Support

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's a ridiculous price for hosting, check the pro for $22:99 unlimited storage, unlimited pages, 25 email addresses, and password protection to the admins secret room, and no adverts. 

Problem was transferring the existing site as I understand it Bill, that's all well and good for a start-up but getting them to accommodate fifteen odd years of stuff just wouldn't work.

Louis tried, didn't work; sure he could do no more (or he would have done).

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Fair enough, can't say I didn't try. .😐

Appreciate the efforts mate :) 

as Steve, cost is linked to the users. I have the same issue with a Teamspeak I setup, costs are all linked to how many we can have online at once. We rarely get to the limit, but i pay a little more to make sure no one gets blocked. 

@Louis, I would maybe look at the signup process to reduce any spammers taking up a slot? We’ve had a lot less recently but there’s the occasional one that slips through. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Yup there was an issue earlier, sorted now though obviously.

When I log on using iphone I'm getting a warning which I never had before today that it's an unsecured site, has something happened today that could be a security risk for people login in on devices that may hold sensitive information.

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

When I log on using iphone I'm getting a warning which I never had before today that it's an unsecured site, has something happened today that could be a security risk for people login in on devices that may hold sensitive information.

Did you update the software on your iPhone Palfy? Mine has done that on a lot of sites since the update a few days ago. 

49 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Fair enough- if that’s what it takes then I can live with it. If I have to look at that ugly woman with the bug fat arse with the caption “ find your black woman now” caption once more though I may have to stab my eyes out with a fork.

Just to clear up- her colour has nothing to do with it - the fact she looks like an bloated ex crackhead with an arse like the back end of the 55 bus is the issue.