IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Apparently he was playing foot-tennis when the injury occured, although it's only what I've seen on Twitter. 

I think the game against Palace (or Watford, can't remember) will be the last we see of him. He was injury prone at Mainz and we took a gamble on him, looks as though it's backfired massively. The worry for me is that he looked completely off the pace in the two games that he did feature in so he will only have gone backward after around 18 months of no football. I just can't see this being the romantic story everyone hopes it'll be - he won't play for us again, and it's £25m down the toilet. Wouldn't be surprised if we mutually agreed to terminate his contract and he goes back to mid-table/second tier German football. 

Can only wish him well, and hope that his mental health doesn't suffer after what has been a horrendous injury period. 

38 minutes ago, Shukes said:

All clubs have bad injury’s mate. But for the person, we do make an effort to help them back, maybe sometimes too much of an effort. Just take a look at your list. 

most of them were here well after we should have let them go.

You make us sound like care home for knackered footballers😂

But in all seriousness Gabamin is a young man who has suffered some horrendous injuries in the last year, and your right there aren’t many better clubs to be at than Everton, to help physically and psychologically help players come back from injuries. 
Even Barkley put his transfer on hold so we could look after him till he was better then left 👎

• 2 months later...

Really unlucky for him to have such serious back to back injuries and still gonna be out for sometime. His positions is just the area of the park we have been lacking in as well this season. He would have been and important cog in the wheel once he had some premiership experience.  We are obviously going be getting reinforcements for this position this summer- so you have to wonder has his big chance  gone to make the position his own, if others come in.  You would hope who ever comes in will be pretty settled in the position by the beginning of 2021. So Gabmin may find his chances of starts more limited than he would have 12 months ago. A bit of competition wouldn't go a miss so really hope he does come back strong. 

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

How old is he and how much is he worth?

24 and transfermarkt rates him at 20m pounds.  if we sold we would likely lose money since his injuries most will be cautious.  i think we should keep him and see what he can do.  he will epitomize mikeO's much hated saying "he will be like a new signing"... 

41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Why would we be considering selling him, he’s still a young man who when he gets over his injuries can still be the player we anticipated he would be. 

IF he gets over his injuries. Not looked at his history, but enough people have posted on here that he has had injuries previously in his career. 
It’s not even like he’s only had one injury since he arrived, it’s over and over again. 
Also add into that, Carlo didn’t sign him. If we still had the manager who wanted him then he may have more chance. I think his ship has sailed here, more about saving the lads career than getting him into our starting 11. 
We need a player in that midfield urgently, we can’t afford to wait for him to be fit, so he will he replaced before he will be back in action. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

IF he gets over his injuries. Not looked at his history, but enough people have posted on here that he has had injuries previously in his career. 
It’s not even like he’s only had one injury since he arrived, it’s over and over again. 
Also add into that, Carlo didn’t sign him. If we still had the manager who wanted him then he may have more chance. I think his ship has sailed here, more about saving the lads career than getting him into our starting 11. 
We need a player in that midfield urgently, we can’t afford to wait for him to be fit, so he will he replaced before he will be back in action. 

His injury history has been proved to be okay. He played something 30 games before we signed and decent seasons before that I’m sure. He is exactly the midfielder we missed last season, not far to put so much pressure on him as this will effectively be his first season but I’m excited for him as I think he’s going to be a real player.

Its hard enough for players to come back from one bad injury let alone a couple back to back. 

He may come back and be the player he was (not that we know exactly what that was) but even if he does its likely to take a long time for him to get there especially without another preseason. 

Hopefully we have made the signings we need in that area of the pitch and that will allow him time to get himself right, come back to being as close to as good as he was and that he won't be rushed. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Its hard enough for players to come back from one bad injury let alone a couple back to back. 

He may come back and be the player he was (not that we know exactly what that was) but even if he does its likely to take a long time for him to get there especially without another preseason. 

Hopefully we have made the signings we need in that area of the pitch and that will allow him time to get himself right, come back to being as close to as good as he was and that he won't be rushed. 

This is more realistic than writing him off already, a couple of injuries unrelated although big doesn’t spell the end.  

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This is more realistic than writing him off already, a couple of injuries unrelated although big doesn’t spell the end.  

But as Bailey said, we don’t even know the player he was before the injuries, let alone the player he’ll be after. We can’t afford to hope he is the answer. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Oviedo Coleman Gomes all came back from horrific injuries in the same form before they were injured.  The injuries he has had are one offs it’s not like James McCarthy with a pulled hamstring every week.  These are separate and different injuries.  I think he will come back fine, he’s plenty young.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

But as Bailey said, we don’t even know the player he was before the injuries, let alone the player he’ll be after. We can’t afford to hope he is the answer. 

I’m not suggesting we do nothing and wait till he comes back, after all he may not be the player we hope him to be, but to write him off and look to sell is a bit OTT he hasn’t had an opportunity to prove himself.