IGNORED

Whats everyone up to right now?

Cisk

10 hours ago, johnh said:

Went to the Doc's yesterday as I have been having more 'heart episodes' recently.  Doc is organising a visit to the Cardiologist.  Went to bed last night and had another episode! It wipes me out for a couple of days so I am just sat here on my computer.

Do these episodes happen to coincide with those times when you watch highlights of recent Everton games?

Seriously, be diligent in following up, John. Wishing you all the best. 

24 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Got a friend who is a personal trainer so after a little bit of convincing went the gym for the first time in two years. Rewarded myself with a takeaway curry, chippy chips and a few pints of Guinness. 

Nice work, Pete. I've been going back the last 4 weeks in a row. I used to be obsessed with working out but fell out when I had my daughter. 

The real reason I'm responding though is because I had chicken curry last night. Forgot how much I love Indian food (really all food, not picky at all). 

Having a sandwich at 2.25am after flight home was delayed.

Flight was made interesting by a young French woman having a complete melt-down due to turbulence; knew something was wrong because she locked herself in the toilet four times in the first half hour and then came out the last time and knelt down with her head in her hands at the front of the plane. Was about to alert stewardess when it became apparent that the crew had seen what was happening. I was in the front row (seat A1) and had an empty seat next to me with a Spanish guy in A3; the crew sat her down between us to try and calm her down and she ended up staying there for the rest of the flight. The Spanish guy spoke pretty good French and was brilliant with her and I chipped in with my limited French when I could, she still panicked at every little bump or change in engine note but we talked her down in the end.

10 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Nice work, Pete. I've been going back the last 4 weeks in a row. I used to be obsessed with working out but fell out when I had my daughter. 

The real reason I'm responding though is because I had chicken curry last night. Forgot how much I love Indian food (really all food, not picky at all). 

Family first always, but glad you've got a little spare time for yourself now 🙂. Said to my mate I'll go once a week for now see if I get the bug for it. Usually I get bored and stop going after a couple of months. 

Lamb saag balti for me. Same here used to have an Indian almost every week when I was in Manchester. Unsure how authentic the Indians are in the states but if they have Nihari on the menu give it a go, it's a slow cooked lamb shank in a spiced garlicy sauce. Unfortunately the takeaways by mine don't do it, don't have paneer either 😔

Thanks guys for your good wishes.  Feeling a lot better today.  Episode always lasts for 12 hours (almost to the minute) and once, when I was in hospital and wired up to computers, the Doc told me that heart rate was 228 beats per minute for the 12 hours. End up feeling like you have just run a marathon!  Have had it for about 15 years now but it doesn't get any easier! Used to get  7 or 8 episodes a year but as I am getting older they are increasing.  The really weird thing is, in a relatively short time, I go from struggling to get up out of a chair to being back to normal as though nothing ever happened.  

18 hours ago, Sibdane said:

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Lamb saag balti for me. Same here used to have an Indian almost every week when I was in Manchester. Unsure how authentic the Indians are in the states but if they have Nihari on the menu give it a go, it's a slow cooked lamb shank in a spiced garlicy sauce. Unfortunately the takeaways by mine don't do it, don't have paneer either 😔

Used to love a curry; king prawn madras with pilau rice and a mushroom bhajee was my "go to" meal. Was a brilliant place just round the corner from me when I lived in London and I maxed out my credit cards there every month😋.

Unfortunately after the health stuff mugged my taste buds they're wasted on me, given a "last meal" today I'd go for sausage, mash and beans.

Anyway what am I up to? Typing this at the moment obviously but I think I'll toddle on over to Netflix in a mo and watch another Star Trek DS9 episode.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Used to love a curry; king prawn madras with pilau rice and a mushroom bhajee was my "go to" meal. Was a brilliant place just round the corner from me when I lived in London and I maxed out my credit cards there every month😋.

