IGNORED

Moise Kean

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I feel very sorry for the lad. He came to Everton full of hope, and he appears to have been completed mismanaged. 

I completely  agree with that, he was admired by a host of clubs, and it would be fair to say that the football world were in someways shocked that we managed to convince him to sign for us, as they felt he was that good. 
Then as you rightly say he has been completely mismanaged by the wonderful tactician that is Silva. 
The wider ramifications of this are when we want others players who have a few choices, do they then look at us and think, thanks but no thanks. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Time will tell.

Exactly. 

I wasn’t too excited despite all the buzz. I don’t really care about him being late and being punished for it. however, I’m almost certain, based on his cameos, that he’ll be a cracking player for us when he’s ready.

Sad thing is that if he comes in and performs well, people will complain about his management regardless, I predict along the lines of “oh! Look at him now, why didn’t he play from the beginning!”. Well, maybe giving him time to settle and work on things allows him to succeed?

Alternatively he starts getting a run, is crap and people will be saying “oh! He’s been ruined because he didn’t have game time!”. Well, maybe he wasn’t ready as quickly as we’d hoped after his move or isn’t suited to the league. 

time will tell indeed. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

piatek?  he's injured but he's solid.  

Then he’s not solid. 

media games here pure and simple. Juve get a big cut for selling him (which they supposedly do), which, considering their history, makes me either very suspicious or completely indifferent to these ”reports” 

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yeah that's him Krzysztof Piatek, 24 years old. In five years time when Moise is 24 years old I think he'll be as good if not Better than him. Don't think that would be a good deal for us.

Looking forward to these lottery numbers I’ve been asking for...

Maybe we just don’t need to put too much pressure on him?

We are used to seeing the club buy players for the future, DCL, Stones, Holgate, we didn’t insist they all get in the team straight away. They took time to grow and settle in, just because he played for Juve and cost a fortune (because he is so talented) why would we not afford him the same time? 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

We are used to seeing the club buy players for the future, DCL, Stones, Holgate, we didn’t insist they all get in the team straight away. They took time to grow and settle in, just because he played for Juve and cost a fortune (because he is so talented) why would we not afford him the same time? 

I think like Lookman and possibly Kenny they want to play, and if they don’t there be off especially when they don’t see much better in front of them. 
That’s my perspective on it, I’m sure they haven’t come to make the numbers up. 
There agents aren’t going to allow that to happen regardless of the players thoughts. 

Kean himself has even come out and said that the premier league needs time to adjust, and that he is ignoring all the transfer talk and wants to get on with working his way into the Everton team.

I said when he first came that we wouldn’t really see him until after Christmas. I still think he needs another month or so of training and then he’ll be ready. Second half of the season he will come good.

11 hours ago, StevO said:

All of which combined cost £6.5m to sign. 

Whatever we paid for him is a big investment for a bench player.