IGNORED

Burnley (Away) Saturday October 5th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, chicagoblue said:

Don't think I've ever seen digne cross so poorly.

Schneiderlin or Delph need to come off. Don't really care who goes in 

Digne needs space and isn’t getting it. He needs Bernard ahead of him. 

Double sub at half time; Morgan for Gomes, Richarlison for Bernard and switch the wingers

15 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

irrelevant of who the manager is surely after this start you have to query whether the players and the system is working and change it he doesn't do either except rotate wingers and strikers

We're playing exactly the same system as we did under Koeman two years ago. I cannot for the life of me understand how, two managers and a new DoF later, the tactical approach hasn't changed. 

I'll be honest this feels like all the time with koeman/alladyce or Bobby M last few months.I am watching games expecting nothing and not even caring if we lose because I know it will be the same excuses same team talk and then silva will be let go after the rot continues. Since the 5th place with Bobby M every season feels like it peters out into nothing hoping to god next year will be better.

By far we are the better team. Iwobi should have scored that one.

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Anyone have a decent stream? Pm please.

Mine is like Everton, keeps fading out.

livetv.sx, there are plenty of browser links and an acestream link with great quality, but with russian comentary.

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

We're playing exactly the same system as we did under Koeman two years ago. I cannot for the life of me understand how, two managers and a new DoF later, the tactical approach hasn't changed. 

But also what doesn't change is players don't get dropped or subbed when they are playing shit. What is the manager seeing in Morgan Gylfi Digne DCL or Delph that he thinks that means they get back in the next week. If you go for a 2 x DM system but ship goals to the bottom half teams and don't score do you not think lets play one dm and give them more to worry about in attack.

Pickford looking solid

Coleman looking mostly solid but nothing much going forward and a few mistakes at the back. Some his, some Richarlison not being anywhere near 

Mina, Keane - both solid so far but Mina has been better of the 2 

Digne - mixed bag but way below his usual standards 

Morgan and Delph - shite. I mean really bad. How they havent waltzed through us is only because they’ve not really tried  

siggy - if no one passes the ball to you what can you do?! GIVE HIM THE FUCKING BALL!!!

Richarlison - is apparently playing. Not sure what he’s doing but...

DCL - won every ball I think for what it’s worth, but no one around him  sound familiar?

iwobi - some good some bad. But at least he goes forward unless he’s pinned  

Well that was a pathetic first half of professional football. Both teams playing their own unique brand of hit and hope. For a second I thought Allardyce was back at the helm.

We are so static its unreal. Yes there is a lot of long and wide balls from midfield or defence but Burnley aren't pressing us so there are times when he have hours on the ball but no-one is moving. Delph and Schneiderlin are rotating a bit but the rest stood around like they are in the crowd. Iwobi is probably the one person finding space to play in and making himself available but DCL, Richarlison and Siggy are happy for the rest to do the work while they watch on.

Big changes in attitude need to be made at half time. I would hook Siggy straight away. I dont care how good he can be on the ball because he clearly didnt want any part of it out there today. Get Davies on to at least let him move around the pitch, dragging defenders with him and then hook one of the two sitting players for Gomes in the hope that we can start passing the ball with a bit more quality. At least with him and Davies we shouldnt be so static. I would also like to see Kean and Bernard on for DCL and Richarlison because at least they move sideways as well as just forwards and backwards but Im not sure the ref will allow it unless we have a good make up artist in the dressing room and some stilts for Bernard.

Lets hope the second half improves.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Pickford looking solid

Coleman looking mostly solid but nothing much going forward and a few mistakes at the back. Some his, some Richarlison not being anywhere near 

Mina, Keane - both solid so far but Mina has been better of the 2 

Digne - mixed bag but way below his usual standards 

Morgan and Delph - shite. I mean really bad. How they havent waltzed through us is only because they’ve not really tried  

siggy - if no one passes the ball to you what can you do?! GIVE HIM THE FUCKING BALL!!!

Richarlison - is apparently playing. Not sure what he’s doing but...

DCL - won every ball I think for what it’s worth, but no one around him  sound familiar?

iwobi - some good some bad. But at least he goes forward unless he’s pinned  

We must be watching different games... Coleman has been terrible, the DM pair have done exactly what Silva would have wanted from them even if that isnt particularly what we might want, Siggy doesnt want the ball even when we give it to him and DCL may have technically "won" the ball but it usually goes straight to a Burnley player. Some of his touches towards our goal make Lukaku look like Messi.

What are the board seeing in Silva? I don't want to be the club that flips its manager every season but we aren't getting a top 4 manager we are getting a top 8 manager and then the system they play just eeks out a mid table season every year. since Bobby's good season. I suppose the question is do I feel the form/results will get better under silva enough to get top 6 or even top 4. Definitely not. Do I feel the board could attract anyone better. No. I think we are saying we want to be top 6 but we don't exhibit real ambition we don't buy players that as much as possible guarantee a perfomance. We need to buy a Luis Suarez or a Van Dyke a player who really can move us on. Zaha for me would have been a step in the right direction. We should have got vardy 2/3 years a go. We buy potential from abroad but no guarantees. We buy iwobi or walcott but I wonder why arsenal let them go.

Just now, Bailey said:

We must be watching different games... Coleman has been terrible, the DM pair have done exactly what Silva would have wanted from them even if that isnt particularly what we might want, Siggy doesnt want the ball even when we give it to him and DCL may have technically "won" the ball but it usually goes straight to a Burnley player. Some of his touches towards our goal make Lukaku look like Messi.

I was expecting that response from you to be honest. Not sure what you want someone to do if no one passes it to them. That’s been a reoccurring theme

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I was expecting that response from you to be honest. Not sure what you want someone to do if no one passes it to them. That’s been a reoccurring theme

It's two fold Matt. If he was running around the pitch screaming for it I would agree with you but he isn't. 

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It's two fold Matt. If he was running around the pitch screaming for it I would agree with you but he isn't. 

I can only see the TV and the camera is never in the centre of the attacking part of the field for us.