IGNORED

Zaha

Wasn’t there a stat either 17/18 or 18/19 that Palace lost every game Zaha didn’t play? A class player who is on a completely different level to the Palace Bolasie but, due to his importance to them, he’d cost far more than he’s worth. He’s priceless to them hence they’ll ask for near on £100m - surely no team will pay near that so I expect he’ll stay for at least another season.

Not often I disagree with the majority but he’s class and I f we had the opportunity to sign him we would be crazy not to snap him up. He’s a game changer and in a poor palace team still manages single handedly to pull out results against top sides. Saying that I think this rumour is pie in the sky as I don’t believe he’d come as he was Champions League football and will be too expensive. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

Not often I disagree with the majority but he’s class and I f we had the opportunity to sign him we would be crazy not to snap him up. He’s a game changer and in a poor palace team still manages single handedly to pull out results against top sides. Saying that I think this rumour is pie in the sky as I don’t believe he’d come as he was Champions League football and will be too expensive. 

I watch him and he's so close to being awesome.... physically he looks unplayable. Is he big? 

Very difficult to get a proper read on him.  Great feet, pace, finishes well.....  dunno, may be he likes being the big fish in a small pond. 

He has told the club he wants to leave it was reported we had shown an interest, let’s say we can meet their valuation I don’t think he will want to leave London that was the main reason he didn’t make it at Utd couldn’t settle and Moyes was uncompromising with him. 

Maybe things are different with him and he has grown up but I think Spurs will be favourites to land him, very good player in a below average team could he become a excellent player in a top team he’s definitely got the ability but has he got the mentality, I would definitely give him the opportunity to prove he can do it on a bigger stage. 

I'm just not sure how much he can achieve at a CL club, and how much he would help them progress. 

He's world class on YouTube, but he will go from being a big fish in a small pond. Palace rely on him and give him that total freedom. Imagine spurs controlling the game for 90 minutes and Zaha has lost the ball 26 times trying to beat his man with less space in behind than he's used to. Needs to stay at Palace I'd say. 

22 hours ago, Bill said:

Rumour that Arsenal might higher their transfer limit to buy him. I hope they do. 😀😀.

I honestly think he could be one of the most effective wingers around. There isn't much about his game from a technical standpoint that is poor.

Equally it wouldn't surprise me to see him flop. Bit of a whingy prick.  

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Please no.  Not worth half that to me.  He’s a winger too which we have plenty of

He's better than what we have though. Would improve us, especially help against bottom half teams as he has the power to get directly at goal, similar to Mane across the park. 

Would give the option to transition into a 442 quite easily without needing to make a substitution. DCL gives most centre halves a problem, would be great to have a player of Zaha's quality to expose the gaps he makes. 

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Please no.  Not worth half that to me.  He’s a winger too which we have plenty of

If and when Lookman leaves we have Richarlison, Bernard and Walcott in the senior team.

Not that I think Zaha would make sense at that price. We could sign someone as good from the continent plus a CB for that money.

1) Why would he come to Everton? Minus a wage jump he has nothing to gain footballing-wise. Bigger clubs will be interested and I'd imagine he would hold out for them, if not this season next. 

2) Why would be interested in signing yet another right footed left winger? We have too many. On the premis we would sign him to play up front I'd lose all respect for Brands and Silva, because he's not a CF and also not the CF we need. 

3) I can't stand the man. Rolling around like he's been shot all game. We have that in Richy we dont need another one. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he would improve the team. But if you're going to spend £70m+ don't spend it on a player we don't need.