IGNORED

Zaha

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Shukes, he’s massively overrated. He’s massive for Palace, obviously, but for any other side he’s just run of the mill. 

I think he is a hell of a player, and he would be a difference maker.  For us, Arsenal and probably 15 other teams in the PL.  I don't think he is so much overrated, as he is over-priced. Who in the world that could afford to risk 80M on a 26 year old winger/forward that hasn't been a crucial to his club winning a major trophy 4-5 teams? I'd say CP's valuation is fair. If they lose him, they are likely relegation fodder, so he's absolute worth 80M if he is the difference in CP staying up.

If we hadn't gone on the drunken sailor transfer spree pre-Silva/Brands that saw some 150-200M outlay on offensive players to basically only wind up with Siggy....then maybe.  But otherwise 80M for someone not named Mbapee.....I'd really question how Moshiri managed to build his wealth.  Someone said 40-45+ Cenk...that wouldn't be horrible, but that would be the limit. 30-35 + Cenk I would actually consider good business, on paper - unload a backup striker and his wages for a wide player in your starting XI that doubles as a backup striker/cf. 

Bolasie (3 years ago when we got him) might be a fair comparison as far as out and out wingers go - size, pace. tricky...But Zaha bring so much more coming inside, attacking the 18 with a nose for goal - not just putting in crosses.

I'd be chuffed (that's the right word/context?) to get Zaha, but only if his price is commensurate to his value for Everton, not the inflated value he rightly has to Palace.

Our biggest threat of attack is that left hand side with Digne and Bernard. They have a good relationship on the pitch. 

If Zaha came in he would either have to take Bernard's positions on the left effecting the chemistry of the team, or be played out of position.

I cannot understand why we are trying to sign a player for such a high fee in a position we don't need to strengthen. 

Unless Zaha wishes to play as a striker and we have promised him that position if he signs. 

4 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Bernard is much better centrally and it's all about having different options 

If and it's a very big sceptical if we signed Zaha I'd expect our shape to change slightly 

I assume Bernard will replace Gylfi at some point but now is not the time. Plus, as mentioned a few times now, we should not touch that partnership he’s developed with Digne

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I assume Bernard will replace Gylfi at some point but now is not the time. Plus, as mentioned a few times now, we should not touch that partnership he’s developed with Digne

Adapt and improve that's the aim of the game, Zaha is a much more rounded winger than Bernard who I really like but his game is more suited inside 

The pace and delivery and so on would be much more effective with Zaha down the flank plus it's not about replacing as said it's about options 

There's no reason why Gylfi and Bernard can't play in the same side or interchange etc 

17 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Adapt and improve that's the aim of the game, Zaha is a much more rounded winger than Bernard who I really like but his game is more suited inside 

The pace and delivery and so on would be much more effective with Zaha down the flank plus it's not about replacing as said it's about options 

There's no reason why Gylfi and Bernard can't play in the same side or interchange etc 

I get what you mean, and mostly agree. But Zaha isn’t anywhere near as good as people think. He is very important to Palace, but because they’re a poor team. Andy Johnson was really important to them too, but when he came here his form didn’t continue. 

A big fish in a small pond is a small fish in a big pond. Zaha already tried the big pond and it completely backfired, then went back to his little pond where he’s done well. 

I don’t mean to disrespect Palace, but there’s a big gap between our club and theirs. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I get what you mean, and mostly agree. But Zaha isn’t anywhere near as good as people think. He is very important to Palace, but because they’re a poor team. Andy Johnson was really important to them too, but when he came here his form didn’t continue. 

A big fish in a small pond is a small fish in a big pond. Zaha already tried the big pond and it completely backfired, then went back to his little pond where he’s done well. 

I don’t mean to disrespect Palace, but there’s a big gap between our club and theirs. 

