Carlo Ancelotti

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carlo Ancelotti is fucking brilliant and is our manager. Stop talking about Bisto Tits for fucks sake, he's gone and I want to forget that cunt was ever here. It's an embarrassment that he was ever ch

He got us 8th with a much worse squad. We'd be in a much better position had we kept him. Much rather we kept him until Ancelotti was available than endure the absolute fraud that is Marco Silva. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/03/06/jamie-carragher-meets-carlo-ancelotti-not-one-last-payday-going/   My allegiance to Everton ended over 25 years ago, but there is a moment dur

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's frowned upon to say something like this but Carlo really needs to have a good think about what he's doing at the moment. Yes, the players are responsible too but he is not blameless for these wank performances. The way he's set us up for maybe the past month or so is very questionable and he must take his share of the blame.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know it's frowned upon to say something like this but Carlo really needs to have a good think about what he's doing at the moment. Yes, the players are responsible too but he is not blameless for these wank performances. The way he's set us up for maybe the past month or so is very questionable and he must take his share of the blame.

I actually think he's pissed off with player recruitment and he's being pedantic. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I don't think he does his washing in public but I sense that he wanted more than what he got in the summer.  

Hoijberg, Magalhaes, the full back from Spain etc. 

I think he did pretty well out of the window personally and he would have signed off on the final squad too. If he wanted another full back I am sure he would have got one but he said Niels would be back up.

As Romey says though, given the calibre of manager he is, I would be very annoyed with him if it was the case.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I think he did pretty well out of the window personally and he would have signed off on the final squad too. If he wanted another full back I am sure he would have got one but he said Niels would be back up.

As Romey says though, given the calibre of manager he is, I would be very annoyed with him if it was the case.

He's using up a bit of good will... That's for sure. 

Just now, Btay said:

Delph is not an option. What a shame to not have such an attacking, energetic fullback in Niels but not even make the squad. I hope for Carlo’s sake he was injured.

He played for City, you know, so he must be fucking brilliant. Just forget what you've witnessed with your own eyes, that's all that matters.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

He played for City, you know, so he must be fucking brilliant. Just forget what you've witnessed with your own eyes, that's all that matters.

I hold my hand up as I high as I can. I believed he could cover a few roles and be an asset but fuck me Davies and Iwobi out shone him playing as a wing back. Fucks me off the arrogance he walks around with though.

Just now, Btay said:

I hold my hand up as I high as I can. I believed he could cover a few roles and be an asset but fuck me Davies and Iwobi out shone him playing as a wing back. Fucks me off the arrogance he walks around with though.

It pains me seeing him in an Everton shirt and for a multitude of reasons. I feel myself getting angry seeing it and I cannot wait for the day he is no longer associated with our football club.

In the past 4 or 5 games we've had key players out with no adequate cover for them. 

Richarlison is the drive in the squad, Digne is the creativity, Coleman is the leader. 

We need all our best attacking players fit in order to compensate for the shambles of a defence we have. I think Carlo appricates it's not going to be easy to get into Europe and can't afford to gamble on Gordon and Neils. A lot of people I saw on twitter really weren't happy with it but Leeds are a very threatening team and Neils would have been under a lot of pressure, maybe carlo is protecting him as well. 

The defence minus Allan is rotton and deeply inconsistent, from pickford to all our centre backs. 

We need a new goalkeeper and a solid leader in centre half who can bring whoever is playing along side him up. In hindsight Thiago Silva probably would have really improved this squad. 

It seems not one position in the squad can be adequately covered in the event of injury, minus in net where I doubt there's much in it. 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It pains me seeing him in an Everton shirt and for a multitude of reasons. I feel myself getting angry seeing it and I cannot wait for the day he is no longer associated with our football club.

Agreed. Allan is everything Delph thinks he is but he offers nothing, at all.

I really hope Gbamin is a decent player and forces him out of the squad.

He does stink of a player who because he was teammates with aguero and de bruyne he thinks he's that level.

