IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Sunday November 3rd

markjazzbassist

That was a bit of a weird half as the game hasn't caught fire yet... well in truth there has barely been a spark.

I think it has been a solid half, everyone doing their bit and working hard but without a lot of creativity or quality. Gomes and Davies have nearly thread the ball through but not quite managed it and Richarlison has worked a couple half chances but not managed to really test their keeper. Generally with Gomes this is much more along the lines of what I would like to see from him. Getting forward and playing forward, not with his back to goal exchanging passes with the CBs.

We seem to have worked out the problems we were having down the right and since then Spurs haven't even looked like getting into the final third, let alone create a half chance.

The weakest link for us is Iwobi. I thought he looked like he was waiting to go to the pub in the tunnel and he has played a bit like that as well. I wouldnt change anything, as we don't have that natural sub with Bernard out and I can see Richarlison doing something from up front so I wouldn't want to move him wide as I'm not confident that Kean, DCL or Tosun would have the same effect. I want to see us get at Aurier though so if its still 0-0 with 20-30 minutes to go then I would consider getting Richarlison at him.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i like the 433 by the way, i like delph gomes and davies.  all can move the ball and all can defend (gomes less so).  they can be fluid interchanging too.

Agree, (again) it’s compact, strangely though I thought we would dominate the ball with the 3 possession based Cm’s. Still looking strong defensively 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

We're scared to pass a ball forward in the final third. Get to 442 and get the ball forward into the strikers feet these lot are low on confidence and will be unsettled with it. 

There's no fear of passing the ball forward. The movement from the front three has just been poor

1 minute ago, nogs said:

There's no fear of passing the ball forward. The movement from the front three has just been poor

This is where Iwobi is letting the side down most. Walcott and Richarlison are more vertical counter attack type players and their movement is more up and down than subtle where as Iwobi is the one that should be getting between the lines more and making himself available. I also think that Davies and Gomes need to step into the space a little quicker, they almost appear a bit hesitant, which isnt unsurprising.

Just now, Sibdane said:

I really hope they don't give it just because of Son's acting. So pathetic.

I can only think that it is the reason why... It didnt stop him getting to the ball until he flung himself to the ground.

Again makes the Keane decision last week more confusing.