IGNORED

10 managers to choose from

10 managers to choose from  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to be the next manager - if these were your only choices (in alpha order)?

• Mikel Arteta
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Eddie Howe
    • Marcelino
    • Jose Mourinho
    • David Moyes
    • Phil Neville
    • Gareth Southgate
    • David Unsworth

I’ve gone for Arteta.

We have a good sporting director. We have young players and a new stadium on the way. I would love us to bring in someone like Arteta and support him, while letting him build himself and the team.

I know others say they aren’t prepared to let someone use us to build themselves up, but I am if it’s someone related to our club. And I think Arteta fits that profile.

10 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Rafa.

RS son (I know!) just texted and said DM is favourite. Suppose he'd be cheap if they have to pay Silva off.

I'll eat my hat if Moyes comes back.  Like it or not we've recruited a team with no shortage of big ego players.  Need a real figure in the dressing room to put a stamp on the team. 

6 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Im not sure with recent history and the managers who have failed, are we manageable im not sure we are.

Something at the club is stopping us from moving on, i dont know the answer but its more than just bringing in another new face.

Thinks its the hunger in the players that we are missing. We were good under Moyes because he got the diamonds from the Championship in - Gave them the chance to play in the prem and excel, band of brothers like. Who have we signed recently that is the same?

Pickford???

Rest are either here for money or to salvage their career. Need more of the Cahills, Lescotts, Jags....

Mikel Arteta - He's never managed, so I don't particularly want him to use Everton to test the water, so to speak. Lots of supporters were saying we need to stop the sentimentality and 'jobs for the boys' attitude, yet there are so many shouts for Arteta

Eddie Howe - Won the League Championship in the 14/15 season. Could be the man to re-establish us in a healthy 8th or 7th place, ready for a better manager to come in and move us forward from there. But would he want to come to Everton?

David Moyes - Brought Everton close to actually winning something in the last 24 years by getting us to our last FA Cup final, ten years ago. Looked completely out of his depth at other clubs since leaving Everton. 

Phil Neville - Even if he was a top manager... wild horses couldn't drag him away from all that young p*ssy he's managing right now. Why would you give that up to sit in a changing room full of sweaty, hairy-arsed men?

Gareth Southgate - Appeared to think that taking England to one of the easiest World Cup semi-finals the National Team have ever played in was good thing, even though they struggled to beat Tunisia, and got beat by Belgium (twice) and Croatia.

David Unsworth - He may have learnt from the mistakes he made last time he took over, but would he ever be more than an interim manager? Could he really command the respect needed from the players? 

I wanted Farhad Moshiri to give Silva until the end of the year, but now I would give him until the Watford Carabao Cup game, at most, whilst sounding out a potential replacement just in case.

We are going to need someone who has experience in dragging clubs out of the mire of the relegation zone (or there about), someone with a no-nonsense attitude, and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done... even if it's not pretty. Yes folks, hold on to your hats because he's coming back. Hated by all, loved by none, never wanted when here, and happy when he's gone. Get the gravy on a simmer and welcome him home with open arms... Big Sam Allardyce. 

9 hours ago, Heath said:

Mikel Arteta - He's never managed, so I don't particularly want him to use Everton to test the water, so to speak. Lots of supporters were saying we need to stop the sentimentality and 'jobs for the boys' attitude, yet there are so many shouts for Arteta

Eddie Howe - Won the League Championship in the 14/15 season. Could be the man to re-establish us in a healthy 8th or 7th place, ready for a better manager to come in and move us forward from there. But would he want to come to Everton?

David Moyes - Brought Everton close to actually winning something in the last 24 years by getting us to our last FA Cup final, ten years ago. Looked completely out of his depth at other clubs since leaving Everton. 

Phil Neville - Even if he was a top manager... wild horses couldn't drag him away from all that young p*ssy he's managing right now. Why would you give that up to sit in a changing room full of sweaty, hairy-arsed men?

Gareth Southgate - Appeared to think that taking England to one of the easiest World Cup semi-finals the National Team have ever played in was good thing, even though they struggled to beat Tunisia, and got beat by Belgium (twice) and Croatia.

David Unsworth - He may have learnt from the mistakes he made last time he took over, but would he ever be more than an interim manager? Could he really command the respect needed from the players? 

I wanted Farhad Moshiri to give Silva until the end of the year, but now I would give him until the Watford Carabao Cup game, at most, whilst sounding out a potential replacement just in case.

We are going to need someone who has experience in dragging clubs out of the mire of the relegation zone (or there about), someone with a no-nonsense attitude, and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done... even if it's not pretty. Yes folks, hold on to your hats because he's coming back. Hated by all, loved by none, never wanted when here, and happy when he's gone. Get the gravy on a simmer and welcome him home with open arms... Big Sam Allardyce. 

Please don't joke about it. I didn't sleep well last night.

Missing so many good names that this was a bit pointless. I'd start with Ten Haag, look at Gallardo, consider Schmidt (although he would be huge risk but at least it would be entertaining). Not sure if Nagelsmann is out of our reach but he's not at a big club at the moment. And I'd check if van Bronckhorst will be the heir to the throne. If it's Arteta, then I'd go with him. At least he has managerial experience.

Oh, and stats boys seem to like Adolf Hutter.