IGNORED

American (NFL) & College (NCAA) Football

30 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

rudolph hasn't been susupended.  only garrett, ogunjobi, and pouncey.  its a joke.  none of this would have happened had rudolph not ripped at garrett's helmet.  NFL is a joke we all know it, steelers is one of their favorite teams hence them getting off lightly.  they hate the browns, always have, let our franchise be stolen from us (see ravens).  it's a violent game.

Crazy.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

great game.  fun for the neutral.

I use to have following for the Chiefs in the early nineties, I’ve recorded it so will get round to watching in the next day or so. 
I heard on the news that Trump congratulated the 49ers to be honest not in the slightest surprised. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I use to have following for the Chiefs in the early nineties, I’ve recorded it so will get round to watching in the next day or so. 
I heard on the news that Trump congratulated the 49ers to be honest not in the slightest surprised. 

He actually congratulated Kansas but said, "You represented the Great State of Kansas...." Sadly for him Kansas City is in Missouri.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

He actually congratulated Kansas but said, "You represented the Great State of Kansas...." Sadly for him Kansas City is in Missouri.

Capture.JPG

Right I heard on the news something I thought it was he got the wrong team, obviously miss heard or they got it wrong. 

• 10 months later...

Covid has sucked but my Cleveland browns my hometown team have FInally got a winnjng season and are 1 win away from clinching a playofff spot for the first time in 18 years.  It’s been a real joy watching them this year, baker mayfield is back to his old self lookjng amazing.  Nick Chubb and Kareem hunt both old school running back duo dash and smash, and Myles Garrett beast mode on defense.  All the plaudits go to the coach though, Kevin Stefanski is the real deal.  He’s part of this new thing the browns are doing with Ivy League guys and analytics.  He played football at Penn, GM Andrew Barry played at Harvard, and director of strategy depodesta played at Harvard with Barry.  They rely more heavily on analytics like baseball.  It’s been fun, going for it on 4th downs now!

heck we still have a chance to win the division now that the Steelers are in free fall.

44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Covid has sucked but my Cleveland browns my hometown team have FInally got a winnjng season and are 1 win away from clinching a playofff spot for the first time in 18 years.  It’s been a real joy watching them this year, baker mayfield is back to his old self lookjng amazing.  Nick Chubb and Kareem hunt both old school running back duo dash and smash, and Myles Garrett beast mode on defense.  All the plaudits go to the coach though, Kevin Stefanski is the real deal.  He’s part of this new thing the browns are doing with Ivy League guys and analytics.  He played football at Penn, GM Andrew Barry played at Harvard, and director of strategy depodesta played at Harvard with Barry.  They rely more heavily on analytics like baseball.  It’s been fun, going for it on 4th downs now!

heck we still have a chance to win the division now that the Steelers are in free fall.

I've managed to get to the fantasy footy championship final.... I really don't know how.  I've had Zeke Elliot and Hollywood Marquis as my 2 too picks. Travis Kelce has been my difference Vs other side's. 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I've managed to get to the fantasy footy championship final.... I really don't know how.  I've had Zeke Elliot and Hollywood Marquis as my 2 too picks. Travis Kelce has been my difference Vs other side's. 

I took Kelce early in both my leagues this year as well and its worked out to say the least! 

Whilst I have managed to get to the final in one league, I won the regular season in the other before losing in the semi to the lowest ranked qualifier! 🤬

40 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I took Kelce early in both my leagues this year as well and its worked out to say the least! 

Whilst I have managed to get to the final in one league, I won the regular season in the other before losing in the semi to the lowest ranked qualifier! 🤬

My team is shite.... Nabbed gio Bernard and Antonio brown this week on the waiver.... They could be the difference 

On 23/12/2020 at 17:28, Bailey said:

Same here, but I managed to win the third place game. 🙄

Congrats to you, Mark. As a Minnesota sports fan (and Everton), I know all too well the long wait for success. It has taken years off my life, supporting these teams that never quite make it there. 

Except for! My beloved Green Bay Packers! Grew up watching and loving them in the early-mid 90's, the only non-MN sports team I support. What a season for Rodgers, and, if he doesn't win MVP, it will be a travesty. Love that the NFC championship will be decided at Lambeau. 

Maybe a Browns/Packers Super Bowl??

43 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Congrats to you, Mark. As a Minnesota sports fan (and Everton), I know all too well the long wait for success. It has taken years off my life, supporting these teams that never quite make it there. 

Except for! My beloved Green Bay Packers! Grew up watching and loving them in the early-mid 90's, the only non-MN sports team I support. What a season for Rodgers, and, if he doesn't win MVP, it will be a travesty. Love that the NFC championship will be decided at Lambeau. 

Maybe a Browns/Packers Super Bowl??

aaron rogers is the most underrated QB of all time, which is saying something.  if the guy played somewhere else they'd be talking about him like they do Tom Brady.  he's been so consistently excellent (not good, excellent) over his career.  one year i think he threw only 5 interceptions the whole year, that unto itself is just unfathomable.  

i didn't realize you were up in MN, where you at?  minneapolis?  