Looking back at the Amazon documentary and that half time speech..... It just smacked of a player trying too hard to prove he belonged.

Mentally he retired when he left city and is using us for pocket money like a bloke who sacks off his stressful corporate job to stack shelves 2 days a week. 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He does stink of a player who because he was teammates with aguero and de bruyne he thinks he's that level.

Looking back at the Amazon documentary and that half time speech..... It just smacked of a player trying too hard to prove he belonged.

Mentally he retired when he left city and is using us for pocket money like a bloke who sacks off his stressful corporate job to stack shelves 2 days a week. 

Yeh, but the ex corporate probably does a good job stacking the shelves.!

The thing that struck me most about yesterday's game is the difference in the discipline and application between the two sides and I think that reflects on their respective managers. 

Leeds' players were running through walls and James, Richarlison and DCL have basically been told to not worry too much about defending because someone else will do it for you. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I find it a bit odd that there is a lot of focus on Delph when he came on as a sub and actually did OK. 

Of all the performances we saw yesterday, I was least concerned by his. 

Because there was no performance? It was like we took a player off without bringing someone on.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Because there was no performance? It was like we took a player off without bringing someone on.

Come on Matt, what was he going to do as a left wing back in a game where we were always on the back foot? He offered just as much as Iwobi and Davies, but certainly no less. 

If you're not happy with him coming on then that is down to Ancelotti for making a pointless sub rather than Delph for doing as much as he really could be expected to do in the circumstances. 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Come on Matt, what was he going to do as a left wing back in a game where we were always on the back foot? He offered just as much as Iwobi and Davies, but certainly no less. 

If you're not happy with him coming on then that is down to Ancelotti for making a pointless sub rather than Delph for doing as much as he really could be expected to do in the circumstances. 

I wouldn’t have noticed him if he hadn’t gone for the bellyflop, it was just pathetic and more infuriating as was about to post he’d done well tracking back and winning the ball. Not saying I blame him for coming on; as I said in the match day thread it was logical. I keep hoping he’s going to show me up and make me look stupid but he keeps doing stupid things like that. 

Thought Davies did alright to be honest be all things considered. At least he tried

On 30/11/2020 at 07:33, Matt said:

I wouldn’t have noticed him if he hadn’t gone for the bellyflop, it was just pathetic and more infuriating as was about to post he’d done well tracking back and winning the ball. Not saying I blame him for coming on; as I said in the match day thread it was logical. I keep hoping he’s going to show me up and make me look stupid but he keeps doing stupid things like that. 

Thought Davies did alright to be honest be all things considered. At least he tried

Delph will always do something stupid, so don't worry you are safe!

They all tried, I don't think there is any doubt about that but trying isn't good enough. He completed only 61% of his passes, the lowest in the team so maybe he should have tried harder!

44 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Delph will always do something stupid, so don't worry you are safe!

They all tried, I don't think there is any doubt about that but trying isn't good enough. He completed only 61% of his passes, the lowest in the team so maybe he should have tried harder!

Made some good tackles and create a chance too if i remember correctly. It was a bad day in the office for nearly all of them as we’ve said though, hopefully we don’t see that mess again at Burnley 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

spot on with the tactics tonight.  back to the 433 and the 4 CB's were a wall that chelsea simply couldn't get through.  it was also nice to see a Plan B without James.  The counter attacking was quick and the punting to DCL was another strategy.  bravo carlo

Yeah, he had it wrong for weeks but tonight it was a perfect game plan and formation.

The 3 at the back nonsense will hopefully we done with now. Tonight the players looked organised and like they knew their roles. Shock, horror!

On 13/12/2020 at 10:07, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah, he had it wrong for weeks but tonight it was a perfect game plan and formation.

The 3 at the back nonsense will hopefully we done with now. Tonight the players looked organised and like they knew their roles. Shock, horror!

I agree. Although - I’m a big big fan of the 3 at the back but it needs the right players and we tried it when we had those players out injured. 
Great to see a clean sheet as well. Hopefully we are building some nice momentum into a busy period. 1 win off the top 4 so hopefully we can fight for some big points - get a player or 2 in the window and really kick on.