No I fully get that logic we've seen it countless times the big fish small pond scenario in this league

I do really rate him but he's not a £70/80m player tbh it's fucking madness the prices that are quoted 

Then again we paid £50m for Gylfi so I'd be happy if the club stumped a similar amount as I do think he'll add goals and openings for others 

I can't see it happening either way to be honest as usual I think we're just being used as papertalk leverage

1 hour ago, Matt said:

So basically what you are saying is that if this rumour is really true, Brands, Silva and the rest of the scouting team are worse at judging players than you?

1 hour ago, patto said:

Bernard wouldn't give you the goals Gylfi does goals is Bernards downfall.

He wouldn't but he could potentially offer more creativity and with a decent striker it would hopefully balance out

I'm a big fan of Gylfi but when he's off the ball he's relatively anonymous 

Would like to see them interchanged or used together in some way 

30 minutes ago, Makis said:

So basically what you are saying is that if this rumour is really true, Brands, Silva and the rest of the scouting team are worse at judging players than you?

Er, no. I’m saying I don’t rate him and I’m just giving an opinion 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, Ghoat said:

I think he is a hell of a player, and he would be a difference maker.  For us, Arsenal and probably 15 other teams in the PL.  I don't think he is so much overrated, as he is over-priced. Who in the world that could afford to risk 80M on a 26 year old winger/forward that hasn't been a crucial to his club winning a major trophy 4-5 teams? I'd say CP's valuation is fair. If they lose him, they are likely relegation fodder, so he's absolute worth 80M if he is the difference in CP staying up.

If we hadn't gone on the drunken sailor transfer spree pre-Silva/Brands that saw some 150-200M outlay on offensive players to basically only wind up with Siggy....then maybe.  But otherwise 80M for someone not named Mbapee.....I'd really question how Moshiri managed to build his wealth.  Someone said 40-45+ Cenk...that wouldn't be horrible, but that would be the limit. 30-35 + Cenk I would actually consider good business, on paper - unload a backup striker and his wages for a wide player in your starting XI that doubles as a backup striker/cf. 

Bolasie (3 years ago when we got him) might be a fair comparison as far as out and out wingers go - size, pace. tricky...But Zaha bring so much more coming inside, attacking the 18 with a nose for goal - not just putting in crosses.

I'd be chuffed (that's the right word/context?) to get Zaha, but only if his price is commensurate to his value for Everton, not the inflated value he rightly has to Palace.

This...

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Our biggest threat of attack is that left hand side with Digne and Bernard. They have a good relationship on the pitch. 

If Zaha came in he would either have to take Bernard's positions on the left effecting the chemistry of the team, or be played out of position.

I cannot understand why we are trying to sign a player for such a high fee in a position we don't need to strengthen. 

Unless Zaha wishes to play as a striker and we have promised him that position if he signs. 

... but also this.

No point debating him looks like Chelsea will get him, they are allowed to sign players just not register them to play, apparently they are going to offer €80m or €50m and Batshuyi who Palace want to sign once Zaha has gone. And he stays there this season. 

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No point debating him looks like Chelsea will get him, they are allowed to sign players just not register them to play, apparently they are going to offer €80m or €50m and Batshuyi who Palace want to sign once Zaha has gone. And he stays there this season. 

I hope that’s the case. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope that’s the case. 

😂 I think it is mate and that will probably suit both players and both clubs involved, so you can rest easy Rom I don’t think he will becoming to us. 

And the way things are going neither will anyone else 😀

45 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

If Zaha wants CL football, he would be wise to hold of until January and see where Chelsea are sitting.

He was quoted as saying he wanted a top 6 club to guarantee he would be playing some form of European football, so I don’t know how Silva thought he could convince him to come here we haven’t got European football next season, unless of course we are planning a mid season training camp in Spain,that might of sold it to him ?

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He was quoted as saying he wanted a top 6 club to guarantee he would be playing some form of European football, so I don’t know how Silva thought he could convince him to come here we haven’t got European football next season, unless of course we are planning a mid season training camp in Spain,that might of sold it to him ?

Well he's African by birth, so playing at Goodison would technically mean he is playing European football. And we have a squad full of Europeans to boot.