IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Btay said:

I think he’s going to be a real powerhouse for us Matt. Even in his short time on the field, I thought there were some positives.

Could well be but this is McCarthy esq injury record now (including before he signed). I’ve not made my mind up one way or the other on his ability.

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Could well be but this is McCarthy esq injury record now (including before he signed). I’ve not made my mind up one way or the other on his ability.

I think you’re right Matt he’s played I think 165 minutes of football for us in his first season here and what looks more likely a complete season, you can’t know whether he will be good or poor from that. 
And his injury record doesn’t look very good either although this is a new problem for him could it now be a repetitive one let’s hope not. 

44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

wonderful, 8 weeks means about early april.  he will have to get back to fitness too.  i'm guessing carlo will want to see him in may and suss out whether he can be one for the future or if DM is something we'll need in the summer.

I think he will get next season too as Carlo will want a proper look at him.

4 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think he will get next season too as Carlo will want a proper look at him.

yeah i don't think he will be sold.  but if he can play 3-4 matches and start a few Carlo can get a feel for if he will fit his system and style or not.  much like he is doing now, where there is a lot of rotation and he's playing people who are coming off injury just to see what they do.  honestly i see this last half of the season as an interview for most of them.  will they have a job next year?  time will tell.  obviously we can't get rid of all of them, but i'm sure lists will be drafted with priority given to some over others.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i don't think he will be sold.  but if he can play 3-4 matches and start a few Carlo can get a feel for if he will fit his system and style or not.  much like he is doing now, where there is a lot of rotation and he's playing people who are coming off injury just to see what they do.  honestly i see this last half of the season as an interview for most of them.  will they have a job next year?  time will tell.  obviously we can't get rid of all of them, but i'm sure lists will be drafted with priority given to some over others.

Agreed, but I think of the ones who still have time left on their contract, Cenk, Sandro, Bolassie, Siggy, and Delph will go. I think Morgan will stay as he seems to be such an arrogant player, albeit a very talented one, that he only plays well for managers he respects, and he respects Carlo. Theo will stay as he has pace.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...