IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

The one comparison I would make between him and Gana based on what I have seen before was shown in the Doucoure chance. I don't know if he did get a touch on it before Doucoure but the fact he was actually there and tracking the run was a big difference compared to Gana. I have seen Gana enough over the 3 years to be almost certain that he would have been watching the ball and had no idea about where Doucoure was. 

It has been announced that he has suffered a significant injury to his right quadriceps muscle. 

I fear we will not be seeing him for a long time that is huge injury happened to me once and I didn’t play for about 6 months, okay I didn’t have the treatment that’s available to him but we are still taking months not weeks. 

All we can really do is offer him a speedy recovery and hope he’s back sooner than later. 

This is real bad news for us. I think you could see this lad was slowly going to find his feet. We need to find another solution.

And though I rate Gylfi, his is the one position that needs attention. Maybe we need to experiment there a bit. People thought Gana was the issue, and it’s clear as day that isn’t he issue. We’re creating less now than when’s Gana was linking up.

Lets not let Gana become a other Arteta or Lukaku. Gbamin could have became that player, and I’m not writing him off, but we need to have a back up plan ready for these eventualitys.

McCarthy MKII - I desperately hope not but his history with thigh injury isn’t great.

17/18 Thigh Muscle Strain Dec 14, 2017 Jan 1, 2018 18 days 21.FSV Mainz 05
17/18 Thigh Problems Jul 17, 2017 Sep 4, 2017 49 days 31.FSV Mainz 05
16/17 Muscular problems Apr 20, 2017 May 4, 2017 14 days 21.FSV Mainz 05
16/17 Thigh Problems Sep 19, 2016 Sep 26, 2016 7 days 21.FSV Mainz 05

This is really a bummer. Schneiderlin is just not up to it. His complacency shows every time he’s on the pitch, even when he’s slamming the ground in frustration at his own mistakes. I really hope Delph can step in and form a partnership with Gomes because otherwise our midfield will suffer badly from this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jean-philippe-gbamin-agent-everton-17029597?fbclid=IwAR3BC4SyGk9A8Sl1bxzAekYct0JHVFln7QW9r7c93U0Q1Lfh0DBHfiVCdoc

From his breif cameo I agree, think he'd do well at centre half. Anyone would be an improvement on Keane tbf. Shame we never brought someone else in with more experience ti help bring along our relatively young defenders through. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jean-philippe-gbamin-agent-everton-17029597?fbclid=IwAR3BC4SyGk9A8Sl1bxzAekYct0JHVFln7QW9r7c93U0Q1Lfh0DBHfiVCdoc

From his breif cameo I agree, think he'd do well at centre half. Anyone would be an improvement on Keane tbf. Shame we never brought someone else in with more experience ti help bring along our relatively young defenders through. 

If he was to come in at centre half it would be for Mina, not for Keane. Regardless of how good or bad anyone thinks Keane is he won’t be getting dropped any time soon in the premier league. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

If he was to come in at centre half it would be for Mina, not for Keane. Regardless of how good or bad anyone thinks Keane is he won’t be getting dropped any time soon in the premier league. 

How come? Mina has been the better of the two, and Zouma was also when he was here. He's a clear weak link that needs addressing, that and the shoehorning of Sigurdssen. 

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

How come? Mina has been the better of the two, and Zouma was also when he was here. He's a clear weak link that needs addressing, that and the shoehorning of Sigurdssen. 

I personally don’t think Keane is the weak link, I don’t think Mina is either to be fair. I’m happy for them both to play. 
But can you honestly see the manager dropping Keane? 
We hardly saw Mina and Zouma play together last season did we? 

Ive said before from reading a secret footballer book that you very rarely see two black centre halves. I thought it was a load of rubbish, but then the writer goes on to make further points about how managers don’t trust two black centre halves to he organised enough and always play at least one white lad to do the organising.
He goes as far to say that from youth development the black lads tend to be faster so they put on the wings or up front, but not as often in central defence or central midfield. The positions of trust tend to go to white lads from a young age so when they make it into the top level they are already in their positions. 
He used Southampton as an example, Walcott and Ox came through as wingers but Ward Prowse was a centre mid and Bale a left back, he names a few others but I don’t remember them, but said it was rife at Southampton and everyone in the game knows it. 
I laughed when I started reading it but he started to name pairings in the premier league and you start to see it doesn’t happen. Nearly all managers in the European game play at least one white lad in the two. 
me and my mate who I go the match with have talked about it on a few occasions. Yeah in the cup we’ve played Mina and Holgate, but in the league Keane is almost guaranteed a place. 
Remember when we had Yobo, Lescott and Jags, Jags would be the one who played every week. 

Can anyone think of a black centre half combo that’s played together for a prolonged period successfully? 

Im not saying it’s fact, but when you look at it there is a pattern. 

The manager might have other reasons for picking Keane, I don’t know. I know he won’t be getting dropped any time soon though. 

Steve0 interesting point, I'm sure there have been, and are still some poor non black defensive pairings though.

If you look across the park who is the leader at the back? VVD of course.

Also I don't see Keane as an organiser, he's a player who needs confidence, early last season he was a rabbit in headlights, as the pairing with Zouma developed Keane improved, and he has been the same rabbit again so far this season, with Mina putting in the better performances as time goes on.

3 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Steve0 interesting point, I'm sure there have been, and are still some poor non black defensive pairings though.

If you look across the park who is the leader at the back? VVD of course.

Also I don't see Keane as an organiser, he's a player who needs confidence, early last season he was a rabbit in headlights, as the pairing with Zouma developed Keane improved, and he has been the same rabbit again so far this season, with Mina putting in the better performances as time goes on.

You can add Kompany to that too. I’m not saying it’s certain, but it’s very hard to find many anomalies. 
And from your first paragraph, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you have to have a white lad in there to be successful, I’m can name plenty of black and white players who are good and who are shit. I’m just relaying a very interesting point that I read from someone who is inside the system. I just find it hard to prove it wrong, and I’ve tried. There are the odd anomalies like VVD who plays with Matip, or Kompany who played with Lescott (who was then replaced by about six different white lads) but it’s hard to prove it wrong.