52 minutes ago, Btay said:

I agree. Although - I’m a big big fan of the 3 at the back but it needs the right players and we tried it when we had those players out injured. 
Great to see a clean sheet as well. Hopefully we are building some nice momentum into a busy period. 1 win off the top 4 so hopefully we can fight for some big points - get a player or 2 in the window and really kick on.

I don't think it suits us even with the likes of Digne and Coleman because our CB's can't play it. It's about them for me and nothing else.

If we have CB's capable of it then that's a different story and gives us a different way of playing but until then it just needs to be forgotten about.

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think it suits us even with the likes of Digne and Coleman because our CB's can't play it. It's about them for me and nothing else.

If we have CB's capable of it then that's a different story and gives us a different way of playing but until then it just needs to be forgotten about.

Godfrey and Holgate are the types you want in a 3 in my opinion. Mina and Keane - absolutely not. 

Regardless, I don’t mind the flat 4 right now. We’ve got goals in us I just hate seeing us concede every week. It’s boring but I’d rather see us win 2-0 then 4-3.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We've got to play on Arsenal's insecurities so I hope we go for it a little bit more (as said in the matchday thread). If they go behind they could fall apart, and we'll have the added bonus of having fans in the ground to get at them as well.

Agreed you shouldn’t show Arsenal to much respect they are masters at finding there way through the tightest defences with short intricate passes, take it to them without being to gun ho and test there back line, if we can get the an early goal who knows we might get a hat full.

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Agreed you shouldn’t show Arsenal to much respect they are masters at finding there way through the tightest defences with short intricate passes, take it to them without being to gun ho and test there back line, if we can get the an early goal who knows we might get a hat full.

They don’t do that so much anymore. Arteta keeps talking about getting more crosses in the box will make more goals for them. If they try that against us with Keane and Mina at the back I can’t see them having too much luck. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

They don’t do that so much anymore. Arteta keeps talking about getting more crosses in the box will make more goals for them. If they try that against us with Keane and Mina at the back I can’t see them having too much luck. 

I was going to say the same.  The days of arsenals silky midfield with wenger are long gone.  Auba and Lacazetta I’d be worried about but that’s about it.  

On 17/12/2020 at 15:10, Palfy said:

That Arsenal side was about 5 years ago Palfy! 

Against Spurs they went all Moyes and crossed them to death. 

At the moment you can play them and as long as you are organised they won't create many chances. If you open up, they still have the players to finish the chances. 

Invite them on to us, defend like we have and then pick them off. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

That Arsenal side was about 5 years ago Palfy! 

Against Spurs they went all Moyes and crossed them to death. 

At the moment you can play them and as long as you are organised they won't create many chances. If you open up, they still have the players to finish the chances. 

Invite them on to us, defend like we have and then pick them off. 

They weren’t like that against Southampton Arteta rung the changes in personnel and they played the ball on the floor very Wengeress, looks like he’s fighting for his job by changing his tactics which obviously weren’t working. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

They weren’t like that against Southampton Arteta rung the changes in personnel and they played the ball on the floor very Wengeress, looks like he’s fighting for his job by changing his tactics which obviously weren’t working. 

They might done that, but they only had 35% of the ball, managed to have 9 shots, but gave away 13 shots. So even his change of tactics didn’t work. I think Arteta is out of his depth personally. 
They aren’t a team we should be worrying about. Should be a game our players are looking forward to. The chance of three wins back to back, against Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal should be exciting for them. And then follow it up with the cup game. Im excited anyway!

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Two teams in pretty similar spots last year when new managers came in. Looks like we’ve progressed however they have won a trophy. Strange but I’d probably rather be in our position than theres, despite our wait for a trophy.

Good post.  I think their issues have mostly been recruitment IMO, 72m on Pepe a prime example.  We have bettered them in the last few years.  Honestly I think all the arsenal free fall shows how well wenger was doing.  He was skint and put together great sides, they have splashed the money more since he left and been worse.

