Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunc said he wants his players to fight for everything and never stop running, he did neither and so got hooked, ruthless maybe but I’m absolutely fine with that 

Just turned 20... playing in a foreign country with a team of cowards. Plenty of potential. 

Deeney shouldn’t even be being discussed as someone who has ever been good enough to play for us.  For me he’s always been someone who worked hard but was very lacking  in natural ability a talent,

Posted Images

I understand his unhappiness I suppose. Coming off some good appearances with Juventus and only pre-breakout DCL in front of him he probably thought he’d come here, quickly become the guy and go on to be a global superstar. You’d like to see a player of his age have the mentality to fight for his place but if he’s not happy and doesn’t think this is the best situation for his career advancement it is what it is. I’m in the camp that thinks he has a ton of potential, up to him to put in the work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well I didn't put obligation by accident :lol: 

That's what I read anyway. Hopefully that's right, it's good all round.

It was a serious question. If they are obligated to buy him how does it differ from a normal transfer? Are they just deferring payment for a year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

It was a serious question. If they are obligated to buy him how does it differ from a normal transfer? Are they just deferring payment for a year?

It just means they have to buy him at the end of the loan. I imagine it's because of finances suffering during the pandemic and they want the time to be able to pay for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Romey 1878 said:

It just means they have to buy him at the end of the loan. I imagine it's becuase of finances suffering during the pandemic and they want the time to be able to pay for him.

Right, so if he were to get some serious injury it wouldn’t matter then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I would think there's probably some safety net in there like. 

Makes quite a bit of difference. If we are just allowing them to pay a year later then there shouldn’t be a safety net as he’s effectively a Juventus player. We shall see 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Right, so if he were to get some serious injury it wouldn’t matter then?

With Financial Fair Play (FFP) it's just a way to fiddle the figures. Basically they have spent what they want to in this financial year, so will want to put the Kean money onto next year's books. The two clubs still get what they want; Juventus getting their man and Everton getting their money but it doesn't appear on this year's books so won't affect FFP - plus it'll give them time to generate this cash if needed once the pandemic is (hopefully) over. 

The most notable case is when PSG bought Neymar and wanted to add Mbappe, they "loaned" Mbappe from AS Monaco with a mandatory purchase at the end to meet rule requirements, yet still sign two players for astronomical fees. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

With Financial Fair Play (FFP) it's just a way to fiddle the figures. Basically they have spent what they want to in this financial year, so will want to put the Kean money onto next year's books. The two clubs still get what they want; Juventus getting their man and Everton getting their money but it doesn't appear on this year's books so won't affect FFP - plus it'll give them time to generate this cash if needed once the pandemic is (hopefully) over. 

The most notable case is when PSG bought Neymar and wanted to add Mbappe, they "loaned" Mbappe from AS Monaco with a mandatory purchase at the end to meet rule requirements, yet still sign two players for astronomical fees. 

Yep, I understand the financial workaround. I was just wondering if there are any clauses typically inserted as it would be a risk for us if there are. If he gets hurt and they can back out then it’s not truly mandatory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpartyBlue said:

Yep, I understand the financial workaround. I was just wondering if there are any clauses typically inserted as it would be a risk for us if there are. If he gets hurt and they can back out then it’s not truly mandatory. 

As far as I am aware, once the loan is agreed and contracts are signed then it's a legal requirement, so if he broke his leg and couldn't play for a year they'd still need to take him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be quite glad to see the back of him really, pretty much all the headlines he created in the club where all negative ones. I said last week seems after him long face after scoring a goal he's a bit of an arsehole all in all.

Use the money to get somebody who wants to be here. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I will be quite glad to see the back of him really, pretty much all the headlines he created in the club where all negative ones. I said last week seems after him long face after scoring a goal he's a bit of an arsehole all in all.

Use the money to get somebody who wants to be here. 

 

 

He’s a kid, not an arsehole. Just arrogant and ambitious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s a kid, not an arsehole. Just arrogant and ambitious. 

being young isn't an sort of excuse. 95% of young professional footballer's don't behave in the same way he has, what's special about Kean to allow him to be so arrogant? The lad is in a privileged position but lacks any sort of respect - pretty much defines somebody being a bit of 'dick' or arsehole in my opinion. 

