IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

25 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I like Iwobi. Think he’d be a cracking signing personally. Don’t think it’ll happen though.

I’m not alone then. Not seen much of him but when I’ve seen him play, he’s always looked a handful and works hard. 

As per others, Everton £30m bid for Alex Iwobi rejected. Made to Arsenal today & knocked back. Expected to return with improved offer but likely need £40m+ to be accepted. 23yo not agitating but would go if deal agreed. #EFC interest recent & is in addition to Wilfied Zaha #CPFC

So Iwobi is in addition to Zaha?

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

35 apps 3 goals 7 assists.  that is not 30m return, we got bernard for free and he had similar stats.  nathan redmond similar stats he ain't worth 30m.  

That are poor stats, although he was the only Arsenal player to look dangerous when we beat them at Goodison this season, with his age he might be worth a punt, is he left footed mainly?

4 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

That are poor stats, although he was the only Arsenal player to look dangerous when we beat them at Goodison this season, with his age he might be worth a punt, is he left footed mainly?

Very tricky with the ball from what I know and good at driving it forward. The knock is that he lacks end product but at 23 it's still quite possible he could develop there. I see on the Arsenal forum that many people think he'd be good as a 10. Given that we are linked to Doucoure and that we are apparently pursuing Zaha AND Iwobi I wonder if he's seen as competition/eventual replacement for Siggy as opposed to a full-time winger. Silva seems to value versatility very highly.

Im a bit of a fence sitter with him. I think he improved a lot last year and started to look as though he was maturing as a footballer but £30million is a LOT of money.

I think its clear we are after someone who can beat a man and be direct when looking at the bids for both him and Zaha but I know I would much rather have the latter.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Im a bit of a fence sitter with him. I think he improved a lot last year and started to look as though he was maturing as a footballer but £30million is a LOT of money.

I think its clear we are after someone who can beat a man and be direct when looking at the bids for both him and Zaha but I know I would much rather have the latter.

I guess the question is would you rather have Iwobi and 40m or so? The net impact may be greater w/ the extra money.

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

I guess the question is would you rather have Iwobi and 40m or so? The net impact may be greater w/ the extra money.

I guess that depends on what £40mil can buy you... Im not sure these days!

My view would be that we were more likely to break the top 6 with Zaha than we would with Iwobi. I don't know how much extra that would get us in prize money and TV revenue (including Europa).

30 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

About 15 of those appearances were as sub, so figures not that bad. Still want Zaha tho!