IGNORED

At Petes request, a poll.

StevO

At Petes request, are we better off without Gana?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are we better off without Gana?

• Yes
    • No

It’s to early to say on the playing front, but because I was given no option but to make a yes or no decision now, I would have to say yes based on the fact he wanted to leave, and no one can convince me  that having players that have publicly said they want to leave is good for the dynamics of the team, so yes we are better off and if truth be known that was why he was allowed to leave. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

So from the other thread, Pete thinks “most” have changed their mind on Gana and now think similar to him. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Can you an option of “too early to tell”? Can’t do it on my phone. 

That would defeat the question in the poll, which is "are we better off" (present tense); what may or may not happen down the line is conjecture so inadmissible. Objection denied👨‍⚖️.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

That would defeat the question in the poll, which is "are we better off" (present tense); what may or may not happen down the line is conjecture so inadmissible. Objection denied👨‍⚖️.

Then I can’t answer the question 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Today Gomes held the midfield together when we were under the cosh. If we had Gana next to Gbamin no doubt we'd have given away more chances than we did today. 

Gbamin was Gana’s replacement so that’s an unlikely scenario. Gana would have done a better job than Gbamin today but that’s not to say that Gbamin won’t develop into a player of Gana’s quality.

40 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Gbamin was Gana’s replacement so that’s an unlikely scenario. Gana would have done a better job than Gbamin today but that’s not to say that Gbamin won’t develop into a player of Gana’s quality.

Gbamin is the DM, Gomes moved into the CM role. Either way both offered more than just pressing. Gana isn't as comfortable in the ball as either or as solid positionally. All he would have added is the unpredictability of running round like a headless chicken and giving needless free kicks away. Today I was bored second half, which is a step up from fearing the big gaps Gana used to leave. 

Just now, pete0 said:

Gbamin is the DM, Gomes moved into the CM role. Either way both offered more than just pressing. Gana isn't as comfortable in the ball as either or as solid positionally. All he would have added is the unpredictability of running round like a headless chicken and making me fear we're gonna concede whereas today I was more bored second half which is much better than fearing the big gaps Gana used to leave. 

Marco talks about Gbamin replacing Gana, Gana was the more defensive of the two last year. Gomes hasn’t moved into any role, he’s carried on with the same role he had last season. Nothing has changed in the set up. The only difference is Gbamin is not pressing from the front. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

Marco talks about Gbamin replacing Gana, Gana was the more defensive of the two last year. Gomes hasn’t moved into any role, he’s carried on with the same role he had last season. Nothing has changed in the set up. The only difference is Gbamin is not pressing from the front. 

Gbamin is the one getting between the defenders to pick up the ball. That was Gomes' role last year, with Gana further forward. 

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

But far too early to pose that question when we had only played one game at the time of asking, should have been asked midway through the season to get a fair assessment. 

But I can see why it wasn’t the Ganaretts may  have looked silly saying no when in 19 games time it might be an obvious yes.

So inconclusive or should it be yes because the result against Palace away last year was exactly the same as this year without him in the team, so therefore that is conclusive evidence we didn’t miss him, so go straight to jail and do not pass go. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But far too early to pose that question when we had only played one game at the time of asking, should have been asked midway through the season to get a fair assessment. 

But I can see why it wasn’t the Ganaretts may  have looked silly saying no when in 19 games time it might be an obvious yes.

So inconclusive or should it be yes because the result against Palace away last year was exactly the same as this year without him in the team, so therefore that is conclusive evidence we didn’t miss him, so go straight to jail and do not pass go. 

Feel free to ask the question after 19 games, you might get a different result:).

Unless we follow the Brexit model where emerging evidence/opinion/knowledge is ignored and stick blindly to the initial uninformed outcome:otvwhistle:.

I think your asking the wrong question. 

We haven’t just lost Gana. We have made a few really good signings. If we had Gana, and all these signings, then we would be better off than we are now.

Do I think the new team and structure will be better? Yes I do. We have better options, we have more depth, and we have players that can only improve.

Having DCL on for 70 minutes and managing to change him for Kean was great to see, and gives us our fabled plan B.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I think your asking the wrong question. 

We haven’t just lost Gana. We have made a few really good signings. If we had Gana, and all these signings, then we would be better off than we are now.

Do I think the new team and structure will be better? Yes I do. We have better options, we have more depth, and we have players that can only improve.

Having DCL on for 70 minutes and managing to change him for Kean was great to see, and gives us our fabled plan B.

Yeah and just imagine if we reversed the DCL Kean comment we may have got a couple more goals. 

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Feel free to ask the question after 19 games, you might get a different result:).

Unless we follow the Brexit model where emerging evidence/opinion/knowledge is ignored and stick blindly to the initial uninformed outcome:otvwhistle:.

Isn’t that what we’ve been doing with the Ps for the last twelve months haha?

Just now, Palfy said:

Yeah and just imagine if we reversed the DCL Kean comment we may have got a couple more goals. 

I think the manager played it perfect mate.

They were set up to defend DCL and we changed it around. If they were set up to defend Kean it may have been a completely different game for him.

Marco got us 3 points and a clean sheet. 

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Isn’t that what we’ve been doing with the Ps for the last twelve months haha?

Only 12 Gana had been pissing me off for 24 but mercifully the bad days are now over, and I will be able to watch a game without worrying about what is next fuck up is going to be 😉