IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

1 hour ago, Btay said:

He’s strong, I see him similarly to the Ox at Liverpool and think he would be best in a midfield 3 but our current formation doesn’t allow that.

Its a transition for him right now, no longer the kid at Arsenal - he needs to improve and I’m sure he knows it but he has time in my eyes. 

Really wish he would work on his shooting though...

16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

one freak volley.  jags had one too against the shite, doesn't make him ronaldo.

Technique is great, also most of his goals at Arsenal were from shots not headers.

He just needs time, and patience from us. First year with us, played under two managers, been out for months with injury. Lets give him a bit of both eh?

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

Technique is great, also most of his goals at Arsenal were from shots not headers.

He just needs time, and patience from us. First year with us, played under two managers, been out for months with injury. Lets give him a bit of both eh?

I’m happy to give him time but that video doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid. His finishing is very poor, I’m only saying I’d like to see him work on it and get better. If you are happy with his current level of finishing then that’s your opinion and I respect that but we won’t be scoring many goals with that level.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

I’m happy to give him time but that video doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid. His finishing is very poor, I’m only saying I’d like to see him work on it and get better. If you are happy with his current level of finishing then that’s your opinion and I respect that but we won’t be scoring many goals with that level.

I'm not saying he doesn't need to work on it as he does. I'm just saying he's capable of scoring goals and is just a bit rusty in a new team under a new manager. 

14 hours ago, London Blue said:

This for me. He’s 23, big, strong, technically gifted, direct, good passer and just back after a long period out during which there’s been big changes around the club. I’ll judge him next season.

He's far from deadwood IMO.... which the club is saddled with at the moment.

For me he's got lots of potential upside, technically very good.  Great attitude, young, and the outlay wasn't huge relative to young players with potential. 

I'm more arsed about getting rid of the Walcotts, Schneiderleins, Keanes, Niasse, Gylfis who don't strike me as anything other than players here to earn a stack of money just to do a job. 

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's far from deadwood IMO.... which the club is saddled with at the moment.

For me he's got lots of potential upside, technically very good.  Great attitude, young, and the outlay wasn't huge relative to young players with potential. 

I'm more arsed about getting rid of the Walcotts, Schneiderleins, Keanes, Niasse, Gylfis who don't strike me as anything other than players here to earn a stack of money just to do a job. 

i've been walcott's biggest critic and even i've come around on him.  in Carlo's system he is a solid backup RW, we need a starter there but i'm fine with him starting the odd game and playing off the bench.  i'd keep him.  Same with Keane, if he's fine working from the bench and cup games keep him, he's an average defender that on his day can be solid, no reason to get rid of him unless he wants to go.  morgan has shown something under Carlo we never saw under Marco.  i'd keep him as a rotation piece.

26 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i've been walcott's biggest critic and even i've come around on him.  in Carlo's system he is a solid backup RW, we need a starter there but i'm fine with him starting the odd game and playing off the bench.  i'd keep him.  Same with Keane, if he's fine working from the bench and cup games keep him, he's an average defender that on his day can be solid, no reason to get rid of him unless he wants to go.  morgan has shown something under Carlo we never saw under Marco.  i'd keep him as a rotation piece.

Keane is a £25m asset who we strangely enough could probably recoup £20m of in today's market.  I don't even think he's worth that.... if sooner get the money and gave Gibson as back up then go out and buy a 32 year old as a backup. 

Walcott... maybe you're right. Not sure we would get a fee, but I thi k he's on top wack

43 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Keane is a £25m asset who we strangely enough could probably recoup £20m of in today's market.  I don't even think he's worth that.... if sooner get the money and gave Gibson as back up then go out and buy a 32 year old as a backup. 

Walcott... maybe you're right. Not sure we would get a fee, but I thi k he's on top wack

I can see Keane leaving this summer and exactly this happening. I’d quite like someone who could displace Mina though. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I can see Keane leaving this summer and exactly this happening. I’d quite like someone who could displace Mina though. 

Me too.... mina isn't rock solid as I'd like.

I do think he will improve and he's clearly a great person to have in the squad.  But.... we need a leader at the back. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I agree with Keane going if we’re not using him in a rotation, then it’s obvious that he is not rated so let’s get rid and invest in someone who has a chance of making the team.

56 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Me too.... mina isn't rock solid as I'd like.

I do think he will improve and he's clearly a great person to have in the squad.  But.... we need a leader at the back. 

Wall of Whiner is what I hear. He can be brilliant or a liability. In some ways he’s proven me wrong but too many ways he’s confirmed my worries about him. Happy for him to start, preferred he was replaced though. I’d honestly prefer to see Keane get a run instead

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wall of Whiner is what I hear. He can be brilliant or a liability. In some ways he’s proven me wrong but too many ways he’s confirmed my worries about him. Happy for him to start, preferred he was replaced though. I’d honestly prefer to see Keane get a run instead

Keane is a nightmare for switching off more than mina.  So slow too. 

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve really got no issue with Mina tbh. Keane scares the life out of me and we are just so lucky Holgate has stepped up in this fashion this year.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Keane is a nightmare for switching off more than mina.  So slow too. 

Mina causing all sorts of problems. Arsenal was a great example why

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I’ve really got no issue with Mina tbh. Keane scares the life out of me and we are just so lucky Holgate has stepped up in this fashion this year.

You know what to expect from Keane, Mina is unknown even to his own teammates 

On 28/02/2020 at 16:45, markjazzbassist said:

Walcott now fits better than he has but he is still so wasteful. He plays because he is quick and can transition well, certainly better than anyone else.

He is on a wedge though and I'm sure we could replace him for a lot less. 

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Mina causing all sorts of problems. Arsenal was a great example why

You know what to expect from Keane, Mina is unknown even to his own teammates 

That last line is the issue with Mina. He is very unorthodox and he must be hard to play alongside. 

Having said that he is still the most talented defender at the club but Im not sure how you build a team around him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In his defence - he was playing a ‘defensive’ role yesterday. His role was more of a containing brief which he and mainly Coleman achieved. Had he been fit, Sidibe would have been much better suited. Yes, he was non-existent, but I’d say he put decent effort in a role that he doesn’t really suit at all.

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

In his defence - he was playing a ‘defensive’ role yesterday. His role was more of a containing brief which he and mainly Coleman achieved. Had he been fit, Sidibe would have been much better suited. Yes, he was non-existent, but I’d say he put decent effort in a role that he doesn’t really suit at all.

I don't think that excuses him giving the ball away constantly. The same goes for the rest of them like.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think that excuses him giving the ball away constantly. The same goes for the rest of them like.

There is that but if the tactic was to nullify Liverpool’s threat (which most have failed to do), then I think we did it quite well and actually can feel a little unlucky that we didn’t snatch it. Iwobi, ironically, could have been the one to snatch it for us had Richarlison shown more awareness and squared it when Iwobi would have had an open goal to shoot at.