IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

If Carlo wants 4-4-2 I seriously can’t see him fitting in. I don’t think he has the engine to play that way 

Ancelotti's dissertation at University was based around the 4-4-2 formation which tells you everything you need to know about his views on it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it used going forward, especially considering our best performances under Ferguson came with it. 

442 isn't one formation. It's got many variations. Look at Leicester City in their title winning season compared to Burnley right now, completely different. Or even Athleticos narrow 442 which is highly successful.

Ancelotti has set up with many formations with different teams (or so I have read), so no guarantee he will set up 442 here.

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I hope we can recoup his value.  This is a brands dud for me, I never wanted him and he’s done nothing to prove he has talent.  

8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I’m assuming you have posted this in the wrong section 

If it is Iwobi related this is the Iwobi thread, them MJB is right, and I agree, he’s not doing it for me at all, all huff and puff without any end result.

On 22/12/2019 at 21:34, Zoo 2.0 said:

Ancelotti's dissertation at University was based around the 4-4-2 formation which tells you everything you need to know about his views on it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it used going forward, especially considering our best performances under Ferguson came with it. 

On 22/12/2019 at 21:39, Finn balor said:

4-4-2 is seen as old school these days. I’m sure the don knows his ideal formation but he has to have the players for that.  4-4-2 was how we had our best years and Ferguson at united thrived. We get neres and a good midfielder in jan and we will be pushing top 8

Finn touches on this for me. Regardless of formation Ancelotti isn't going to be playing "punt and run" as MJB puts it. He is going to want to play with possession and with accuracy. Napoli had an average of 56.2% this season and 87% accuracy. We aren't going to be able to get anywhere near that with the midfield players we have, even more so with just two of them. The only one that has any real quality on the ball is one of the first names people want out of the team. Whatever we saw under Ferguson is going to be nothing like what we see under Ancelotti.

• 1 month later...

He was below average for me which could be down to game time and lack of fitness, and we have seen much better from him in the past. 
His shooting was wank which as nothing to do with the above, he needs to work on that part of his game with extra hours on the training ground. 

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

not sure what this guy offers but in for yet another match he offered nothing.  i'm not a fan of this guy, i would like to see him sold.  what attributes does he have?  he doesn't seem pacey, not a goal scorer, not really an assist machine, other than being a warm body what does he give us?

The only issue when you want a player sold is you need to find a buyer. 

21 hours ago, Shukes said:

No fault of his own as he tries hard enough and has a decent touch ect, but he just isn’t effective for me.

This for me. He isn't involved enough in games. He works hard, has good technique, he finds decent pockets of space but he often doesn't do a lot when he is there with his final ball or shot. 

Physically he is strong, quick but not rapid. 

I see bits of a player there but it just doesn't seem to come together. Maybe a confidence issue too. 

On 26/02/2020 at 00:58, Bailey said:

This for me. He isn't involved enough in games. He works hard, has good technique, he finds decent pockets of space but he often doesn't do a lot when he is there with his final ball or shot. 

Physically he is strong, quick but not rapid. 

I see bits of a player there but it just doesn't seem to come together. Maybe a confidence issue too. 

West ham at Goodison was his best game. Played central, found space and played on the half turn.

He isn’t a traditional winger, needs to play inside off the wing.

Whats most alarming is his work rate has gone completely.

14 hours ago, Btay said:

West ham at Goodison was his best game. Played central, found space and played on the half turn.

He isn’t a traditional winger, needs to play inside off the wing.

Whats most alarming is his work rate has gone completely.

I agree about his position. He is similar to Bernard in that if they are left on the wing you won't see them involved in the game. 

I'm a fine one to talk but I always think he looks a bit 'heavy' too.

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

I agree about his position. He is similar to Bernard in that if they are left on the wing you won't see them involved in the game. 

I'm a fine one to talk but I always think he looks a bit 'heavy' too.

He’s strong, I see him similarly to the Ox at Liverpool and think he would be best in a midfield 3 but our current formation doesn’t allow that.

Its a transition for him right now, no longer the kid at Arsenal - he needs to improve and I’m sure he knows it but he has time in my eyes. 

Really wish he would work on his shooting though...