Jump to content

Rumours without a Link


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, c1982 said:

If we’re getting rid of Bolasie, Kenny, Tosun, Bernard, Lossl and maybe even Delph - albeit maybe only on loan, I expect we’ll be seeing at least one loan coming in. That’s a lot of wages freed up - we’re either in financial ruin (which I don’t think we are) or we’re freeing up space for a couple of incomings (on-loan).

This is the thinking I'm clinging to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We should be all over this, get him in the holding roll to free up Allan and Doucoure and give Gbamin the time he needs to ease back in slowly 

 

 

Absolutely.

Even just all 3 Doucoure, Allan and Gueye buzzing around would be great. 
 

Really hope we are looking into this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Gueye played Doucoure's position when he was here. Just not very well.

Must have been shit at it for PSG to sign him! Honestly, I couldn’t imagine an midfield with more energy than Doucoure, Allan and Gueye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Btay said:

Must have been shit at it for PSG to sign him! Honestly, I couldn’t imagine an midfield with more energy than Doucoure, Allan and Gueye.

Maybe that's the reason they want rid of him...

After watching Doucoure I find it hard to believe anyone would want Gueye back. He's exactly the type of player we needed rid off. Gylfi is next on the list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Must have been shit at it for PSG to sign him! Honestly, I couldn’t imagine an midfield with more energy than Doucoure, Allan and Gueye.

Doucoure and Allan have ability with their energy something Gona never had and never will. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Maybe that's the reason they want rid of him...

After watching Doucoure I find it hard to believe anyone would want Gueye back. He's exactly the type of player we needed rid off. Gylfi is next on the list.

 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Doucoure and Allan have ability with their energy something Gona never had and never will. 

Respect your opinions fellas but I can’t agree. I’d have him a midfield 3 in a heartbeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Southampton and Bournemouth looking at swap deal... Long for King.

I used to hate Long, but I do think he'd do a reasonable job as back up for DCL. He's just a pest and doesn't give defenders a minute.

 

I'm aware he's not a worldie, but he'd at least graft and offer something in terms of workrate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone been watching him for PSG?

And a couple on here think of him as a sitting midfielder haha. It’s been an excellent move for him, he looks to have more freedom there and it’s showing in his performances. He’s even improved since leaving us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Has anyone been watching him for PSG?

And a couple on here think of him as a sitting midfielder haha. It’s been an excellent move for him, he looks to have more freedom there and it’s showing in his performances. He’s even improved since leaving us.

He had freedom here but he only ever did it once, against Cardiff reserves in the 90th minute. That's about the level of the rest of the French league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He’s even improved since leaving us.

Fuck me he couldn’t of gotten any worse, he’s playing in a league somewhere between division one and the championship. 
It will be interesting to see how much game time he gets with Poch in charge, not a lot is my guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

How anyone could watch Davies, Gomes Or Gylfi in our midfield this season and not think Gana would have been a huge upgrade is totally beyond comprehension for me 

Does it really matter? He's not our player anymore. I would take Barkley over any of them but that doesn't change anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

No rumours matter in the grand scheme of things but it would be pretty quiet in here if we can’t discuss them 🤷🏻‍♂️

To be fair, that’d be welcome a lot of the time...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

One to keep an eye on this summer is Jerome Boateng. Free agent and played for Carlo at Bayern. No opinion on the player just saying the journos will eventually connect dots and we will be linked. Only Brands and co. will know if it's genuine interest.

Wouldn't be unhappy with being linked to him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

One to keep an eye on this summer is Jerome Boateng. Free agent and played for Carlo at Bayern. No opinion on the player just saying the journos will eventually connect dots and we will be linked. Only Brands and co. will know if it's genuine interest.

I once saw his brother on an elephant ride in Thailand. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I am starting this rumour... Matheus Periera anyone? 

I liked the little I saw of him last season and he is their one player of quality. 

The only question I would have is whether he fits in as I think he is best through the middle and we don't really need that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Talk of Rueben Neves being available for around £35m from Wolves, would love him here

Same. And apparently Aouar from Lyon available for €25-30m, would be over the moon with either coming here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Talk of Rueben Neves being available for around £35m from Wolves, would love him here

Absolutely! They would have got a lot more than that for him a while back. I’d love him in our team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Talk of Rueben Neves being available for around £35m from Wolves, would love him here

So would I always highly rated him, last season looked like he was in the sights of Man City. A steal at that price. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

My bad, he can also float the ball across the pitch. A definite yes for £35m+ now :lol:.

Two good feet, can pick a pass , has an eye for a goal and can go box to box . Basically everything our midfield can’t do and he has been virtually an ever present for Wolves ever since he signed so tends to stay fit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My two pennies worth is that he is a bit too much like Allan in what I would want him to do in this team. You wouldn't want a midfield with the two of them together too often. 

There are surely better ways for us to spend that money than on a type of player we purchased only last summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

My two pennies worth is that he is a bit too much like Allan in what I would want him to do in this team. You wouldn't want a midfield with the two of them together too often. 

There are surely better ways for us to spend that money than on a type of player we purchased only last summer.

Neves isn’t a ball winning midfielder? He’s someone who gets on the ball and knocks it’s around, excellent set pieces and chips in with goals. Would compliment Doucoure & Allan nicely but is a steep price. Definite upgrade on Gomes though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Btay said:

Neves isn’t a ball winning midfielder? He’s someone who gets on the ball and knocks it’s around, excellent set pieces and chips in with goals. Would compliment Doucoure & Allan nicely but is a steep price. Definite upgrade on Gomes though

https://www.molineux.news/news/some-wolves-fans-wowed-as-remarkable-ruben-neves-stat-emerges/

When compared to every player in the league he finished 6th in most tackles, 12th in most fouls. He can do more than just win the ball, like Allan can, but we need someone with a bit more quality at that price. We don't need another "knock it around" type players.

He isn't a creative player from what I have seen (1 assist). Sure he can bang one in the back of the net but and that would make him the upgrade on Allan (and being younger) or whoever you wanted to put in that position, but I don't think you would necessarily want both of them in the side together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • MikeO pinned this topic
4 hours ago, DavisJD said:

Ange Postecoglu starting to get a winning brand of football implemented at Celtic after a few weeks.

Still think he is a manager we should be keeping an eye on, once Rafa’s contract has run its course… :P

As an aussie I hope he does well. Plays a nice style of football as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...