IGNORED

Lewis Dobbin

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Sounds like he’ll be leaving next summer like Small though… hasn’t signed his contract and supposedly doesn’t see a clear path to first team at EFC. Perfect opportunity to give him a chance vs Brentford and change that - we don’t have many other options.

I can't blame him tbh.

I understood Rondon getting first dibs because experienced players will always get the first go, but he showed himself to be absolutely useless and Dobbin still only got like 2 minutes or whatever at the end of games. That shows him that he's not trusted or not rated.

I don't even mind if Rondon still continues to start games but start Dobbin with him. That might even help Rondon look a bit better. At the very least if you bring him on off the subs bench give him 15/20 minutes!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Now a loan to Burnley as part of Cornet deal would make good sense for pretty much everybody.

We get a player who will want to come to the Premiership and Burnley get a promising attacking youngster keen to show his worth at the top end of the Championship. 

We also have Broadbent and Simms as young offensive players needing to be either getting in to our first team squad or being loaned out to team fighting at the business end of the Championship or similar level. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, badaids said:

That’s why I’d like to see him at Goodison this season instead. If he can get 12-15 games in the squad.

I think that much time would is very unlikely. It would take injuries to DCL and us bringing in nobody and beating out Rondon. More likely is he gets 4-5 games worth of time. A good loan should be more beneficial than that, particularly as going out into the non-Everton world also has benefits

7 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I think that much time would is very unlikely. It would take injuries to DCL and us bringing in nobody and beating out Rondon. More likely is he gets 4-5 games worth of time. A good loan should be more beneficial than that, particularly as going out into the non-Everton world also has benefits

Plus he is not a striker.  So loan is the best bet.

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

With DCL now injured and Rondon suspended and no new striker, he’s should at least be on the bench no…?