IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

He's always had his hands tied though and when he has had money he's spent it wisely without needing to buy wingers - his one big boo boo in my opinion was signing Bily as a winger when he could have potentially had Adam Johnson for cheaper but he's since sold Bily and used the money to sign Jelavic and Gibson.

Moyes signed VDM who we all got excited about... and to be fair Drenthe who he treated like any other player who he's managed new to the league. Rumours were we wanted N'Zogbia and I think we did.

I'm not actually sure there are that many wingers available - discard the nani's, young's, malouda's and even downing's as we can't afford these... give me a pienaar type player (like we had with him and Arteta - unlucky with injuries!) any day. Write me a list of wingers who could be available to us who Moyes wouldn't want and I may downgrade you to a cun...

He's always had his hands tied though and when he has had money he's spent it wisely without needing to buy wingers - his one big boo boo in my opinion was signing Bily as a winger when he could have potentially had Adam Johnson for cheaper but he's since sold Bily and used the money to sign Jelavic and Gibson.

Moyes signed VDM who we all got excited about... and to be fair Drenthe who he treated like any other player who he's managed new to the league. Rumours were we wanted N'Zogbia and I think we did.

I'm not actually sure there are that many wingers available - discard the nani's, young's, malouda's and even downing's as we can't afford these... give me a pienaar type player (like we had with him and Arteta - unlucky with injuries!) any day. Write me a list of wingers who could be available to us who Moyes wouldn't want and I may downgrade you to a cun...

Haha

I wouldnt know who we could get now, but previous windows:

Ben Arfa £5 mil

Piatti £6 mil

Sessegon £6 mil

Elm £3 mil

Jennings < £1 mil

Holtby £3 mil

Hleb free

Moses £2.5 mil

Valencia £2 mil

Simoa ?

Quaresma free/£5 mil

Petrov free

Duff £3.5 mil

Elia £200k (when first scouted)

I think we dodged a bullet with N'Zogbia, Johnson would have been decent though. Think we had been linked to most of these, not all great but think they would have been a better option than the likes of Coleman or at least given Osman/Arteta more time in the middle.

So Moyes didn't want any of these?

Of course he did - some very good players but they cost money which we didn't/don't have!!!

Final challenge (as you failed your 1st)... Substitue Moyes signings for above players when we've had money and these players have actually been available - you can't use Johnson over Bily as I've done that one!

I wonder if Man City fans are angry with Mancini for selling a proper winger like Shaun Wright-Phillips and using central midfielders like David Silva and Samir Nasri in the wide positions?

Spot on! Old fashioned wingers are perfect for counter attacking teams e.g. Man utd and spurs - both teams have an abundance of pace. We don't have great pace throughout our team so we need these pienaar's, arteta's - 'centre midfielders' to help us keep sustained possession in attacking areas. Barca haven't done too badly either in the past with villa (a striker) on one wing and iniesta (a centre mid) in the other!

So Moyes didn't want any of these?

Of course he did - some very good players but they cost money which we didn't/don't have!!!

Final challenge (as you failed your 1st)... Substitue Moyes signings for above players when we've had money and these players have actually been available - you can't use Johnson over Bily as I've done that one!

could have sold Jags 2 years ago for £12 mil and bought Sessegon, Ben Arfa and Jennings. could have bought Holtby instead of a few kids. Valencia was on loan from 2006 and they didnt buy him till 2008 sure there was enough time to raise some funds. Hleb, Petrov, and Queresma all free.

I wonder if Man City fans are angry with Mancini for selling a proper winger like Shaun Wright-Phillips and using central midfielders like David Silva and Samir Nasri in the wide positions?

SWP is only a prem footballer cos of his dad, championship sub at best. Said before he went to Chelsea, worst deal in prem history.

could have sold Jags 2 years ago for £12 mil and bought Sessegon, Ben Arfa and Jennings. could have bought Holtby instead of a few kids. Valencia was on loan from 2006 and they didnt buy him till 2008 sure there was enough time to raise some funds. Hleb, Petrov, and Queresma all free.

Oh bless your little naive cottons! This isn't champ manager!

We could have signed Peter Schmeichal for 510k in 1991, but we didn't, and hindsight is a wonderful thing. All in all I think we should be pretty impressed with Moyes signings, especially when you look across the park and see the shower of shite our neighbours spent 100million on last year

I wasn't aware we had the opportunity to get Schmichael at the time, that's news to me. And he went on to be one of the best captures of the 1990s and beyond, United got a steal for the half million they paid for him from Brondby or wherever it was back then.

They did spent some shit for sure and a lot of money but at least there was some end product from it, lot of wasted cash up there, Carroll was madness for what they paid as were some others but above all else there was some end of season 'success' for them, but spending all that they did they should have walked away with a greater prize than the crap they were only able to get hold of by way of the League Cup. Haven't always been impressed with Moyes signings either, Beattie, Johnson etc. OK they were only a snip paid compared with the prices of LFC last season but above all else they simply didn't perform and were major disappointments for me. Moyes hasn't done a bad job (new acquisitions) for the most part, however I feel personally, I'll give him that.

