IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

Look at the job wilder has done everywhere he has gone. He has the best win ratio for his teams that most other managers. That’s not coincidence. He has gone through the leagues and is making a mockery of the premier league. It annoys me that people dismiss someone like him just because he has gone through the leagues and isn’t foreign. How dare him. He has absolute belief in his formation and gets the best out of his players. 

Rafa is getting huge money so if he gave that up to join us that would give you an indication he is still hungry. He is still relatively young and has a point to prove. I’m not saying he is the answer but he is the one I’d be leaning towards if I had a gun to my head. Someone like naigelsman would good as his reputation is top drawer. 

Bailey I found your last post really bizarre. You really think Silva came to us a 'proven manager'? And yeah, I mentioned Wilder coz he has been a manager nearly 20 years, he's been round the block, learned his trade and now we're seeing the results of that at the highest level. Yet you list Bilic and Villas Boas as 'solid' - they did NOTHING in the PL. And do you really think Southgate would leave the England job for us right now?? 

And I dunno what you're on about half the players not caring. I'd say there are a handful of teams where that is a serious problem, and you seem to be suggesting that lack of effort isn't our problem, it's just our players are shite! 

Silva has come here and done exactly what he did at Hull and Watford, which was have a good run of games which put him in the spotlight as a good manager, which he isn’t. 
At Hull he got them back into a position to beat relegation, with some cracking results, but when it came to the last few games of that season he failed to deliver and they were relegated. 
Then off of the back of his good run at Hull he gets the Watford job, goes on a great run which gets Moshiri interested, then he goes on a bad run and gets sacked. 
Moshiri doesn’t learn the lesson from the last 2 clubs, which is starts off well and finishes poorly, so he brings him here for the same thing to happen to us, and some think he should be given more time to see if can change it, he has proven he can’t change it at other clubs why would he be able to do it here. 
To change it he has to change, but he seems incapable of being able to do that, and that is why we are in the position we are, teams play us knowing how we will play and how to beat us, and Silva lacks any tactical knowledge to stop it happening as proven in his last 2 teams. 
To give him the next 4, 5 or 6 games is crazier than I am, at that’s fucking crazy 😜 

5 hours ago, nogs said:

He brought through more youngsters than we've managed to since he left. Even though I still wished he'd been a bit braver blooding youngsters, his record wasn't that bad. 

Rooney aside there's not many, and I don't really think you can give too much credit for him as he was naturally better than any man at the club before he was even old enough to play for the first team. 

Vaughan, Anichebe, Rodwell, and Gosling all lost their careers to him (fortunately Rooney was a head of the curb growth wise otherwise he'd have possibly joined them on the scrap heap). Moyes didn't appreciate they were boys playing at all elite level, the pace of football and height of fitness having much more toil on their bodies than back in his day. 

The Ross Barkley situation was just weird as well, wouldn't use him and then sent him on dodgy loans to a manager that said he wouldn't suit their system and they wouldn't play him every week. 

Only player I can think he brought through was Coleman who he hung up to dry against Benfica but then had a good loan at Blackpool. When he did come in it was on the right wing for some much needed pace but even then Moyes left him there too long with the majority of fans calling him to move to right back before Moyes finally did. Even then Coleman probably learned more from Phil Neville than Moyes. 

11 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Rooney aside there's not many, and I don't really think you can give too much credit for him as he was naturally better than any man at the club before he was even old enough to play for the first team. 

Vaughan, Anichebe, Rodwell, and Gosling all lost their careers to him (fortunately Rooney was a head of the curb growth wise otherwise he'd have possibly joined them on the scrap heap). Moyes didn't appreciate they were boys playing at all elite level, the pace of football and height of fitness having much more toil on their bodies than back in his day. 

The Ross Barkley situation was just weird as well, wouldn't use him and then sent him on dodgy loans to a manager that said he wouldn't suit their system and they wouldn't play him every week. 

Only player I can think he brought through was Coleman who he hung up to dry against Benfica but then had a good loan at Blackpool. When he did come in it was on the right wing for some much needed pace but even then Moyes left him there too long with the majority of fans calling him to move to right back before Moyes finally did. Even then Coleman probably learned more from Phil Neville than Moyes. 

He brought in youngsters like Stones and players like Lescott and turned them into world class players going for millions and costing pennies. 
He gave us Arteta who was on the scrap heap in Spain, he got us Cahill for peanuts, he got Jagielka a relegated midfielder and turned him into one of the best CH in the league, he got us Baines and helped turn him into one of the best LB in the world. 
Moyes knows a player when he sees one, something that no one seems to know how to replicate since he left. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He brought in youngsters like Stones and players like Lescott and turned them into world class players going for millions and costing pennies. 
He gave us Arteta who was on the scrap heap in Spain, he got us Cahill for peanuts, he got Jagielka a relegated midfielder and turned him into one of the best CH in the league, he got us Baines and helped turn him into one of the best LB in the world. 
Moyes knows a player when he sees one, something that no one seems to know how to replicate since he left. 

Moyes didn't want Stones 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-scout-who-convinced-david-10015883.amp

Baines and Jagielka were both at the club as kids and let go. Moyes only used players that had already made it elsewhere. 

