IGNORED

Zaha

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Why? There’s no way we would get him. He’s not worth the money. I remember when we bought kanchelskis. That was a signing 

Who we only got because of his own circumstances, otherwise he’d never have come to us. Strange things happen in football.

Gylfi wasn’t worth £50m, but if they want him enough???

He’s a good player but Palace don’t want or need to sell, so we’d have to pay ridiculous money,  plus Zaha isn’t agitating for a move from a club where he is the kingpin and is obviously comfortable. 

If we was to move he could go to a number of clubs with European football (like spurs), would also be in for him the only reason for him to come here would be money.

All of that adds up to risk, so we shouldn’t touch with a barge pole. He’d come for mega £££ never justify his fee and then go back to Palace 1 or 2 years later for a fraction of the cost.

I remember us choking on how much we were paying for Richarlison. And media going mad about it being too much. And fans of other clubs. Didn't work out too bad?

Plus Richarlison has a tendency to moan and go down a bit easy...bit different when he's doing it for your team. It serves a purpose then!!!

1 hour ago, DownUnderToff said:

It never serves a purpose and is always a blight on the game.  Players should be, rightly, heckled and punished for doing so, the soft-ass primadonnas...

I do feel Zaha has recently been given the rough end of the stick with referees as he’s continually getting getting hacked at and doesn’t get any protection. Saying that it’s probably by his own making from his theatrical displays in the past. 

10 goals last season, 5 assists. that's 15 goals he's been involved in for a proper shite team in Palace. Think of what he would get in a half decent team. You're fooling yourself if you don't think he is worth around £60m in todays market.

As for us saying "we wont be bidding again" I'm sure a certain cult said the same about a player who now plays for them...

19 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Theoretically if McGuire is worth £80 mill is Zaha worth the same? He’s the same age and attackers normally go for more money. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think either are worth it but makes you wonder 

He’s a good guy to bring up because, similarly to Palace, LC have put a “don’t want to sell” price on McGuire. There is a difference between true market value and what value a player has to a particular club. A smaller example would be someone like Baines. He’s worth considerably more to Everton than he would go for on the market.

48 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

He’s a good guy to bring up because, similarly to Palace, LC have put a “don’t want to sell” price on McGuire. There is a difference between true market value and what value a player has to a particular club. A smaller example would be someone like Baines. He’s worth considerably more to Everton than he would go for on the market.

Unless it’s Gana! 

5 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

It never serves a purpose and is always a blight on the game.  Players should be, rightly, heckled and punished for doing so, the soft-ass primadonnas...

Yep. Absolutely agree.

Point I'm trying to make is that we rant about these things, but generally...generally...only generally guys, read in context...when said player is doing the business for your club, it's not quite so bad. Diego Costa. Arsehole. Bang in 20 - 30 goals for your club. Hmmmm. Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Arsehole. Bang in 20 - 30 goals for your club. Hmmm.

'Serves a purpose...' was wrong phase to use. But, most...not all, most...find a bit more forgiveness when said player is doing the business for your club. If they're shit, well, unforgivable full stop. Football fans, isn't it?!

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

I would think at this point the only chance of him leaving is if he hands in a transfer request. Given his relationship there, that seems unlikely.

If he has told them he wants to leave, which he has, a transfer request would do them a massive favour as he will lose his loyalty bonus (normally 10% of the transfer fee).

7 hours ago, aaron said:

10 goals last season, 5 assists. that's 15 goals he's been involved in for a proper shite team in Palace. Think of what he would get in a half decent team. You're fooling yourself if you don't think he is worth around £60m in todays market.

As for us saying "we wont be bidding again" I'm sure a certain cult said the same about a player who now plays for them...

I think he was injured for chunks of last season too!