44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Good post.  I think their issues have mostly been recruitment IMO, 72m on Pepe a prime example.  We have bettered them in the last few years.  Honestly I think all the arsenal free fall shows how well wenger was doing.  He was skint and put together great sides, they have splashed the money more since he left and been worse.

Think their recruiting has been largely poor for a long time. Back to when they bought Arteta off us is when it began in my opinion - I love Arteta but he wasn’t fantastic when we sold him and I thought it was strange a “top 4” team was after him at that age & level of performances.

An injury to Auba and they are done.

5 hours ago, StevO said:

They might done that, but they only had 35% of the ball, managed to have 9 shots, but gave away 13 shots. So even his change of tactics didn’t work. I think Arteta is out of his depth personally. 
They aren’t a team we should be worrying about. Should be a game our players are looking forward to. The chance of three wins back to back, against Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal should be exciting for them. And then follow it up with the cup game. Im excited anyway!

I agree he is out of his depth, and to think he was widely tipped to come here at certain points, as much as I loved him as a player we definitely dodged a bullet by not having him as a manager. 

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Think their recruiting has been largely poor for a long time. Back to when they bought Arteta off us is when it began in my opinion - I love Arteta but he wasn’t fantastic when we sold him and I thought it was strange a “top 4” team was after him at that age & level of performances.

I would disagree with your thoughts on Arteta he was at the top of his game when he left us, if anything we never got over his loss for sometime we just couldn’t get a decent replacement to do what he did for the team, and he became a bit of a hero at Arsenal the fans loved him and let’s be honest they were in a good position to know a good player when they saw one they had witnessed many for years before Arteta arrived. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

I agree he is out of his depth, and to think he was widely tipped to come here at certain points, as much as I loved him as a player we definitely dodged a bullet by not having him as a manager. 

Completely agree mate. Ancelotti is worlds ahead of him. He seems like all of that time with Pep and Wenger was a waste, he’s turned up looking like Moyes! Only I’d expect Moyes to do better with the players they have at Arsenal. 
I hope he turns it round as I love the guy (he was the last sale that genuinely upset me) and don’t want to see him fail. He might just be a very good coach but not good at being the manager. 

27 minutes ago, StevO said:

He was very good for them, but he was never going to be as good as Fabregas when he replaced him. Very big shoes to fill. 

That’s my point more so. I’m never going to say Arteta wasn’t good - I only ever got his name on my shirts and he was without a doubt my favourite player ( well above cahill ). 

34 minutes ago, StevO said:

Completely agree mate. Ancelotti is worlds ahead of him. He seems like all of that time with Pep and Wenger was a waste, he’s turned up looking like Moyes! Only I’d expect Moyes to do better with the players they have at Arsenal. 
I hope he turns it round as I love the guy (he was the last sale that genuinely upset me) and don’t want to see him fail. He might just be a very good coach but not good at being the manager. 

I think the size of the task ahead of him is just being realised and is perhaps yet to be realised by their fans. They are no longer a top 4 team - sometimes you think a team is 2/3 players away from challenging, I think they are (loss of) 2/3 players from really, really struggling.

12 hours ago, Btay said:

Personally, I think Auba is part of the problem in the way they play. He doesn't have the all round game to be the sole striker Arteta wants and he isn't a good enough player in that wide role as he isnt creative. 

Last season it looked like Auba was going to be the second striker from the left much in the way David Villa / Henry / Muller have been in the past for their various clubs. The PL is very defensive and you just don't get that space in behind that often against most of the league and they also don't have enough of a creative outlet in other places on the pitch to create those chances for him.

As I have said before, you can see they have done a lot of work on the training ground and they go through phases of play like a Pep side or Wenger's Arsenal but when they get into the final third they have become more Moyes and that is probably the worst combination you could ask for!

I think Arteta is showing his inexperience at the moment. He has a tough job on his hands and it started really well which has raised expectations much higher than they really should have been and now they are really struggling. It doesnt help having someone sent off every game either though!