If he was my son, I'd have be embarrassed by the way he has generally conducts himself since moving to a new club.

Big Dunc had his number when he subbed him after he came on as a sub. Ferguson wouldn't have done that to a young player if he had build up any sort of respect for him. As a fan, he's done fuck all to get any respect from me either or have I missed something this past 12months?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

being young isn't an sort of excuse. 95% of young professional footballer's don't behave in the same way he has, what's special about Kean to allow him to be so arrogant? The lad is in a privileged position but lacks any sort of respect - pretty much defines somebody being a bit of 'dick' or arsehole in my opinion. 

If he was my son, I'd have be embarrassed by the way he has generally conducts himself since moving to a new club.

Big Dunc had his number when he subbed him after he came on as a sub. Ferguson wouldn't have done that to a young player if he had build up any sort of respect for him. As a fan, he's done fuck all to get any respect from me either or have I missed something this past 12months?

 

What exactly has he done wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I'd rather have Deeney backing up DCL than Kean at this moment in time. I feel a lot of signings has potential to disrupt things slightly, but if Dom gets injured and we have to play richy up front we no longer have that threat down the left which i believe will be key for us this season.  Cavani could be an option for a year if he would want to come. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Deeney would not score the goals needed.

Neither would Kean. The difference is Deeney might actually create something, bring others into play, manage a game better and play for the team. Kean brings nothing to the team apart from pace and a few  dribbles every now and then which lack anything on the end of them. 

I'm not saying he's perfect back up or that I'd particularly want him here, I'm just saying he'd be a better option at back up than we currently have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Neither would Kean. The difference is Deeney might actually create something, bring others into play, manage a game better and play for the team. Kean brings nothing to the team apart from pace and a few  dribbles every now and then which lack anything on the end of them. 

I'm not saying he's perfect back up or that I'd particularly want him here, I'm just saying he'd be a better option at back up than we currently have. 

Deeney was a great option a couple of years back.  He was doing the job of 2 players, Incredible fitness levels, strong, and quick.  We needed that which is why DCL has had such a good apprenticeship

Deeneys lost a yard of pace and looks a bit laboured now. Scored a few goals to be fair cos he got on the end of things, not the most talented but got the most out of his talent

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Deeney shouldn’t even be being discussed as someone who has ever been good enough to play for us. 
For me he’s always been someone who worked hard but was very lacking  in natural ability a talent, a bit like a Shire horse entering the national. 

That maybe true but unfortunately as a club we have been one that had one of the most immobile and weak sides I have seen.  That isn't something that was 3 or 4 years ago... 

Sadly players like a Deeney would have been a viable and effective option when we were losing balls up front and allowing defenders to walk the ball out ... Just like Tom Davies was a viable option in plugging the gaping holes left by pedestrian half arsed midfielders like Morgan, Gylfi.

That's something our fans need to remember, all very well being snobbish about agricultural footballers, but when you have £30m footballers doing nothing and not caring - they are the players who can get the lazy arses moving. 

Our club had to sign Sam Allardyce for similar reasons... Consolidation.  Never has there been a bigger indication of failure when a club has to bring in Sam, Deeney is not the indication of a fall compared to us getting him in to manage us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Matt said:

What exactly has he done wrong?

fell out with Silva very early doors as wasn't getting game time, (I really think he expected to come here and pretty much be in the starting 11!!)

late for team meeting,

late for training (had to be disciplined by the club), did something similar with Italy,

Ferguson had to sub him after bringing him on because he wouldn't do in a game what his manager asked of him, (for fucks sake!!)

Lockdown party and putting on social media,

purposely putting a 'face on' when scoring a goal (in two league cup game) to make the point of him not wanting to be here, we all saw it (given all the stories leading up to the game, and the fact he is now off - there is little argument on this really). he does not want to be at the club and wants us all know it.

Moments of football brilliance? - nothing that sticks in my mind. 

That's pretty much Moise Kean Everton highlights real for his first 12 months!!

One or two behaviour issues, then fair enough the exuberance of youth - but it's a steady conveyor belt with the lad. 

