Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he's half the player Gana was it'll be a good deal.

You’re not wrong. Darron Gibson - a pissed up sick note. Fabian Delph - a shit sick note. Bryan Oviedo - leg snapped clean in half. Seamus Coleman - leg snapped clean in half.

Apparently he was playing foot-tennis when the injury occured, although it's only what I've seen on Twitter. 

I think the game against Palace (or Watford, can't remember) will be the last we see of him. He was injury prone at Mainz and we took a gamble on him, looks as though it's backfired massively. The worry for me is that he looked completely off the pace in the two games that he did feature in so he will only have gone backward after around 18 months of no football. I just can't see this being the romantic story everyone hopes it'll be - he won't play for us again, and it's £25m down the toilet. Wouldn't be surprised if we mutually agreed to terminate his contract and he goes back to mid-table/second tier German football. 

Can only wish him well, and hope that his mental health doesn't suffer after what has been a horrendous injury period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All clubs have bad injury’s mate. But for the person, we do make an effort to help them back, maybe sometimes too much of an effort. Just take a look at your list. 
 

most of them were here well after we should have let them go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shukes said:

All clubs have bad injury’s mate. But for the person, we do make an effort to help them back, maybe sometimes too much of an effort. Just take a look at your list. 
 

most of them were here well after we should have let them go.

You make us sound like care home for knackered footballers😂

But in all seriousness Gabamin is a young man who has suffered some horrendous injuries in the last year, and your right there aren’t many better clubs to be at than Everton, to help physically and psychologically help players come back from injuries. 
Even Barkley put his transfer on hold so we could look after him till he was better then left 👎

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Really unlucky for him to have such serious back to back injuries and still gonna be out for sometime. His positions is just the area of the park we have been lacking in as well this season. He would have been and important cog in the wheel once he had some premiership experience.  We are obviously going be getting reinforcements for this position this summer- so you have to wonder has his big chance  gone to make the position his own, if others come in.  You would hope who ever comes in will be pretty settled in the position by the beginning of 2021. So Gabmin may find his chances of starts more limited than he would have 12 months ago. A bit of competition wouldn't go a miss so really hope he does come back strong. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

How old is he and how much is he worth?

24 and transfermarkt rates him at 20m pounds.  if we sold we would likely lose money since his injuries most will be cautious.  i think we should keep him and see what he can do.  he will epitomize mikeO's much hated saying "he will be like a new signing"... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Why would we be considering selling him, he’s still a young man who when he gets over his injuries can still be the player we anticipated he would be. 

IF he gets over his injuries. Not looked at his history, but enough people have posted on here that he has had injuries previously in his career. 
It’s not even like he’s only had one injury since he arrived, it’s over and over again. 
Also add into that, Carlo didn’t sign him. If we still had the manager who wanted him then he may have more chance. I think his ship has sailed here, more about saving the lads career than getting him into our starting 11. 
We need a player in that midfield urgently, we can’t afford to wait for him to be fit, so he will he replaced before he will be back in action. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StevO said:

IF he gets over his injuries. Not looked at his history, but enough people have posted on here that he has had injuries previously in his career. 
It’s not even like he’s only had one injury since he arrived, it’s over and over again. 
Also add into that, Carlo didn’t sign him. If we still had the manager who wanted him then he may have more chance. I think his ship has sailed here, more about saving the lads career than getting him into our starting 11. 
We need a player in that midfield urgently, we can’t afford to wait for him to be fit, so he will he replaced before he will be back in action. 

His injury history has been proved to be okay. He played something 30 games before we signed and decent seasons before that I’m sure. He is exactly the midfielder we missed last season, not far to put so much pressure on him as this will effectively be his first season but I’m excited for him as I think he’s going to be a real player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its hard enough for players to come back from one bad injury let alone a couple back to back. 

He may come back and be the player he was (not that we know exactly what that was) but even if he does its likely to take a long time for him to get there especially without another preseason. 

Hopefully we have made the signings we need in that area of the pitch and that will allow him time to get himself right, come back to being as close to as good as he was and that he won't be rushed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Its hard enough for players to come back from one bad injury let alone a couple back to back. 

He may come back and be the player he was (not that we know exactly what that was) but even if he does its likely to take a long time for him to get there especially without another preseason. 

Hopefully we have made the signings we need in that area of the pitch and that will allow him time to get himself right, come back to being as close to as good as he was and that he won't be rushed. 

This is more realistic than writing him off already, a couple of injuries unrelated although big doesn’t spell the end.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This is more realistic than writing him off already, a couple of injuries unrelated although big doesn’t spell the end.  

