IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

3 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Thing is we just dont know if that’s true, we’ve not seen enough of him to make a proper assessment, we know Iwobi isn’t good enough, so it’s a worry he doesn’t come on instead.

Based on Iwobis contribution, for what it was, I don't see how. It was 15 mins to run. Even having JPG sitting central would've helped more. But we'll never know 

I don't think you can not kick a ball since 2019 and suddenly cut it in the Premier League, it just isn't going to happen. It'd be best for both parties if we just moved on to be honest, he may have been good enough when he signed but not now. 

He had a horrible injury record at Mainz too, so an absolutely stupid deal for us to agree to. 

As much as it'll be us having our pants pulled down, I'd let Fenerbache take him on loan in January.

12 minutes ago, MC11 said:

My oh my. Possibly the worst ever performance in a blue shirt. This guy is bad. 

Awful but such a shame - probably wasn’t that shite when we signed him but clearly nowhere near the quality we need now so we’ll probably loan him out in Jan and hope we can somehow recoup some of the £25m wasted - again!

WE’RE SUCH A MESS!

It isn't just as though he has come back from injury either. He has been training consistently now since the summer bar an odd knock.

Match fitness is different but what I saw yesterday didn't look like match fitness. His mistakes weren't down to intensity.

If he has any career at this level, I can only see it being at centre half but I don't see that either.

It’s hard to judge a centre mid on a half in which we had 25% of the ball. He wasn’t great and misplaced a few passes - no different to anyone else out there. He has hardly kicked a ball in the premier league and to be in a midfield so undermanned was ridiculous.

Whilst things didn’t come off for him I did see him try to keep the ball in areas that other players just loft a shit 50/50 up to the striker only to get monstered by the centre half. 

problem is Gbamin has had so little football this past few year - he is no way ready to boss a midfield in a premier league game, so is it a total surprise he looked like a duck out of water - not really.  The only way to see if a player is going to cut the mustard it to get him on the pitch in a competitive game and see if he sinks or swims = he sunk. In an ideal world you slowly bring him in for 15-20 mins at the end of a game you have already won or get him involved in a cup game. but not a luxury we have give our injuries. 

Benitez gave him a half against Wolves and he struggled badly - Delph was a massive improvement. However, Benitez has got to look at these players properly, before discarding them totally. We don't have the funds to be be wasteful in what we have and simply sack them off.

Given the lack of football, these game are essentially premiership debuts for him. Plenty of player have taken a bit of time to get into the intensity of the Premier league - which is by far the toughest in the world. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

problem is Gbamin has had so little football this past few year - he is no way ready to boss a midfield in a premier league game, so is it a total surprise he looked like a duck out of water - not really.  The only way to see if a player is going to cut the mustard it to get him on the pitch in a competitive game and see if he sinks or swims = he sunk. In an ideal world you slowly bring him in for 15-20 mins at the end of a game you have already won or get him involved in a cup game. but not a luxury we have give our injuries. 

Benitez gave him a half against Wolves and he struggled badly - Delph was a massive improvement. However, Benitez has got to look at these players properly, before discarding them totally. We don't have the funds to be be wasteful in what we have and simply sack them off.

Given the lack of football, these game are essentially premiership debuts for him. Plenty of player have taken a bit of time to get into the intensity of the Premier league - which is by far the toughest in the world. 

I get that, and agree, to a degree, but he has had months of training with the first team, plus his experienve / knowledge to use when he played. However his performance was so bad he didnt know where to be on the pitch, his touch and passing were aweful. It was so bad that other Everton players were deliberatly not passing the ball to him.

The worst thing by for me was application. I can forgive mistakes, lack of match sharpness and fitness.

But when you lose the ball and slowly jog back after the player you lost it to… that’s when I take issue. 
I want to see a spark, something that hints he could be good. But it never seems to come. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...