IGNORED

Moise Kean

Pretty impressed by his cameo today, but more impressed with him standing up for himself.

I would say he needs a few more cameos first. Responsibility of a full match could be a detriment to him while he is looking for his first goal. A couple of shots in ten minutes gives him a boost, no goal in 90 leaves him wondering where a goal will come from.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I disagree shukes. I think that because he knows he has to get up to speed with the game quickly as a sub his decisions can be rushed. He needs to start games and find his feet early in the game. Get a few good touches and get in sync with the game. I would be starting him the derby. 

Good point mate. I think my opinion is more because I worry than anything else, protection mode enabled haha. 
Maybe it could be better to let the reins off.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

I don't think it would be good management to throw him into a starting spot in a derby game under the lights when they are league leaders and we are one off the relegation zone. We have Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd coming up soon and he will get a lot more time and space against them than he will against Liverpool.

Certainly not as the sole striker on Weds, but maybe as part of the front line.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

Start him and Richarlison up front against them. 

I can’t see us maintaining 2 up top against them but Kean looks the only forward player we have capable of driving past his man and making something happen himself.

Start him, he’s not scared and he makes us dangerous.

14 minutes ago, Btay said:

I can’t see us maintaining 2 up top against them but Kean looks the only forward player we have capable of driving past his man and making something happen himself.

Start him, he’s not scared and he makes us dangerous.

I fully expect DCL or Tosun up front on their own. 

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Honestly, I think DCL could do a job if he is instructed to rough Van Dyke up a bit. Physically he can give him a run for his money. If he can win a few aerial challenges early on and get some knock downs to Richarlison we might have a bit of joy with that.

The amount of times I’ve seen Dom miss time a jump for a header I’d be made up if he won one header against Van Dyke. The man is a machine, I doubt he’ll get touched up any time soon either. Can live in hope though. 

Why do I feel like we have the worst striking options up front in the league... besides maybe Watford? I don't see any of our strikers getting one over on the arguably the best defender in the world. I would love to see it happen, but I'm very nervous about this one more than any other fixture we've had this year (and even last year). 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

I agree, but let's face it if any of our strikers are intentionally targeting VVD they probably should give up the game.

I highly doubt any striker would target VVD. But it would be extremely naive to think that VVD won’t be targeting them. It’s his job isn’t it? 

Unless you feel his two goals over the weekend has suddenly turned him into a striker haha 😉