IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that changes things but 40m is still a lot for an unproven CB.  Mina came from Barca and was 20-30m.  

I think I saw where we bid 23m or so and they wanted 27m. Still a lot but a bit more reasonable. He definitely has size and pace. Perhaps we want him for CB to compete with Mina and then Lemina for Gana’s position. If I’m wrong and he’s the replacement for Gana I’m going to be awfully nervous. 

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

I think I saw where we bid 23m or so and they wanted 27m. Still a lot but a bit more reasonable. He definitely has size and pace. Perhaps we want him for CB to compete with Mina and then Lemina for Gana’s position. If I’m wrong and he’s the replacement for Gana I’m going to be awfully nervous. 

oh that is a better price then, maybe that is max price including add ons too.  the german lower sides don't have a ton of money, and pound is slightly stronger than the euro so it could really benefit a smaller club like them to take the cash.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

oh that is a better price then, maybe that is max price including add ons too.  the german lower sides don't have a ton of money, and pound is slightly stronger than the euro so it could really benefit a smaller club like them to take the cash.

Yeah I’ve no doubt they could do a lot with the money. Cautiously optimistic if he’s been brought in to play CB, white knuckling it if we are gonna use him as a midfielder.

Just watched a video on him and I think he looks a talented player. I get the feeling it might take him time to settle. He looks like a midfielder to me rather than a CB. I think he could be really good in the transitions as he is quick, has good close control and likes running with the ball whilst also being very capable in spraying passes to the wings or over the top. 

The curious thing in the video I watched was that there were very little shorter passes. There were no defence splitting balls or perfectly weighted ones. They were all aerial and 20 yards plus. Wpuld suggest to me either he isnt very good at it or he doesnt have the final ball quality. Defensively he looked sound enough from the small clips but you need to see the bigger pitcure for that. 

Based on what I just watched he looks a little like a cross between Gana and Schneiderlin. The deeper passing skills of the latter with the transitioning physical attributes of the former. If we do get him I just hope he makes better decisions when breaking forward.

22 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This is the Gana replacement. But it’s not going to fix our lack of creativity. 

Or could we have Gbamin sitting and push Gomes forward?

The echo say he sits at the bottom of a midfield diamond. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-transfer-target-jean-philippe-16683481.amp

Agent claims he's better at centre half. 

https://www.squawka.com/en/features/jean-philippe-gbamin-everton-gueye-replacement?amp

Never heard of him. So did the mandatory video search.

I like how strong and athletic he looks. A lot of his tackles come from standing strong and nicking the ball away at just the right time. Seems to have a good run on him, and passing range. Only clips though, so....

If he does the job, then we've had a belter with selling Gana, at 30 year old, and replacing him for a guy who is 23 and slightly less cost.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

🎼 Gbamin, Gbamin, Gbamin, Gbamin,

When Gana was a thing of the past.

Gbamin, Gbamin, Gbamin, Gbamin,

I hope you like Gbamin too.

It all depends on how you pronounce Gbamin. There is a danger that it wont scan.  Who is going to write the music?

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

There's a tiny "g" at the start though, I'd say g-baman though the "n" at the end is one of those ephemeral French ones; as in "demain" (but we can talk about that tomorrow:otvwhistle:).

Googles *ephemeral *  

Googles *demain French pronunciation *

I can hear the n at the end just, but I'm not catching a g at the beginning??