IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Also means that this lad from China didn't withdraw interest. 

Strange one from Everton, seems like a pretty pointless statement, wonder why they chose to make it. 

I think it's because there will be a lot of disappointed Evertonians if they dont nip the story in the bud early.

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 16:18, MikeO said:

No secret that I've never been Duncs' biggest fan but wearing a suit and then taking off the jacket in the pissing rain in December in Manchester while his Norwegian opposite number has a puffer jacket zipped up to his chin? What the absolute fuck? What planet is he from?

Planet Everton :D

Apparently Ancelotti is signing and should be in charge for the Arsenal game, he is still in Italy tying up the lose ends on his Napoli contract, this according to jounos in England and Italy. 
It’s starting to sound more like we will be getting him as the new manager. 

If we get Ancellotti. My immediate thoughts are that he will raise the profile of the club in terms of transfers and also demand the respect of players. 

His cv demands respect, he's not a divisive character and he has worked with some of the very best in the game.

Example, Jordan pickford decides to question the manager when criticised for not coming out for a ball? Yeah well this bloke managed Buffon, Cassillas, Cech....  shut up and listen.

If we go for a player that is targetted by top 4, then we become a viable option due to the fact that we have attracted an elite manager who believes in the project. 

The more I think about it the more i want it.  Yes he maybe less driven nowadays maybe, but this is a new type of challenge for him.  Not targetted with winning a trophybas such but getting us to a place where we can arguably challenge for one. 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

If we get Ancellotti. My immediate thoughts are that he will raise the profile of the club in terms of transfers and also demand the respect of players. 

His cv demands respect, he's not a divisive character and he has worked with some of the very best in the game.

Example, Jordan pickford decides to question the manager when criticised for not coming out for a ball? Yeah well this bloke managed Buffon, Cassillas, Cech....  shut up and listen.

If we go for a player that is targetted by top 4, then we become a viable option due to the fact that we have attracted an elite manager who believes in the project. 

The more I think about it the more i want it.  Yes he maybe less driven nowadays maybe, but this is a new type of challenge for him.  Not targetted with winning a trophybas such but getting us to a place where we can arguably challenge for one. 

Not meaning to sound unduly negative, but the same could be said about Pellegrini. Many factors would be at play. 

25 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Guillem Balague has put on Twitter. He wanted a break until the summer but a four year deal and being paid one of the top three managers in the world with the promise of building a top team. Also one website claims he had a meeting with Usmanov who convinced him to sign on. 

Wish Usmanov would stop pissing around at Arsenal and just come and bank roll us into the next stratosphere! 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/everton/story/4015072/carlo-ancelotti-wants-transfer-assurances-before-agreeing-everton-deal-sources

This article says a key factor for Ancelotti is assurances about monies for “upcoming transfer windows.”  That surely means January and then summer.  If he’s asking whether Moshiri and Kenwright are really committed to “building a winning project,” that must mean he thinks very few of our current squad can get us to top 4-6.  Richarlison, Digne?  Gomes???  Anyone else?  Over the next two seasons, would Everton field a totally different squad?

15 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/everton/story/4015072/carlo-ancelotti-wants-transfer-assurances-before-agreeing-everton-deal-sources

This article says a key factor for Ancelotti is assurances about monies for “upcoming transfer windows.”  That surely means January and then summer.  If he’s asking whether Moshiri and Kenwright are really committed to “building a winning project,” that must mean he thinks very few of our current squad can get us to top 4-6.  Richarlison, Digne?  Gomes???  Anyone else?  Over the next two seasons, would Everton field a totally different squad?

Add pickford and that's about it really. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Guillem Balague has put on Twitter. He wanted a break until the summer but a four year deal and being paid one of the top three managers in the world with the promise of building a top team. Also one website claims he had a meeting with Usmanov who convinced him to sign on. 

He's the biggest bullshitter going.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's the biggest bullshitter going.

agreed he's been wrong on so many things i don't think he should even be classified as an "in the know".

Moshiri big bucks will be over the moon, he gets a top manager and big name which will satisfy his ego.  Brands should be happy to have such a top manager, now he will need to get down to business getting rid of the deadwood even more so now and getting in some top players.  to bank roll it all maybe a new sponsorship to be announced USM to replace sportpesa?

13 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Would be hilarious if Usmanov only stepped in to make sure that Ancelotti didn't go to Arsenal.  If it shapes up that way, might have to watch some Arsenal FanTV.

Not sure I’m getting this? He left Arsenal around a year ago so has had no input on what Arsenal are or have done with Ancelotti. 

32 minutes ago, barryj said:

Not sure I’m getting this? He left Arsenal around a year ago so has had no input on what Arsenal are or have done with Ancelotti. 

Rumored he was in on the meeting to help bring Carlo to Everton. Many Arsenal fans wanted Kroenke out and Usmsnov in before Alisher sold up (ie Stan was never gunna give up power).  Arsenal fans love a melt down surrounding what ifs.