IGNORED

10 managers to choose from

10 managers to choose from  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to be the next manager - if these were your only choices (in alpha order)?

• Mikel Arteta
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Eddie Howe
    • Marcelino
    • Jose Mourinho
    • David Moyes
    • Phil Neville
    • Gareth Southgate
    • David Unsworth

40 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

It's Real Madrid. 

The fans there idolise him and were even seen on camera in their thousands both inside and outside the Bernabeu singing his name, even when other coaches (Benitez, Solari and Zidane) were in power. 

Florentino Perez (President of Real Madrid) is still on really good terms with Josè and the whispers for some time havs been that he would appoint him again should the ship start to rock with Zinedine - which it has. 

There has been a power struggle all summer between Gareth Bale (who Perez idolises) and the management (Zidane and the fans). The transfer of Bale to China was all signed and ready to go only for the President to block it at the eleventh hour, which was the reason that Zidane resigned in the first place. This added to the rocky start to La Liga has called Zidane's tenure into question.

This has turned into a bit of a tangent about Real Madrid, so I'll leave it there. But yeah, don't get your hopes up mate. 

Just now, StevO said:

Isn’t everything rosey again in Madrid now? I’m sure I read they were top of the league by a few points. Surely they won’t sack Zidane while they are top of the league. Even they can’t be that irrational! Can they? 

yeah and bale starts again every match.  if money moshiri wants that attention grabbing headline, get mou in.  i tell you this, if we get mou i guarantee we are winning a trophy.  league cup, fa cup, doesn't matter, he's a winner.

7 minutes ago, Btay said:

Mourinho would need to have been seriously humbled by his united failings for me to even consider him. 

Failings? Both his years he got them into champions league, first year via the Europa and then a second place finish. I doubt any other manager in the world could have done the same with that squad. 

12 hours ago, pete0 said:

Failings? Both his years he got them into champions league, first year via the Europa and then a second place finish. I doubt any other manager in the world could have done the same with that squad. 

I agree to an extent but the question is over how much involvement he had over "that squad". He must have been involved in Lindelof and Bailly but then still wanted more players at CB. 

In his time he also brought in Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez, Dalot and Fred. It's now a lot harder to know who brought in who but they are a lot of talented players who failed to shine under him. If a manager got the best out of those players they would have done better than they did. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I agree to an extent but the question is over how much involvement he had over "that squad". He must have been involved in Lindelof and Bailly but then still wanted more players at CB. 

In his time he also brought in Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez, Dalot and Fred. It's now a lot harder to know who brought in who but they are a lot of talented players who failed to shine under him. If a manager got the best out of those players they would have done better than they did. 

I doubt many of them had good involvement. Mourinho would has profiles for players and I can't imagine him ever wanting the likes of Pogba due to his attitude or Sanchez who needs a free role whereas Mou likes players to stick to position, to a set role. Likewise the defenders, signings in general, are the young side whereas Mourinho tends to go for more experienced players. The only signings for definite that were influenced by him was Ibrahimovic, who was largely a success until his injury and Matic who was solid his first season although legs starting to go last year. 

The united faithful wanted Mourinho to stay and rid of Woodward (and Pogba). 

21 hours ago, StevO said:

Isn’t everything rosey again in Madrid now? I’m sure I read they were top of the league by a few points. Surely they won’t sack Zidane while they are top of the league. Even they can’t be that irrational! Can they? 

To win is not enough at Barcelona and Real Madrid. It's the reason that Guardiola took a sabbatical and why Valverde, despite winning two La Liga titles in two seasons is on the brink of going because he's doesn't play with "Barca DNA" and has struggled in the Champions League since joining. 

Real are top of the league, but they have been a shell of themselves. Barcelona are struggling so aren't putting too much pressure on, plus Club Brugge drew 2-2 with them in the Champions League at the Bernebeu with it being 2-0 to the Belgians until very late. 

Perez has been elected until 2021, but will want to start his 2020 campaign with the fans on side - most of them want Mourinho over Zidane for the reasons above and more. The sticking point is that it'll cost around €70-80m to sack him, which could be afforded but not alongside the transfer of Neymar (who they tried relentlessly to sign in the summer) or Mbappe,  a player who had his name sang for the entirety of Eden Hazard's reveal. 

It's always a circus at Real.

The big Fella's thoughts on Mourinho, in short one of the best in the world and not given enough time to build. Little dig at the kids for being on social media straight after the game. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11833097/man-united-too-quick-to-sack-jose-mourinho-says-marouane-fellaini?fbclid=IwAR3c_HkdIqxOLBnN_4SlenrLna0IR87YSYdpPQKiWRMWSieA5Xf28MNkUV4

On 11/10/2019 at 23:23, StevO said:

Fuck humble, we need some attitude. A bit of nasty wouldn’t go a miss at lovely Everton. 

I more mean he could be arrogant and think he is above us. I agree though, we need some steel and some one to install some desire and passion into this team.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

I more mean he could be arrogant and think he is above us. I agree though, we need some steel and some one to install some desire and passion into this team.

And someone to tell the players to moan at the referee, get in the opposition, and someone to have a moan about things to the press to get into the referees before the game. 

I don’t think Jose would think he is above us, I think he’d just get on with the job. If he win us trophies I don’t care either way to be honest. 

If we had a chance of getting Mourinho, I'd jump at it. We have one of the best squads we've had in years, but one of the worst teams. That's all on the manager. Pretty sure Mourinho would have them playing. Arteta would be my sentimental choice, Howe a big risk and Rafa probably the most pragmatic option. I just want to move on from Silva, really, so hope they decide soon.   

• 1 month later...

The manager we should be looking to bring in is Erik Ten Hag, currently the best manager in Holland at present and a fantastic tactician. 
He is carving a great reputation for himself in European football, let’s be first to make the move before it’s to late, after all we wouldn’t be giving  much up in Silva. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

The manager we should be looking to bring in is Erik Ten Hag, currently the best manager in Holland at present and a fantastic tactician. 
He is carving a great reputation for himself in European football, let’s be first to make the move before it’s to late, after all we wouldn’t be giving  much up in Silva. 

He's said he's going nowhere mid-season.