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

aaron rogers is the most underrated QB of all time, which is saying something.  if the guy played somewhere else they'd be talking about him like they do Tom Brady.  he's been so consistently excellent (not good, excellent) over his career.  one year i think he threw only 5 interceptions the whole year, that unto itself is just unfathomable.  

i didn't realize you were up in MN, where you at?  minneapolis?  

Agreed on Rodgers. We've been incredibly spoiled, as we've really only had two QB's for the last 25 years. That's unheard of. 

Grew up in the twin cities, moved out to NYC a few years ago but am back in MN for the time being due to covid

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Agreed on Rodgers. We've been incredibly spoiled, as we've really only had two QB's for the last 25 years. That's unheard of. 

Grew up in the twin cities, moved out to NYC a few years ago but am back in MN for the time being due to covid

ah gotcha.  yeah i been up to the twin cities a couple times, played a couple gigs up there, first ave and the varsity, i had a great time in the city.  saw a great dub/reggae act in the area around the varsity after our show, it was a late night bar band but they went out and i was into it.

Loving the Rodgers praise. I'm a huge Green Bay fan. I started following them after their SB win in 96-97 season. I'm sure you guys know, but Favre is from MS and went to USM in Hattiesburg (which is where I'm from and live now), and watching him in that SB still sticks with me. 

But Rodgers definitely deserves the MVP. Before the season started, the "experts" were writing him off... again. 

Also, MJB, congrats to the Browns. They've actually turned into a fun team to watch. I'm rooting for them to go far in the playoffs. 

yeah they write off rodgers every year, i remember him at Cal, he was sensational in college too.  had a friend that knew him growing up in Chico CA, said he was a chill guy.  if he was on a NY team they would talk about him till blue in the face, sadly he gets less love up in GB.  

I really hope the chiefs get beat this year, i like variety and would like to see the Bills (i don't think the browns have a chance at a legit shot) from the AFC.  NFC Saints or Packers would be nice.  I'm picking the Bills to go all the way, that defense is downright nasty and i really like Josh Allen.  Some rustbelt bias sure, but i got love for the bills.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah they write off rodgers every year, i remember him at Cal, he was sensational in college too.  had a friend that knew him growing up in Chico CA, said he was a chill guy.  if he was on a NY team they would talk about him till blue in the face, sadly he gets less love up in GB.  

I really hope the chiefs get beat this year, i like variety and would like to see the Bills (i don't think the browns have a chance at a legit shot) from the AFC.  NFC Saints or Packers would be nice.  I'm picking the Bills to go all the way, that defense is downright nasty and i really like Josh Allen.  Some rustbelt bias sure, but i got love for the bills.

I wouldn't be against the Bills winning, but I have a soft spot for KC. Mahomes will go down as one of the greatest ever. Always rooting for the Packers. Not a fan of the Saints though. 

21 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

ah gotcha.  yeah i been up to the twin cities a couple times, played a couple gigs up there, first ave and the varsity, i had a great time in the city.  saw a great dub/reggae act in the area around the varsity after our show, it was a late night bar band but they went out and i was into it.

I've had a few friends who have been fortunate enough to perform at first ave. Been to plenty of shows there, definitely a special place to hear music. That must've been pretty special to have played there

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

@markjazzbassistJust saw that your head coach and 5 others are gonna be out for the game on Saturday due to covid. Must be so frustrating after all these years waiting for a playoff spot. Hopefully it'll inspire them to victory

yeah but honestly after decades of futility a winning season was my only target.  11 wins was icing on the cake, playoffs was the happy ending!  lol.  so i'm not expecting much out of this, our defense is bad and we need to reinforce in the offseason, i think next year, year 2 of stefanski as HC and we can give the ravens and steelers a run for their money.  playing with house money this season IMO

On 05/01/2021 at 13:41, markjazzbassist said:

yeah but honestly after decades of futility a winning season was my only target.  11 wins was icing on the cake, playoffs was the happy ending!  lol.  so i'm not expecting much out of this, our defense is bad and we need to reinforce in the offseason, i think next year, year 2 of stefanski as HC and we can give the ravens and steelers a run for their money.  playing with house money this season IMO

Well it's 28-0 before the end of the first quarter. Looks like you might've underestimated, Mark!

14 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Browns win, fireworks going off in my neighborhood, my family is going nuts.  This is huge.  We play KC next week but who cares, we made the playoffs and beat the Steelers first time in 25 years.  Hell yes.  I’m drunk as a skunk

That opening quarter was one of the most impressive things I've seen in a football game

On 10/01/2021 at 22:51, markjazzbassist said:

Browns win, fireworks going off in my neighborhood, my family is going nuts.  This is huge.  We play KC next week but who cares, we made the playoffs and beat the Steelers first time in 25 years.  Hell yes.  I’m drunk as a skunk

I love it when any team beats the Steelers.

Still plenty of time left in this one, 17-3 now, but jesus the chiefs are an excellent team. Have to be the favorites to win it all this year.

Edit: That touchback will probably end up being the play of the game. Could easily have swung the momentum to Cleveland before the half. Worried it might deflate their confidence and KC will just dominate from here on out