IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Moise Kean becomes a player when he starts listening to his manager regardless of who it is.   He has had repeated incidents that point to a poor attitude. 

Let's not start thinking a galactico manager means we should expect to see entitled brats play in our shirt.  Carlo will probably get his respect but he will not be tolerated if he acts up. 

What repeated incidents? He’s a young player with lots to learn. There’s an obvious language barrier too. Ancelotti coming in will surely help the lad. 

Very negative post. 

Hard to process what this means for EFC. Another season sliding into mediocrity or worse and then all of a sudden we have one of the biggest names in the game appointed manager! 

Still, his first job is making sure we get well clear of relegation trouble and starts clearing some of the shit out because no matter what his CV says, no one is winning trophies with this bunch of players. Keane, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Niasse, Martina all have to go as well as the Bolasie's and Sandro's out on loan. I'm also yet to be in any way convinced by Bernard, Iwobi and Walcott. There's no quick fixes for me. 

Didn't see it coming. What a coup this is. Outstanding CV. Bags of experience throughout Europe. Huge reputation.

And yet strangely, I'm holding back. I think the last few years have really dug into me. I've allowed myself to get carried away with the story behind the managers (except that fat lad), lapped up the spending spree's even though my gut instinct was to want only 2-3 key additions per season to slowly build up a powerful squad. And each time it's turned to shit. We've had our pants pulled down by managers, agents, players.

My hope now is for some stability. Ancelotti has a 4 year contract. Has previously not gone beyond 2. I hope he see' s something different here, a new challenge away from his normal role call. Something that excites him and has made him hungry to make it work. What I hope it isn't is a chance to get another pay out after 2 years.

Hopefully Ancelotti is the cherry on top of a huge learning curve for Moshiri and we can start progressing from here on in. Firstly, climb that table. It's not too late to challenge for 6th/7th if we can get the basics sorted. And that's key - get the basics sorted. Defence. Set Pieces. Pass to each other!

Get rid of the dead wood. If they ain't good enough, cut our loses and move on. We've been milked twice over - once for fee's and wages bringing players in, then again trying to get rid!

We, fans, need to be patient. 3/4 years of turmoil can't be undone so quickly. Forget about winning cups etc for a little while, let's just get back to being Evertonians - noisey, hostile, loyal, supportive Evertonians.

Fingers crossed that we've sussed it this time. If this doesn't go to plan, I think we'll all be stuck for words!!!

That tit Merson has accused him of just taking the money and cruising. Surely of that was the case he would have gone to China. There is no place to hide in the premier league. He’s being paid well but I’m sure his commercial appeal will help us acquire some of his wages back. The players will be in awe of him and we have officially stepped up a level. 

1 hour ago, MC11 said:

What repeated incidents? He’s a young player with lots to learn. There’s an obvious language barrier too. Ancelotti coming in will surely help the lad. 

Very negative post. 

Late for a team meeting with the Italian squad and dropped by Mancini

Late for 2 meetings with Silva and dropped

Hooked off the pitch after an abhorrent lazy display and stormed down the tunnel....

If you think Ancelotti will tolerate that just cos he's an italian prodigy then I would be very surprised. 

So if you are Carlo walking through the door Monday morning what are the positives in this squad that you can work on? Who are you looking to get the most out of to give us the best chance of winning games? 

I think getting the most out of Richarlison is probably key, and I would stick with him and DCL up top but behind that it's anyone's guess.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

So if you are Carlo walking through the door Monday morning what are the positives in this squad that you can work on? Who are you looking to get the most out of to give us the best chance of winning games? 

I think getting the most out of Richarlison is probably key, and I would stick with him and DCL up top but behind that it's anyone's guess.

Based on today....

Pickford, mina, sidibe, Delph, Richarlison,.... with DCL, Digne, holgate not having done their chances any harm based on recent form.

The rest.....

Tom Davies, Gylfi, Tosun, Keane not up to it....  iwobi, moise, Bernard may be players he can get a tube out of.....

After that... we need serious investment. A top centre half, top midfielder, top striker.....

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

My hope now is for some stability. Ancelotti has a 4 year contract. Has previously not gone beyond 2. I hope he see' s something different here, a new challenge away from his normal role call. Something that excites him and has made him hungry to make it work. What I hope it isn't is a chance to get another pay out after 2 years.

Not trying to sound negative here. Ancellotti always signs a long contract and gets sacked halfway through it.

Fun fact! He was sacked by Chelsea two hours after we beat them 1-0 on 22 May 2011. 

36 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Not trying to sound negative here. Ancellotti always signs a long contract and gets sacked halfway through it.

Fun fact! He was sacked by Chelsea two hours after we beat them 1-0 on 22 May 2011. 

I thought I was a pessimistic blue. Jesus he’s been in the job half a day and people are picking out the negatives 

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

I thought I was a pessimistic blue. Jesus he’s been in the job half a day and people are picking out the negatives 

I didn't wanted him, but now he's here, I'll support him of course. Just putting the facts straight as to why he rarely goes beyond two seasons with any club.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Who actually doesn't get sacked nowdays though? 

I've never been sacked. Having said that every company I've ever worked for is now out of business (though none of them failed while I was with them). This means....

1. I was so great that when I left they were doomed.

2. I was so awful that my malignant legacy consigned them to bankruptcy. 

I'm going for option one, others may disagree.

46 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I've never been sacked. Having said that every company I've ever worked for is now out of business (though none of them failed while I was with them). This means....

1. I was so great that when I left they were doomed.

2. I was so awful that my malignant legacy consigned them to bankruptcy. 

I'm going for option one, others may disagree.

I can't help but feel we've employed the wrong manager here Mike... 

Can see a lot of people on twitter emphasising that we need to give him 'time' like he has asked for. 

The only issue is, that we have to show progression within his time at the club. It could be said Koeman or Silva didn't have enough time, but on the flip side they didn't show much progression either. 

Id certainly expect us to be back in and amongst the top 8 next season and to go from there, but that's not to say I would want him out if we finished 9th or 10th.

The other thing I hope to see is more sensible transfers. Let's not be buying more teenagers breaking the bank in positions we need experience and/or league familiarity. 

He does need time, but he’s got 20 league games left this season. I’d hope to see progress from here to be honest. If he is such a good coach (I’m certain he is) we should see him improve the players we have as well as bringing some in. 
Eight or nine wins from the 20 remaining games should be doable I think. 

30 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Next season, with some appropriate additions to the squad we should be able to launch a real challenge to the top 4 of the table. All of the traditional big clubs are in a transition and the opportunity is there for a club to establish itself as the new order. At the moment though, that club looks like Leicester.

Go back to the end of last season exactly the same things were said then by a multitude of people, it’s pie in the sky to expect him to get us challenging for a top 4 place next season, he’s got to much to change next season to expect that. 
I do understand the feel good factor when a new manager comes in especially a big one like Ancelotti, but I think we need to tinge it with a bit of reality and not expect to much, or we just set ourselves up for disappointment 

7th or 8th playing good football with new signings that actually do what we bought them to do, will be more than enough for me in season one.