IGNORED

Is it time to bring back Moyes

Palfy

Have we got to the stage in the last 6-7 years that we could do no worse than give Moyes another crack, after all he did a lot better than the last lot and with no money. 
I know it’s said you should never go back but sometimes people and things are meant for each other, and there’s no doubting he gets us and we get him. 

58 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Have we got to the stage in the last 6-7 years that we could do no worse than give Moyes another crack, after all he did a lot better than the last lot and with no money. 
I know it’s said you should never go back but sometimes people and things are meant for each other, and there’s no doubting he gets us and we get him. 

Same dog, different fleas, would be strong defensively but poor going forward. He was tactically inept which was found out at UTD.

I have seriously been considering this. He did know how to get the best out of the players he had. Could he get the current players fighting?

Lets face it, we can’t do much worse than we are at the moment.

He obviously wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn’t be upset if he came here to replace Silva, if nothing better was available.

He wouldn’t be my first choice, but if it happened I wouldn’t moan. 

I think the problem with Moyes is that he is a slow burner, he needs to get his whole set up around him. Get all of his ideas in place across the club and then you see the best of him. I think that’s why all of these short term jobs haven’t worked for him. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

He wouldn’t be my first choice, but if it happened I wouldn’t moan. 

I think the problem with Moyes is that he is a slow burner, he needs to get his whole set up around him. Get all of his ideas in place across the club and then you see the best of him. I think that’s why all of these short term jobs haven’t worked for him. 

I don't see Moyes working with a DoF set up. One of Moyes's big strengths for us was recruitment and he ran the scouting set up. Moshiri has changed the management structure so we should be looking at coaches who can improve what they're given to work with. To be fair that was what Silva was meant to be. Just turns out he's not very good at it. 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

I don't see Moyes working with a DoF set up. One of Moyes's big strengths for us was recruitment and he ran the scouting set up. Moshiri has changed the management structure so we should be looking at coaches who can improve what they're given to work with. To be fair that was what Silva was meant to be. Just turns out he's not very good at it. 

Very good point mate, didn’t even cross my mind to be fair. 

It was good to see everyone’s view a resounding no seems to be the order of the day. 
I posted the question because I thought it would be very interesting to get everyone’s opinions because the way things are at the moment you never know, and with Bill still around it could always be a possibility. 
I personally think no, he did a wonderful job for us on one and sometimes the smallest budget of most teams every season he was here. 
But I feel the game as moved on especially in the premier league and his style of football is  maybe not what would get you success, but if he ever got the chance I don’t think I would be up in arms there’s a respect in me for him that my curiosity would want to see if he could do a job for us again. 

We have too many players underperforming, not earning their wages.  We need a manager who can sort them out.  It is obvious that Silva is not that manager, he is clueless on selection, tactics, substitutions. The problems are clear for all to see except, it seems, Silva who makes the same decisions game after game.  Its as though if he changes something it is like admitting that he got it wrong in the first place.  I don't think the players have any respect for him.  I think Moyes could sort the situation out, but like Fat Sam, on a short-term basis.

51 minutes ago, johnh said:

We have too many players underperforming, not earning their wages.  We need a manager who can sort them out.  It is obvious that Silva is not that manager, he is clueless on selection, tactics, substitutions. The problems are clear for all to see except, it seems, Silva who makes the same decisions game after game.  Its as though if he changes something it is like admitting that he got it wrong in the first place.  I don't think the players have any respect for him.  I think Moyes could sort the situation out, but like Fat Sam, on a short-term basis.

The subs thing seems to be accepted wisdom throughout the leagues now; sixty minutes *ding* it's time to make changes whether you're ahead or behind, does my nut in.

If Moyes and Martinez would work together as joint managers, yes. Moyes would sort out the defence for good, and Martinez would have us playing exciting, attractive, and attacking football. That would be quite a partnership - except that neither has the ego to work with another or with a director of football - not to mention double the manager salary.

17 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

If Moyes and Martinez would work together as joint managers, yes. Moyes would sort out the defence for good, and Martinez would have us playing exciting, attractive, and attacking football. That would be quite a partnership - except that neither has the ego to work with another or with a director of football - not to mention double the manager salary.

Who would look after the midfield 🤔?