Not seen anything that has given me any pride in him being an Everton player, its been an the opposite. 

Question to you:

What exactly has he done right? Do you think he cares about the club at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the player in the squad we will miss the least. Sad but true.

Never lives up to his potential. Showed moments of a good young player, but nothing above average.

Honestly think Niasse shown much more promise. 
 

Looked forward to seeing so much after all of the hype, and I even smoothed over most of his play as I was still blinded by the hope. But eventually had to just sit and watch him closely to see what he had..... and he simply wasn’t as good as Niasse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Probably the player in the squad we will miss the least. Sad but true.

Never lives up to his potential. Showed moments of a good young player, but nothing above average.

Honestly think Niasse shown much more promise. 
 

Looked forward to seeing so much after all of the hype, and I even smoothed over most of his play as I was still blinded by the hope. But eventually had to just sit and watch him closely to see what he had..... and he simply wasn’t as good as Niasse.

I will be pleased if we get most of our money on him, which sound like we will. So nothing lost really, so he was worth a punt.

I think his biggest problem might have been that he beleived in his own hype and didn't think coming to a club like Everton he would need to improve and actually work hard to just earn any sort of starting birth. I really think he expected to walk in to the team. 

He might go on to be the next big think back a juve, but seen nothing to think its going to happen in a blue shit. So best for all parties if he leaves the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I will be pleased if we get most of our money on him, which sound like we will. So nothing lost really, so he was worth a punt.

I think his biggest problem might have been that he beleived in his own hype and didn't think coming to a club like Everton he would need to improve and actually work hard to just earn any sort of starting birth. I really think he expected to walk in to the team. 

He might go on to be the next big think back a juve, but seen nothing to think its going to happen in a blue shit. So best for all parties if he leaves the club. 

I think that middle paragraph hits the nail on the head with him. 

I also think it has been hard for him coming off the bench. He has looked a better player when he starts and he has scored goals when he does. He showed a lot of quality and promise in the Bournemouth game which shouldn't be forgotten. 

The issue with him is that he is probably a player for 3 or 4 years down the line once he has matured and learned the ropes of what it is like to be a professional footballer. I am not sure we really need him and his immaturity around the club at the moment and to wait for that light bulb to go off. Sometimes players just aren't the right fit for the club and that is what he looks like to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Supposedly tested positive for COVID-19. Obviously hope him and anyone around is alright but in footballing terms it could change some of our transfer plans over the next 2 days. It seemed his return to Juve was likely.

Don’t think the virus would affect a loan move. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be a bit gutted if he goes to be honest. One, I was really excited about him coming here and it just hasn’t worked out. Two, I don’t see he’ll get much time on the pitch at PSG.

If it goes ahead, the best we can hope for is that he bangs in a few in a weaker league and comes back here a more confident, better player. Mind you he might then head off back to Juve.

Hope we’ll see him back here. I’m sure there’s a top player in there somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, StevO said:

He may not have been prolific, but if he goes we are really short up front. We have to bring someone in. 
While Dom is clearly the main man, it’s tough to buy a good striker to sit on the bench. 

 

48 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I expect he’ll be replaced... King? Milik? Maybe even Zaha at the right price/deal structure?

I'd be more than happy with Josh King. I dont feel like he would be a 'bench warmer', due to his versatility. Hes comfortable anywhere across the front 3 and even behind the striker. Would be ahead of Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi in the wide positions IMO.

Not sure how much he'd cost though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Aidan said:

 

I'd be more than happy with Josh King. I dont feel like he would be a 'bench warmer', due to his versatility. Hes comfortable anywhere across the front 3 and even behind the striker. Would be ahead of Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi in the wide positions IMO.

Not sure how much he'd cost though.

With Richarlison, DCL and James he would have to be a bench warmer. We aren’t buying anyone better than those three surely?!

Even being ahead of Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi only gets you on the bench for us now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Aidan said:

 

I'd be more than happy with Josh King. I dont feel like he would be a 'bench warmer', due to his versatility. Hes comfortable anywhere across the front 3 and even behind the striker. Would be ahead of Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi in the wide positions IMO.

Not sure how much he'd cost though.

£10m... can he play defensive mid though 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...