31 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Moyes didn't want Stones 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-scout-who-convinced-david-10015883.amp

Baines and Jagielka were both at the club as kids and let go. Moyes only used players that had already made it elsewhere. 

No he didn’t he brought players in and developed them, he couldn’t afford to buy the finished article, he had the smallest budget to work with nearly every year he was here. 
If you think Stones, Cahill, Lescott, Baines, Pienaar, Arteta, Fellani and Jagielka where all the finished article before they got here you’re very mistaken, he helped them become the finished article, and in doing so kept this club afloat through there sales. 

Eddie Howe.

Still only 41. Now in his 5th PL season. Knows the league. Has proven himself in the league. As far as I'm concerned, has gone above expectation with Bournemouth. Plays good football, Bournemouth are mostly good to watch as a neutral. His chance in a bigger pond is coming. And I think he'll do well when that chance comes.

Of course, he's English. Which in the mad world of English PL football makes him less desirable than an unknown foreigner.

isn't he an Evertonian too?

Edit: One of the common criteria amongst fans, or demands, is that the manager 'gets' Everton. He'd 'get' Everton...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eddie-howe-everton-dream-how-11275635

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Eddie Howe.

Still only 41. Now in his 5th PL season. Knows the league. Has proven himself in the league. As far as I'm concerned, has gone above expectation with Bournemouth. Plays good football, Bournemouth are mostly good to watch as a neutral. His chance in a bigger pond is coming. And I think he'll do well when that chance comes.

Of course, he's English. Which in the mad world of English PL football makes him less desirable than an unknown foreigner.

isn't he an Evertonian too?

Yes he is, and that’s not a bad shout. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Osman?

And isn't that a slight contradiction, saying he ruined certain lads careers by putting them through the mill physically but then not playing youngsters enough?? Vaughan was tragically unlucky. Rodwell, I dunno if he was born with dodgy hammies or just didn't have it upstairs to play at the top level. Anichebe didn't have much wrong with him physically, just wasn't a great footballer. 

53 minutes ago, nogs said:

Osman?

And isn't that a slight contradiction, saying he ruined certain lads careers by putting them through the mill physically but then not playing youngsters enough?? Vaughan was tragically unlucky. Rodwell, I dunno if he was born with dodgy hammies or just didn't have it upstairs to play at the top level. Anichebe didn't have much wrong with him physically, just wasn't a great footballer. 

Osman came to Moyes at 23 and had a good loan before he was even here, helped us get 4th but wasn't rated by Moyes who was willing to let him go to Portsmouth. Instead he stayed, got chances through injury, and played most of his career out of position. Moyes even played Arteta on the wing for how long!? 

I've named every youngster almost in his decade tenure and 4 out of 5 are crocks. That's piss poor management, one, for not bringing more through, and two, physically damaging them. They were kids and he was giving them an adults workload. 

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

Osman came to Moyes at 23 and had a good loan before he was even here, helped us get 4th but wasn't rated by Moyes who was willing to let him go to Portsmouth. Instead he stayed, got chances through injury, and played most of his career out of position. Moyes even played Arteta on the wing for how long!? 

I've named every youngster almost in his decade tenure and 4 out of 5 are crocks. That's piss poor management, one, for not bringing more through, and two, physically damaging them. They were kids and he was giving them an adults workload. 

Moyes was the one who sent Ossie out on loan, then integrated him into the first XI. And I don't get your point about 'adult workloads' at all. Are young players meant to put in less of a shift even if they're picked for the first team? I don't remember the likes of Vaughan and Anichebe playing many games from the start anyway. 

Been on the Howe bandwagon longer than most, and like Arteta also. Also don't hate the Moyes idea but only until the end of the season (especially if it means Tim Cahill on the coaching staff).

Just think it's exceptionally difficult for a club like ours to get a qualified manager midseason.

All that being said I'm going to completely contradict myself - made up my mind last night - we should be going full bore for Nuno Espirito Santo. 

2 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Been on the Howe bandwagon longer than most, and like Arteta also. Also don't hate the Moyes idea but only until the end of the season (especially if it means Tim Cahill on the coaching staff).

Just think it's exceptionally difficult for a club like ours to get a qualified manager midseason.

All that being said I'm going to completely contradict myself - made up my mind last night - we should be going full bore for Nuno Espirito Santo. 

What about an Arteta/Cahill tandem? My heart says yes, but my mind says no. 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

What about an Arteta/Cahill tandem? My heart says yes, but my mind says no. 

Kendall/Harvey seemed to work OK, though Kendall had previous number one status at Blackburn unlike Mikel.

If it worked it'd be just superb/unbelievable/goose bump time but it'd be a gamble; the fans (even those who think it's a bad idea) would be 100% behind them. Imagine the atmosphere at their first game, it'd blow your socks off! 

I’m more and more thinking Howe, he’s worked wonders with Bournemouth just to keep them in the league for as long as he has, but better than that they have never seemed to be relegation candidates, and that’s a testament to his managerial and tactical skills, when you look at the budget he has to work with it makes you wonder what he could achieve with a bit of money at a bigger club. 
We could do a lot worse, how could I forget we have and currently are😀

3 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I thought the very same, he’s doing a great job a Wolves, and shows some passion, which seems totally lacking in Marco.