But as Bailey said, we don’t even know the player he was before the injuries, let alone the player he’ll be after. We can’t afford to hope he is the answer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Its hard enough for players to come back from one bad injury let alone a couple back to back. 

He may come back and be the player he was (not that we know exactly what that was) but even if he does its likely to take a long time for him to get there especially without another preseason. 

Hopefully we have made the signings we need in that area of the pitch and that will allow him time to get himself right, come back to being as close to as good as he was and that he won't be rushed. 

Oviedo Coleman Gomes all came back from horrific injuries in the same form before they were injured.  The injuries he has had are one offs it’s not like James McCarthy with a pulled hamstring every week.  These are separate and different injuries.  I think he will come back fine, he’s plenty young.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevO said:

But as Bailey said, we don’t even know the player he was before the injuries, let alone the player he’ll be after. We can’t afford to hope he is the answer. 

I’m not suggesting we do nothing and wait till he comes back, after all he may not be the player we hope him to be, but to write him off and look to sell is a bit OTT he hasn’t had an opportunity to prove himself. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevO said:

But as Bailey said, we don’t even know the player he was before the injuries, let alone the player he’ll be after. We can’t afford to hope he is the answer. 

I agree have to work on the basis he is not going to be the answer in midfield at this moment in time, he is not premiership proven yet and bad run of injuries is only going to make the risk of him not being prem standard slightly greater.  So we have to bring another in decent defensive midfielder on the assumption he will not cut the mustard.  

If as we all hope, in 6-9 months time Gbamin comes back strong and begins to push for a starting place it has to be considered a massive bonus. Finger cross for the lad as this was a big move for him.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m not suggesting we do nothing and wait till he comes back, after all he may not be the player we hope him to be, but to write him off and look to sell is a bit OTT he hasn’t had an opportunity to prove himself. 
 

I’m not saying look to sell, but if someone would give us £10m I’d take it all day. We need midfielders, so there probably won’t be a place for him when fit anyway. 
Id love him to succeed, I’d always rather a player we have be better than going and buying, as every buy is a risk. I just don’t see it now. I think there are too many circumstances that will get in his way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

Oviedo Coleman Gomes all came back from horrific injuries in the same form before they were injured.  The injuries he has had are one offs it’s not like James McCarthy with a pulled hamstring every week.  These are separate and different injuries.  I think he will come back fine, he’s plenty young.

Oviedo, Coleman and Gomes injuries were impact fractures. Gbamin's injuries tend to be chronic and repetitive, as are most muscle and tendon injuries. There's a high chance he will get more of them, which is a concern. Also from medical understanding muscle injuries impair the function of the muscle so that it can never recover to the state it was before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Oviedo Coleman Gomes all came back from horrific injuries in the same form before they were injured.  The injuries he has had are one offs it’s not like James McCarthy with a pulled hamstring every week.  These are separate and different injuries.  I think he will come back fine, he’s plenty young.

Do you really believe that?

Oviedo is barely half the player he was.

Gomes is not the same player either and IMO he looks to have lost any pace he had.

Coleman came back well and then suffered a massive dip in form. He has then gone from strength to strength since but he has also lost some pace and his threat in attack is not what it was. He has certainly come back best of them all.

I think it would be naive to think he will come back absolutely fine. He might do, but I would say the odds of that are slim and if he does, then like Coleman it will take time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

but I would say the odds of that are slim and if he does, then like Coleman it will take time.

 

Shouldn’t you be affording Gomes the same time, you seem to have written him off without the same consideration as Coleman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Shouldn’t you be affording Gomes the same time, you seem to have written him off without the same consideration as Coleman. 

Oh don't get me wrong I am. Gomes still had a fair amount of issues with his overall play pre-injury but he definitely deserves a pre-season and next year to prove himself. He would be the one I would keep from this midfield but I suspect it would be a stay of execution for 12 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Oviedo Coleman Gomes all came back from horrific injuries in the same form before they were injured.  The injuries he has had are one offs it’s not like James McCarthy with a pulled hamstring every week.  These are separate and different injuries.  I think he will come back fine, he’s plenty young.

Oviedo went massively down hill, don’t know if you remember but he went to Sunderland and dropped down a few divisions. If he got back to the same form he would have had a better career. 
Coleman did really well coming back. 
If the last couple of months were Gomes back to normal then we are in big trouble!

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Shouldn’t you be affording Gomes the same time, you seem to have written him off without the same consideration as Coleman. 

