IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

• 3 weeks later...

If it's true, he's only going to be effective if we play him alongside another striker, not as a lone striker.

I'd take him on a loan I still think he has plenty of goals in him, I'm not sure if a player like Velios would suite playing alongside him & Saha is to similar for me maybe Straq would be a good foil

I'd take him on a loan I still think he has plenty of goals in him, I'm not sure if a player like Velios would suite playing alongside him & Saha is to similar for me maybe Straq would be a good foil

Perfect partner for saha. Saha drops deep and likes to come for the ball, Defoe gets beyond defenders and most importantly (for us) looks to shoot at every opportunity.

Perfect partner for saha. Saha drops deep and likes to come for the ball, Defoe gets beyond defenders and most importantly (for us) looks to shoot at every opportunity.

I just can't see them working together not sure why I just think they are both to similar movement wise.I think Defoe would work better with a hold up type player who drags players away from him like Crouch did in his first season or two there

i think saha can and does drag players away..i have no issues with his style of play if i'm honest..just the fact he's a lone strike rthen it doesn't work playin little passes and goin out to the wing..cos he is meant to be the one in the box...a player like defoe would be in the middle whenever he got a chance

i think saha can and does drag players away..i have no issues with his style of play if i'm honest..just the fact he's a lone strike rthen it doesn't work playin little passes and goin out to the wing..cos he is meant to be the one in the box...a player like defoe would be in the middle whenever he got a chance

No issues with his play apart from him being shite of late but that's another debate.I think as you say He's more of a box player as is Defoe that's more or less what I was trying to get at.I may just be way of the mark but it just doesn't really work for me maybe a few years ago when both had more in the tank.

No issues with his play apart from him being shite of late but that's another debate.I think as you say He's more of a box player as is Defoe that's more or less what I was trying to get at.I may just be way of the mark but it just doesn't really work for me maybe a few years ago when both had more in the tank.

No, I think the point we're both trying to make is Everton need a box player - Saha is not, Defoe is. Saha is doing a lot of good in build up etc. but he's not doing what we need e.g getting in the box for these crosses/ running beyond defenders and as he's playing as a lone striker we're ending up with lots of possession but no end product mainly due to there not being a defoe type player there in the position to get the attempt on goal. Saha and Cahill are what I would class as 'forwards'... Defoe is definitely a 'striker'.

No, I think the point we're both trying to make is Everton need a box player - Saha is not, Defoe is. Saha is doing a lot of good in build up etc. but he's not doing what we need e.g getting in the box for these crosses/ running beyond defenders and as he's playing as a lone striker we're ending up with lots of possession but no end product mainly due to there not being a defoe type player there in the position to get the attempt on goal. Saha and Cahill are what I would class as 'forwards'... Defoe is definitely a 'striker'.

True, I can see your point mate it's hard to say in regards to Saha because He is and always has been a box player for me but here in the last season or two has been unable to do so due to our circumstances and has been playing as you say.All speculation anyhow but I'd take him on in a flash if true, anyone know what his wages are at the Spuds?

Spot on, on tonight's evidence anyway!!! (sadly).

not convinced we played 442. I know we had 2 strikers on pitch (Saha is apparently a striker) but it was more 4411 with Straq knocking the ball on to Sahas shadow...

Which two of our injured midfielders would you have played instead?

I wouldve put Barkley on instead of Neville or even given Bily a chance in the middle.

With Jags now out and Moyes looking for cover, surely we should be looking to sign Onouha? Premier league experience, can play all across the back and fairly cheap. Seems like a no brainer if the player himself is interested.

Edited by Bailey

With Jags now out and Moyes looking for cover, surely we should be looking to sign Onouha? Premier league experience, can play all across the back and fairly cheap. Seems like a no brainer if the player himself is interested.

Agreed and at the reported 2.5m this would be a great deal, he could then become our first choice RB once Jags is back.

would he not have to prove himself first,a loan first for me,he always looks overweight to me strange no one else has tried to sign him.

I think they tried to in the summer, but I think Man City were reluctant to let him go until they got someone else in or because they didnt want anyone decent to have him and any deal fell through. I am sure Bluesky will know if has a look at this thread.

It certainly wouldnt hurt to get him on a loan to buy deal.

Ravel Morrison anyone? Out of contract in the summer and doesn't look like signing another one, reportedly available for around 300k (the fee UTD would expect to get at tribunal), several parties interested, could we be one of them? Often referred to as potentially one of the greatest talents of his generation but has been in abit of bother with the police, described as "a supremely gifted talent: a skilful, creative midfielder capable of scoring and making goals" on the club website. He can play in wide positions, in the centre of the park, or just behind the main striker.

Ravel Morrison anyone? Out of contract in the summer and doesn't look like signing another one, reportedly available for around 300k (the fee UTD would expect to get at tribunal), several parties interested, could we be one of them? Often referred to as potentially one of the greatest talents of his generation but has been in abit of bother with the police, described as "a supremely gifted talent: a skilful, creative midfielder capable of scoring and making goals" on the club website. He can play in wide positions, in the centre of the park, or just behind the main striker.

Definitely! He's bit of an a***hole by all accounts but he is only young and has undoubted talent.

A midfield of Felli, Rodwell, Barkley & Morrison could be terrifying in a few years!!!