Unfortunately after the health stuff mugged my taste buds they're wasted on me, given a "last meal" today I'd go for sausage, mash and beans.

Anyway what am I up to? Typing this at the moment obviously but I think I'll toddle on over to Netflix in a mo and watch another Star Trek DS9 episode.

That's a shame, at least your buds still find a beer good. Any chance the taste will come back? 

Worf's not long come into it for me. What ep you up to? 

Just now, Palfy said:

Sitting outside on a terrace in Spain drinking to much red, and pissing Rusty nail off 😂 I know it’s wrong but it’s done in the best possible taste.

Whats the weather like back yerm it’s lovely here 10:15 out in t shirt and shorts😍

Piss off Palfy!! 😂

25 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That's a shame, at least your buds still find a beer good. Any chance the taste will come back? 

Worf's not long come into it for me. What ep you up to? 

Sadly the taste has come back as much as it ever will but it doesn't really bother me any more, it's referred to widely among people who've had similar to me as the "new normal" and it beats the alternative!

Still in series one on DS9, episode thirteen. Funny how much I've forgotten but it is 20+ years since I watched it so hardly surprising.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sadly the taste has come back as much as it ever will but it doesn't really bother me any more, it's referred to widely among people who've had similar to me as the "new normal" and it beats the alternative!

Still in series one on DS9, episode thirteen. Funny how much I've forgotten but it is 20+ years since I watched it so hardly surprising.

With out appearing to take the piss although I’m pretty fucked, would it mean that £1.50 bottle of wine tastes as good as a £15.00 bottle of wine, if so I’ll consider it. 

Just now, Palfy said:

With out appearing to take the piss although I’m pretty fucked, would it mean that £1.50 bottle of wine tastes as good as a £15.00 bottle of wine, if so I’ll consider it. 

😂

The other positive to have come out of it is that I've not had a days illness in the last five and a half years, I don't know if there's any connection with the treatment but I've not had as much as a runny nose since; I wouldn't go so far as to recommend it as a preventative measure though but every cloud and all that.

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

You are a survivor Rubes thought you were going years ago, now post some tunes from the 70s and 80s me old music maestro. 

well I would but I have just spent a nice (he lied) few (More Than A Few) hours in A&E so I will be Off to bed For a day or so  LOL

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Job hunting and potentially having to move to the UK which will take any money I’ve saved and potentially put me in debt. 

Sorry to hear that Matt I thought things were going really well in Switzerland for you, with work and getting the citizenship, I obviously don’t know what’s gone but fingers crossed everything works out well for you. 

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Now you know we love each other really Palfy. And, just for the record, you have never pissed me off. You have given me a good giggle, for which I thank you, but you have never pissed me off. Life is too short.

Currently sat at home in Dubai, temperature well over 30 deg C, on Emergency Leave as it happens, nursing a poorly wife (bad flu) and a 3 year old daughter who has just returned home from 6 days in hospital with 'Kawasaki' disease. I thought it was just the name of a motor bike but the disease is named after the Japanese doctor who discovered it in the 1960's.

Appointment at the Paediatric Cardiologist on Monday to hopefully get the all clear to fly/drive to Penang Island via KL on Tuesday for 3 weeks in our penthouse. The routine is always the same. Fly to KL, a couple of days with the 'outlaws' then we borrow the brother in law's car for a couple of weeks and have a nice drive up the North/South highway and over the bridge to Penang Island. Drive back to KL about 3 days before the end of the holiday, return the car, more time with the 'outlaws' and then fly back to Dubai again.

Look we will never see eye to eye on the issue of Brexit, so possible in the best interests of diplomacy we try to avoid each other as much as possible on that subject. 
But I am genuinely sad to hear that your daughter is poorly, I’ve no idea what Kawasaki disease is or it’s symptoms but I wish her a speedy recovery and no lasting symptoms, but to have been hospitalised for 6 weeks tells me it’s quite serious. 
Best wishes to your family and I Hope everything turns out well.