IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Nacer Chadli, he'll do nicely. Right age, quick, good feet, can take a set-piece too.

Had to google him then, recognised the name, but was thinking if the small stocky strikers for one of the Russian clubs in the Europa.

They squeezed Fulham for over £10 mil for Ruiz, how much would Chadli go for, £6?

Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro Nesta, Clarence Seedorf, Flavio Roma, Mark van Bommel, Gianluca Zambrotta, Mathieu Flamini, Gennaro Gattuso and Mario Yepes will all be up for grabs at the end of the season according to AC Milan News on twitter. Would be happy with any one of these apart from perhaps Inzaghi or Gattuso. (Although an everton shirt with Inzaghi on the back would be cool, but I would have prefered to have it 10 years ago)

Seedorf and van Bommel would be nice. Not a long term investment but Seedorf would absolutely be a good replacement for Pienaar for one season. Imagine Felli and van Bommel together! No one would want to meet that midfield.

Hence not long term and for 1 season. If they are good enough to play for Milan in the quarterfinals of CL then they are good enough for us. Lets face it.

I'd rather give one of our own a place in the side or on the bench ahead of every single one of them who would be here on massive wages not really contributing anything. Other than Merseyside doing a roaring trade in zimmer frames.

flamini is only 28...you callin that old? what the fuck is mike if that is laugh.png

No, but we have zero chance of ever signing him, and if we did I really don't think he's worth the wages we'd have to fork out. Also, while 28 isn't exactly old we do need to be looking at players who are younger than that seeing as we're surviving on being able to sell players for big money.

No, but we have zero chance of ever signing him, and if we did I really don't think he's worth the wages we'd have to fork out. Also, while 28 isn't exactly old we do need to be looking at players who are younger than that seeing as we're surviving on being able to sell players for big money.

1st name I can think of is McCarthy, he'd be expensive but we would make money on him, or Diame as he's free.

Bookies seem to think he might come to us....Stoke the other favourites....

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/michael-owen-specials/club-after-summer-transfer-window

Wouldn't surprise me one bit and to be totally honest for free on a short term deal maybe it wouldn't be such a bad move. Not something I'm going to get excited about but I'd see the logic if Moyes was to get him in early and gave him the pre-season.

Although Owen wouldn't surprise me, I don't think we'll go for him - I genuinely think we'll sign Pienaar, Naismith and Dempsey with Drenthe/Straq not being signed and players like Mucha, McFadden, Yobo leaving and I actually can see Big Vic fetching us a few million - don't think baines, felli or johnny will go unless huge, huge bids come in. I also think we'll see Donovan on a perm deal come Christmas with his contract up at Galaxy/MLS in Nov.

leggit.gif

Although Owen wouldn't surprise me, I don't think we'll go for him - I genuinely think we'll sign Pienaar, Naismith and Dempsey with Drenthe/Straq not being signed and players like Mucha, McFadden, Yobo leaving and I actually can see Big Vic fetching us a few million - don't think baines, felli or johnny will go unless huge, huge bids come in. I also think we'll see Donovan on a perm deal come Christmas with his contract up at Galaxy/MLS in Nov.

leggit.gif

I thought Donovan has another year left on his contract after this year?