Big difference with Gomes is that we have seen what he can do, he has been a very good player for us and at a very high level in Spain. So we know what he can get back to and if he does it’s massive for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MC11 said:

It’s a difficult one this because you genuinely feel for the lad but at the same time the transfer so far has been a complete waste of money. The guy just can’t get fit. 
 

I fully expect him to be injured again in the coming weeks months. Prove me wrong. I hope I am

I feel the same. Expecting an injury to pop up when he’s back in training. I hope he doesn’t though. 
 

The plus side, with Allan being fantastic and Delph actually looking like a footballer again, and then possibly Davies too, there is no need to rush the lad. If he’s fit in November, great, but keep staying fit until needed, maybe even January, and then see how he is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, StevO said:

I feel the same. Expecting an injury to pop up when he’s back in training. I hope he doesn’t though. 
 

The plus side, with Allan being fantastic and Delph actually looking like a footballer again, and then possibly Davies too, there is no need to rush the lad. If he’s fit in November, great, but keep staying fit until needed, maybe even January, and then see how he is. 

If he does get back to fitness he could be a very valuable player as someone who can backup both Doucoure and Allan. An upgrade to Davies and replacement for Delph who I’d image we will move on from soon enough. We have reasonable cover there for the moment, as mentioned, so I wouldn’t mind if they kept him out until after the January window if need be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MC11 said:

It’s a difficult one this because you genuinely feel for the lad but at the same time the transfer so far has been a complete waste of money. The guy just can’t get fit. 
 

I fully expect him to be injured again in the coming weeks months. Prove me wrong. I hope I am

You cannot predict these injuries and i think its been proven already that he had played plenty of games the 2/3 seasons prior to joining us. There is this element of risk in any transfer or any player.

A midfield of Doucoure, Allan and Gbamin would offer so much energy, physical presence whilst all having quality on the ball. Great squad depth.

Cliche but we need to look at him as new signing and as Steve mentioned not rush him back and look to utilize him in the busy december period.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Btay said:

You cannot predict these injuries and i think its been proven already that he had played plenty of games the 2/3 seasons prior to joining us. There is this element of risk in any transfer or any player.

A midfield of Doucoure, Allan and Gbamin would offer so much energy, physical presence whilst all having quality on the ball. Great squad depth.

Cliche but we need to look at him as new signing and as Steve mentioned not rush him back and look to utilize him in the busy december period.

We look pretty impressive getting off the bus these days with guys like Doucoure, Mina, DCL, Gbamin, Godfrey, Nkounkou etc..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

We look pretty impressive getting off the bus these days with guys like Doucoure, Mina, DCL, Gbamin, Godfrey, Nkounkou etc..

Even Richarlison is so physical. 
Keane as well, I’ve always thought he was a bit soft but he’s been different class this year. It’s great to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

An upgrade to Davies and replacement for Delph who I’d image we will move on from soon enough. 

Can I ask what makes you think he’s an upgrade on Davies and Delph?

Not trying to be funny with that, but I’ve seen every minute he’s played for Everton (not too many minutes haha) and couldn’t come to any conclusion about his ability yet. Just curious what you’ve seen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StevO said:

Can I ask what makes you think he’s an upgrade on Davies and Delph?

Not trying to be funny with that, but I’ve seen every minute he’s played for Everton (not too many minutes haha) and couldn’t come to any conclusion about his ability yet. Just curious what you’ve seen. 

It’s certainly true we haven’t seen much of him in blue. I’m basing it mostly on what I’ve seen of him before he’s arrived and the flashes he showed in our lineup. I don’t think Davies is good enough and I doubt we will want to pay the wages of an aging Delph for much longer if we have an alternative. For me the bar for Gbamin to clear is not particularly high. We shall see though, I’m sure it will take him awhile to get back up to speed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StevO said:

Can I ask what makes you think he’s an upgrade on Davies and Delph?

Not trying to be funny with that, but I’ve seen every minute he’s played for Everton (not too many minutes haha) and couldn’t come to any conclusion about his ability yet. Just curious what you’ve seen. 

Totally agree we really haven’t got much of clue what he’s going to be like from what we’ve seen of him, we’ve had lot’s of players signed in the last 5 years who have looked great on edited footage, Klaasen springs to mind the footage of him posted before he played for us made him look world class the reality was completely different. 
There’s a long way to go imo before Gbamin proves that he’s the player we want him to become.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

he was rated one of the top players under 25 in the world when we bought him

Really? You’ve got to show me where you saw this Mark. I’d have expected a much bigger fanfare when he arrived if this was the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...