IGNORED

Sheffield United (Home) Saturday September 21st

markjazzbassist

38 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I would go for that team. I can see why he may use DCL I’m away matches, but we really need pace and direct play at home.

Got my tickets for this one too.

Agreed. No doubt the Bournemouth match wasn't the scoreline we needed but I'm not going to crush Marco over it. DCL was a sensible selection as I'm sure he was willing to cede possession to Bournemouth at home and catch their slow back 4 on the counter. Absolutely no way he could have predicted Eddie to pick that team. Fair play to Eddie for throwing a curveball at us. 

If Schneiderlin starts at home against Sheffield United I'll lose my f***ing mind. 

Pickford 

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Delph Gomes/Davies

Richarlison Gylfi Iwobi

Kean

On 15/09/2019 at 20:57, markjazzbassist said:

Anything less than 3 points and I’ll be disappointed.  They are not good and we are home.

Pickford

coleman keane Mina digne

Delph davies

richarlison gylfi bernard

Kean

I like that line up, but I would make one change which is Iwobi for Bernard. 

What about 4-1-3-2?

Delph

Iwobi.          Gilfi.       Bernard

Keane     Charly 

Or 

Delph

Charly.        Iwobi.      Bernard

Keane.   Tosun 

If the team doesn’t give the reaction we want after the Bournemouth game and we don’t win this, with good control of the game then we could be heading for a very mediocre season. 

The players and the management need to start showing the large investment over the summer was the right investment, and I know people will say there are no easy games in this league but if we can’t beat Sheffield at home and make it look comfortable then for me that would be shocking after another huge money spree.

Time to use the squad for what it was designed for, to give us options so those not playing well can be dropped.

Pickford

Coleman          Keane           Mina       Dinge

Delph       Davies

Richy                  Bernard                Iwobi

Keane

I assume that Gomes will not be playing due to rib injury.

I want Richy, Bernard and Iwobi to rotate, got to start fast and keep aggressive and attacking.

On 18/09/2019 at 14:18, Heath said:

Go for a more pacey attacking approach upfront. Give Richarlison his chance as a striker and run their defence ragged with three tricky fast players. See... there's a reason I'm not a manager 😜

Everton .jpg

Heath if you were trying to get yourself a start on Sky Sports, you messed your chance of an interview up Pickford isn’t a CB😳

Sheff Utd do this weird overlapping CB thing and they end up with strange overloading situations down the flanks. I dont quite know how it works and how to play against it best but something is telling me that it could be the type of thing we hate. A bit like Bournemouth going two up top and flooding the CBs we could end up in a similar position with the FB and CB if one of the wingers or centre mids is caught up field. They tend to target one side so I presume that would be between Keane and Coleman.

I think 442 would allow them too many easy overlapping situations once they had gone through the initial press. I would play a true 433 and probably drop Siggy for Davies and slot him in the midfield alongside Delph with Schneiderlin behind so that he can focus on covering these strange attacking CBs.

The Opta stats don't make fit pleasant reading 

Everton have lost three of their last four Premier League games against promoted sides (W1), as many as they had in their previous 44 in the competition (W25 D16 L3).

Everton have conceded 19 goals via set-pieces under Marco Silva in the Premier League (excluding penalties); more than any other team in this period (since Aug 2018).

Everton have failed to win any of the 20 Premier League matches in which they've gone behind under Marco Silva (W0 D4 L16). In fact, Silva hasn't won any of his last 24 PL games when his sides have gone behind, since Watford won 2-1 versus Leicester in December 2017 (W0 D5 L19).

https://www.skysports.com/football/everton-vs-sheff-utd/408035?fbclid=IwAR38fggQyNOWFWCxhJ_yECSVri62pzMHNqbrkXTCQY3EzBbhJ0UcEkN0meY