Kinda' breaking the rules here because I have got this from one of the links I clicked on when looking at the proposed move for Grant Holt. It seems that Steven Fletcher is keen on a move to Goodison (although I can't find anything more on Google). I didn't want to start a new thread due to a lack of resources and due to the fact that I doubt it will happen.

Anyway, the extract I read;

And Holt certainly fits the bill as a goal-scoring orthodox centre-forward capable of leading the line, particularly with Wolves frontman and Sunderland target Steven Fletcher thought to be keen on a move to Everton.

Julian Faubert on a free? Would love him at Rigt back.

Faubert would be a decent shout in my opinion although I would like to see Coleman develop more into the flying fullback role as opposed to winger (which he really isn't).

Always liked him - have they released him as his wages are too high or something else? Right back/mid - decent player but he's struggled with his fitness for the last couple of years I think.

These are all Bosmans this summer. Any interesting names? (free is always good.)

Athletic Club

Koikili Lertxundi

Aitor Ocio

Igor Gabilondo

Gaizka Toquero

Ibai Gomez

Atlético Madrid

Antonio Lopez

Luis Perea

Real Betis

Miki Roque

José Isidoro

Nacho Perez

Iriney Santos

Juanma

Espanyol

Kiko Casilla

Ernesto Galan

Cristian Gomez

Walter Pandiani

Thievy Bifouma

Getafe

Jaime Gavilan

Pedro Rios

Granada

José Juan Figueras

Diego Mainz

Inigo Lopez

Dani Benítez

Abel Gomez

Alex Geijo

Levante

Nano

Asier Del Horno

Javi Venta

Javier Farinos

Juanlu

Valdo

Rafa Jorda

Ruben Suarez

Málaga

Javier Malagueno

Heider Rosario

Enzo Maresca

Mallorca

Pablo Caceres

Nunes

Marti Crespi

Pau Cendros

Pedro Bigas

Gonzalo Castro

Josep Lluis Marti

Osasuna

Ricardo

Roversio Rodrigues

Sergio Fernandez

Patxi Punal

Javier Calleja

Raul Garcia

Racing Santander

Mario Fernandez

Jose Picon

Osmar Barba

Bernardo Espinosa

Gonzalo Colsa

Pedro Munitis

Kennedy Bakircioglü

Julian Luque

Adrian González

Jairo

Edu Bedia

Christian Stuani

Mamadou Koné

Rayo Vallecano

David Cobeno

Daniel Gimenez

Tito

José Manuel Casado

Alejandro Arribas

Raul Bravo

Jordi Figueras

Sueliton Pereira

Rafa Garcia

José Movilla

Michel

Piti

Nestor Susaeta

Javi Fuego

Raul Tamudo

Koke

Andrija Delibasic

Real Sociedad

Enaut Zubikarai

Mikel Aranburu

Sevilla

Andres Palop

Emiliano Armenteros

Tom De Mul

Sporting Gijon

André Castro

Alberto Rivera

Ivan Hernandez

Nacho Novo

Valencia

Cristiano Pereira

Bruno Saltor

Hedwiges Maduro

Angel Dealbert

Miguel

David Albelda

Villarreal

César Sanchez

Diego Marino

Angel Lopez

Mario Gaspar

Marcos Senna

Gerard Bordas

Real Zaragoza

Leo Franco

Javier Paredes

Antonio Tomas

Leonardo Ponzio

'David Moyes has a good record of getting the best out of players that didn’t quite cut it at teams like Chelsea and Manchester United.'

Who was the last Chelsea player we took on? As we havent been able to compete wage wise for there cast offs since Abramavich took over. Only now since the huge TV deal could we even entertain taking/paying a fringe player from them.

Seedorf. I absolutely love the guy, think he's a brilliant footballer and would love to see Seedorf in an Everton shirt.

PLayed his last game for Milan and looking for a club. Never played in England but watching and listening to what he said after the Socceraid game yesterday, i think he'd want to, just once.

Seedorf may be another CM but he could be a quality addition...

'David Moyes has a good record of getting the best out of players that didn’t quite cut it at teams like Chelsea and Manchester United.'

Who was the last Chelsea player we took on? As we havent been able to compete wage wise for there cast offs since Abramavich took over. Only now since the huge TV deal could we even entertain taking/paying a fringe player from them.

i can't remember anyone from chelsea...possibly meant the likes of chelsea and man utd

Seedorf. I absolutely love the guy, think he's a brilliant footballer and would love to see Seedorf in an Everton shirt.

PLayed his last game for Milan and looking for a club. Never played in England but watching and listening to what he said after the Socceraid game yesterday, i think he'd want to, just once.

Seedorf may be another CM but he could be a quality addition...

i don't get shirt names but i'd love an everton shirt with seedorf on it