IGNORED

Jonas Lössl

I'm surprised that there isn'ttt already a thread for this lad as according to some sources this is all but confirmed. According to one outlet he had a medical this Friday and is set to sign for us this week, Huddersfield have confirmed his exit after relegation and he's available to sign on a free transfer. 

I'd expect João Virginia to be loaned out, back home in Portugal or in the lower leagues with Stekelenburg either hanging up his boots or settling for a final season as third choice.

With Lossl being 6'5 it certainly gives us another option with the "small" Jordan Pickford as our current 'keeper! Considering it's a free and it's for the bench I don't think we can complain, he came highly rated to Huddersfield and I think their problems ran much deeper than who stood in goal. 

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Marco doesn’t play the second keeper in cup matches so this guy is just for injury cover, I’m fine with that.

He does - he (Silva) said he didn’t this season (in the FA Cup) as we were on such a bad run and didn’t feel it would have been the correct choice.

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

Would assume this means that Stek is off and Virginia will be on loan.

I assume Stek is off but nearly all squads name 3 keepers, no? I’d rather Virginia gets a loan but then we’d need a 3rd keeper. Or, he’s off on loan and we keep Stek for a season and he sees out his contract 

I’ve actually got no issue with this at all. I think he’s proven to be a decent keeper with Huddersfield in the prem. Their first season he was actually very good. Low wage, fills the void until Virgina is ready and if it allows him a loan to a championship team or similar to play first team then even better. 

2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Shrewd bit of business I think,  couple of seasons prem experience, albeit with a shit defence in front of him, 30 and  an international, bit like getting Heaton on a free, probably worth 10-15m on a transfer 

Bingo. He could not play a game this season and we could still profit a minimum of 5m off him next summer if he wants to leave. 

13 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Shrewd bit of business I think,  couple of seasons prem experience, albeit with a shit defence in front of him, 30 and  an international, bit like getting Heaton on a free, probably worth 10-15m on a transfer 

I'd happily have Heaton here if the fee is reasonable and we cash in on Pickford. Think he's slightly better than Pickford, but Pickford has more potential/scope to improve